• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

PreseaLover's soundgimmicks.com

PreseaLover

On 10/22/2016 at 9:31 AM, PreseaLover said:

Since most of you are fans of Local english music, you can listen and see videos from this site. I made this :) just launched today.. This sure has some crazy music to drive by :D will be adding more and more artists and songs every day:  http://soundgimmicks.com/

You made this? Meaning you run this or did development on it? I saw Suresh and Yazmin talking about it on FB today.

Since most of you are fans of Local english music, you can listen and see videos from this site. I made this :) just launched today.. This sure has some crazy music to drive by :D will be adding more and more artists and songs every day:  http://soundgimmicks.com/

Nice initiative, unearth the local talent \m/

19 hours ago, Pericles said:

You made this? Meaning you run this or did development on it? I saw Suresh and Yazmin talking about it on FB today.

14 hours ago, fiatLife said:

Nice initiative, unearth the local talent \m/

I run this :) I'm handling the operations side and founded it with a friend of mine. He is doing the Development  and I'm taking care of the backend part including the front end artist interaction etc. I have more plans and ideas to incorporate into this. This week I'm adding a VIDEO INTERVIEWS feature to the site, where every week a video interview of a band or an artist will be published.. minimum one interview. And also the EVENTS TICKETS page is also on its way. We'd like to sell any musical event tickets via our site. Likewise I got many more ideas and lil by lil will incorporate it :) and thanks fiatlife. Oh so what was the feedback from them about the site? is it positive?

2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Oh so what was the feedback from them about the site? is it positive?

Yes the site seems good and practical, I usually use soundcloud alot and this initiative can be upgraded in time to come.Wishing you all the best as im already listening to songs from your site as I lost the touch of home-bred music since 8 years ago so. 

I would like these features to be implemented in the future ;)

• New menu item named Genres, which will list all the artists of that genre.
  • Playlist for genres from all the artists.
  • Also is there a possibility to add more than 3 or 4 songs on the specific artist's page(mp3 section on the right hand side)?
  • Maximize the youtube video on click as a popup maybe?
  • I see that you have added next artist and previous artist at the bottom of the page of the individual artist page, thats cool, maybe add it to the top of the page also?
  • Search bar looks odd :P 

Why so dark the community page? Wordpress has good themes neh :P 

Again good initiative and hoping the artist base grows and gets un-earthed from this :) :wub:

29 minutes ago, fiatLife said:

Yes the site seems good and practical, I usually use soundcloud alot and this initiative can be upgraded in time to come.Wishing you all the best as im already listening to songs from your site as I lost the touch of home-bred music since 8 years ago so. 

• Also is there a possibility to add more than 3 or 4 songs on the specific artist's page(mp3 section on the right hand side)?
  • I see that you have added next artist and previous artist at the bottom of the page of the individual artist page, thats cool, maybe add it to the top of the page also?

Again good initiative and hoping the artist base grows and gets un-earthed from this :) :wub:

Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciate it... yes the site needs improvement.

• New menu item named Genres, which will list all the artists of that genre - Already had that in mind, however what we did was in the search bar if you type POP or if you click on any genre label, all the artists in the specific genre will be listed in a page.

• Playlist for genres from all the artists. - Yes hoping to add a podcast and have different shows for different time periods for artists of all the genre's

• Also is there a possibility to add more than 3 or 4 songs on the specific artist's page(mp3 section on the right hand side)? - Yes can add an unlimited amount of songs, so far most of sri lankan musicians has released only a few hence added a few. But yes, some artists and bands has released albums, however they provided only a few tracks to upload due to their preference. 

• Maximize the youtube video on click as a popup maybe? I will put this into the todo list :)

• I see that you have added next artist and previous artist at the bottom of the page of the individual artist page, thats cool, maybe add it to the top of the page also? - Will do this too:)

• Search bar looks odd :P - I know, I felt the same, however tried meddling around with it, and couldnt help it lol :P

Why so dark the community page? Wordpress has good themes neh - haha yeah wanted to keep the same colours and all for the community page as well, so yeah :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2016 at 1:55 PM, Pericles said:

On 10/24/2016 at 0:16 PM, fiatLife said:

Now we have a video interview and live recording page as well and we decided to take a videographer also into our team of 2. Right now we are not generating revenue because we dont have much hits yet. But we have plans of getting hits through video recordings through adds once we put them to youtube. And also I have the idea of doing documentries of bands etc. including both Sinhala and English artists/bands who are popular. I will be writing scripts for those. So looking for a videographer who likes to join us and once we start generating revenue from the video's then from that we can share a percentage from the total revenue, but right now no pay. Anyone you guys might know who would like to join us and who has the skills to do videography? :)

nice job PL. good initiative.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2015 at 11:39 PM, Kavvz said:

lol !! Thanks Pericles! Was a big fan / admirer of Natasha back in the day but strangely that's cooled now. I do still admire her for her drive and passion in what is sometimes a hostile work environment / industry though. Very cool that she's lasted so long and is actually doing quite well in her field. Kudos to the girl.

On 9/29/2015 at 9:52 PM, Pericles said:

She's been teasing a new single on social media for a few weeks now. Should be out soon :)

Here you go, you Natasha fans can now listen to her songs via my site :D managed to get in touch with her and got all her english tracks and videos, so here you go :) 

http://soundgimmicks.com/natasha-rathnayake/

12 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Here you go, you Natasha fans can now listen to her songs via my site :D managed to get in touch with her and got all her english tracks and videos, so here you go :) 

http://soundgimmicks.com/natasha-rathnayake/

Oh you have a music site? Crap how did I miss that? Cool I'll take a look. But quick question- How do the artistes get paid ?

