• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

PreseaLover's soundgimmicks.com

PreseaLover

5 hours ago, Kavvz said:

lol! And your friend (that Wills girl ) popped up outta nowhere and went viral with a collaboration with Iraj W too huh>? What Interesting times we live in!

( Whatever said and done, whether its in good taste or not, Iraj W. certainly knows how to get out and get noticed! )

stay tuned, natasha's video interview coming out on the 1st of dec :)

Did few other video interviews as well, if you have noticed under the "Interviews Menu"... not sure if you guys know any of them...

IT experts out there need your expertise on the following issue which I'm trying to figure out a way around :) 

I'm trying to add a static media player to the footer of the webpage as a media player that will queue all the songs that people will add to playlist from various artists. So while people add each song in the site to the playlist, they can navigate to every page without the song being interrupted, and when its finished the next song in the playlist queue will play... 

So my issue is, I currently have the songs on a playlist created using 'wordpress - Cue plugin'. I need to have a URL or a Button as "Add to playlist" that will push these songs to my static player in the footer. For this, I need to use the song location in the URL. How can I get the song location of each song that is appeared in the playlist?

Thanks in advance :) 

On 12/1/2016 at 9:03 AM, PreseaLover said:

IT experts out there need your expertise on the following issue which I'm trying to figure out a way around :) 

I'm trying to add a static media player to the footer of the webpage as a media player that will queue all the songs that people will add to playlist from various artists. So while people add each song in the site to the playlist, they can navigate to every page without the song being interrupted, and when its finished the next song in the playlist queue will play... 

So my issue is, I currently have the songs on a playlist created using 'wordpress - Cue plugin'. I need to have a URL or a Button as "Add to playlist" that will push these songs to my static player in the footer. For this, I need to use the song location in the URL. How can I get the song location of each song that is appeared in the playlist?

Thanks in advance :) 

For uninterrupted song play, a clean and neat way to do it , is the way that Soundcloud.com and Spotify.com made through ajaxifying all the pages.

Fix a page and change the pages content through ajax ,and change the url as well to give the user the illusion of navigating. This is not the easiest or fastest solution ,but it's the cleanest one.

Use Ajax to load content and HTML5 history API (history.pushState()) to alter URL without page reloading.

Another possible option is to use cookies to save current playing position (Audio.currentTime) when user leaves a page and then extract position from cookie and set it to Audio.currentTime value when loading new page. Note that this may cause a noticeable pause in playing while new page is loading, so, for uninterrupted playback, the Ajax/history approach is preferred.

1 hour ago, fiatLife said:

For uninterrupted song play, a clean and neat way to do it , is the way that Soundcloud.com and Spotify.com made through ajaxifying all the pages.

Fix a page and change the pages content through ajax ,and change the url as well to give the user the illusion of navigating. This is not the easiest or fastest solution ,but it's the cleanest one.

Use Ajax to load content and HTML5 history API (history.pushState()) to alter URL without page reloading.

Another possible option is to use cookies to save current playing position (Audio.currentTime) when user leaves a page and then extract position from cookie and set it to Audio.currentTime value when loading new page. Note that this may cause a noticeable pause in playing while new page is loading, so, for uninterrupted playback, the Ajax/history approach is preferred.

Hi Fiat... We are using ajax... Issue is we need to keep our current music player which is already embedded.. we need to keep the current playlist if people wants to listen to a single song and integrate the player in the bottom to that static player (the static player will be there in the footer in every page when navigating.. (you get what I mean).. so what im stuck here with is how to add the url of the song location, to that player in the bottom (static player) when the user clicks the "add to playlist" button.. I need to take that connection from that "add to play list" button to the main static player at the bottom... 

Edited by PreseaLover

10 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Hi Fiat... We are using ajax... Issue is we need to keep our current music player which is already embedded.. we need to keep the current playlist if people wants to listen to a single song and integrate the player in the bottom to that static player (the static player will be there in the footer in every page when navigating.. (you get what I mean).. so what im stuck here with is how to add the url of the song location, to that player in the bottom (static player) when the user clicks the "add to playlist" button.. I need to take that connection from that "add to play list" button to the main static player at the bottom... 

yep got your idea, what i presented above was uninterrupted song playing when navigating to links. you can get the mp3 url of the song you want to add to the player/playlist and append a new song to the playlist with the said url. You can use jquery.

ex:  

var playerName = $('#myPlaylist'); //playlist id at the bottom of the page
var clickedItemUrl = $(this).attr('data-src'); //individual song you want to add to the playlist
$(playerName).append('<li> <a href="#" data-src="'+clickedItemUrl+'">NEW SONG</li>');