Edit: Okay, so I guess since the videos are linked to her youtube channel she gets paid via that revenue channel which is pretty cool. I'm glad your site isn't centred around a business model that rips off artistes, 'cos that's silly. They deserve to get paid for their work / the content they create just like the rest of us. Nice work PL.

Also LOL at her picture on your webpage: That's such a look-at-my-legs-who-cares-if-I-can-sing picture!! :D Which is hilarious, as I heard her complaining on the radio one morning to the DJ that she found it gross when a group of teenagers kept staring at her butt while she was out with her friends at the cinema the day before: Double standards if you ask me! 

Edited by Kavvz

11 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Oh you have a music site? Crap how did I miss that? Cool I'll take a look. But quick question- How do the artistes get paid ?

Edit: Okay, so I guess since the videos are linked to her youtube channel she gets paid via that revenue channel which is pretty cool. I'm glad your site isn't centred around a business model that rips off artistes, 'cos that's silly. They deserve to get paid for their work / the content they create just like the rest of us. Nice work PL.

Also LOL at her picture on your webpage: That's such a look-at-my-legs-who-cares-if-I-can-sing picture!! :D Which is hilarious, as I heard her complaining on the radio one morning to the DJ that she found it gross when a group of teenagers kept staring at her butt while she was out with her friends at the cinema the day before: Double standards if you ask me! 

Launched it one month back :)

She gets paid via her CD's and shows and maybe youtube videos I guess, nothing to do with my site though. 

And thanks :D

haha I used that pic cuz it fitted into a cover image size to display in the main header as well... didnt notice what you are saying until now :P

and @fiatlife hope you are still listening to the songs of the site.. I have now added the genre filter as well. the media/playlist player is on the way so you can navigate between pages while listening to the song :)

Edited by PreseaLover
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

and @fiatlife hope you are still listening to the songs of the site.. I have now added the genre filter as well. the media/playlist player is on the way so you can navigate between pages while listening to the song :)

yesh yesh me visitng your site like 3times per week or so, was busy with the office stuff. Ahh thats cool, awaiting for the improvements.

Also if I may add, in the Artists page now you have 4 artists per row and the music category in top. If you can make the music category take one block of the artist and fix it when scrolling the page (left or right side of the page),  that means you can have 3 artists per row with the current spacing and all (or can still have 4 artists with a smaller size of image) and the genres will be at a fixed position :)  Please note that these comments will be not to discourage you, but to give you another perspective on user accessibility ;)

Anyhoo nice to see changes implemented, hoping for more :D:)

42 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Launched it one month back :)

She gets paid via her CD's and shows and maybe youtube videos I guess, nothing to do with my site though. 

And thanks :D

haha I used that pic cuz it fitted into a cover image size to display in the main header as well... didnt notice what you are saying until now :P

Does anyone even buy CD's anymore?:D  And yeah right! You didn't notice!! Tell me another story! Its a slow day at work...

1 hour ago, fiatLife said:

yesh yesh me visitng your site like 3times per week or so, was busy with the office stuff. Ahh thats cool, awaiting for the improvements.

Also if I may add, in the Artists page now you have 4 artists per row and the music category in top. If you can make the music category take one block of the artist and fix it when scrolling the page (left or right side of the page),  that means you can have 3 artists per row with the current spacing and all (or can still have 4 artists with a smaller size of image) and the genres will be at a fixed position :)  Please note that these comments will be not to discourage you, but to give you another perspective on user accessibility ;)

Anyhoo nice to see changes implemented, hoping for more :D:)

yes yes, i very much appreciate the feedback, keep em coming :D

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Does anyone even buy CD's anymore?:D  And yeah right! You didn't notice!! Tell me another story! Its a slow day at work...

haha why is it hard to believe man? :D Honestly I didn't bother to notice :D

10 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

haha why is it hard to believe man? :D Honestly I didn't bother to notice :D

Hmm...well, its just a chick in a raincoat; its not like she's driving a Presea or anything, so fair enough! 

Edited by Kavvz

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Hmm...well, its just a chick in a raincoat; its not like she's driving a Presea or anything, so fair enough! 

exactly... see now you understand :D

1 hour ago, s.madura said:

@PreseaLover Good Job. UI/UX need bit of a revamp to attract users and need to kill the static look. hopefully you can achieve it in the future.

Happy to know if you wish to share. really what was behind this idea :P 

Yes, I know there is a lot in my mind... however me and my partner are both full time workers in other companies.. so we have only a limited number of hours to work on this.. so many features are lined-up in the agile board to cover in the next few releases... and thanks for the feedback :)

what's behind this idea.. hmmm, well I myself was in and out of music time to time and gave up because i dont have time to play in a band anymore... and I realized this is what local english musicians are lacking in this country... a common platform where it brings all the local english musicians together... and a common place where people can listen to all their songs and videos.... so thats what inspired to do this... :) 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2016 at 8:29 PM, Kavvz said:

You should see the rest of that shoot. Part of a Christmas theme. I think the pics were on her FB or something. Think of unwrapping your Christmas presents...

On 22/10/2016 at 9:31 AM, PreseaLover said:

Natasha Rathnayake was thanking you on instagram :lol::lol:

Good luck mate

On 23/11/2016 at 0:39 PM, Pericles said:

You should see the rest of that shoot. Part of a Christmas theme. I think the pics were on her FB or something. Think of unwrapping your Christmas presents...

lol! And your friend (that Wills girl ) popped up outta nowhere and went viral with a collaboration with Iraj W too huh>? What Interesting times we live in!

( Whatever said and done, whether its in good taste or not, Iraj W. certainly knows how to get out and get noticed! )