23 hours ago, fiatLife said:

yep got your idea, what i presented above was uninterrupted song playing when navigating to links. you can get the mp3 url of the song you want to add to the player/playlist and append a new song to the playlist with the said url. You can use jquery.

ex:  

var clickedItemUrl = $(this).attr('data-src'); //individual song you want to add to the playlist
$(playerName).append('<li> <a href="#" data-src="'+clickedItemUrl+'">NEW SONG</li>');

ah thanks fiatlife, will try that out :)

23 hours ago, fiatLife said:

ex:  

@fiatLife machan no, still that's not the problem... Here's a picture of what im trying to do.... as you can see, i want to take these song URL's to the 'Add to Playlist' button :) so how to get these songs URL's to the 'add to playlist' button is what I want to do.. so that when the user clicks the button, those songs will be added to the playlist... 

asdasdas.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2016 at 0:49 AM, Kavvz said:

lol! And your friend (that Wills girl ) popped up outta nowhere and went viral with a collaboration with Iraj W too huh>? What Interesting times we live in!

( Whatever said and done, whether its in good taste or not, Iraj W. certainly knows how to get out and get noticed! )

I don't know Miss Willis (yet). Shot her a few times over the years, but no personal conversations. :) 

10 hours ago, Pericles said:

I don't know Miss Willis (yet). Shot her a few times over the years, but no personal conversations. :) 

Ah! I see. For some reason or the other I thought you knew each other outside of work etc. -My apologies for simply assuming. 

Hi All.. need help again.

I added a new page for Tutors in the site (Piano, Guitar, Vocal Classes).

So I have used a plugin called 'Search and Filter' which are checkbox selection- so that people can chose what are the specific tutors/classes they are looking for.. However after installing the plugin, many checkboxes from other different pages also has been added. (Eg: Checkboxes of the many genre's I have added to the Artists page also gets displayed in this tutors page. So not only the tutors, the tags I have used to display artists also get listed in the tutors page)

So, does anyone know how to show only the tags I want, in this tutors page?

14 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

so did a video interview with Natasha rathnayake and shot 10 questions which she answers in this video below :) Here's to the Natasha fans :D @Kavvz

I'm not really a fan of her particular blend of music any more, but I do certainly admire her work ethic and perseverance in an environment that usually isn't too kind to female artistes...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I've got a problem with bluehost.. recently tried to revamp the page and the theme got messed up so needed to restore it.. however paid a 20$ and got the restoring option however couldnt do it, so contacted bluehost and they said they will do the restoring for me... however for over 4 days over 7 times I have been addressing them the issue over the bluehost live chat and everytime they say they have added to the high priority queue and will solve it so they will restore a backup in few hours, however still the chat guys says the same thing... im clueless as to what to do now... anyone experienced this before?.. in this case what should i do, as they seem to never fix this issue ?

• 2 weeks later...

Previous issues were solved.. got another problem to solve this time :P

When I add ajaxify wordpress plugin and when I set the content that I need to change as the div that has div id – “content”, my other wordpress plugins stop working.

Plugins that do not work afterwards are,

-         -  Slider in the home page

-          - Cue media player plugin

-           -Opinion Stage poll plugin

I even try to reload the javascripts related to Cue media player plugin by inserting them as per below thread. But still no luck. It would be pretty awesome if i can get this sorted. Much appreciated

So SoundGimmicks is now Revamped with some new features/ Changed UI to take it to the next level of promoting English Music in the South Asian Region. Now we have a SoundGimmicks TOP #10 Chart along with a Voting Option for new releases of artists in the South Asian Region. We have made the voting very simple, all you have to do is to visit the soundgimmicks home page and click on a song you like to vote and you are done.

Taking the feedback of you guys, I have also included a PLAYLIST option so now you can add your favourite songs to the playlist and listen while you navigate through different artists pages and have done many changes to the individual artists pages too, few more in the feedback list is yet to be done :) @fiatLife

Soon I'm expanding into the south asian region and will be adding south asian english artists too.. working on that... more feedback form you guys about the revamped site will be highly appreciated :)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PreseaLover said:
So SoundGimmicks is now Revamped with some new features/ Changed UI to take it to the next level of promoting English Music in the South Asian Region. Now we have a SoundGimmicks TOP #10 Chart along with a Voting Option for new releases of artists in the South Asian Region. We have made the voting very simple, all you have to do is to visit the soundgimmicks home page and click on a song you like to vote and you are done.

Taking the feedback of you guys, I have also included a PLAYLIST option so now you can add your favourite songs to the playlist and listen while you navigate through different artists pages and have done many changes to the individual artists pages too, few more in the feedback list is yet to be done :) @fiatLife

Soon I'm expanding into the south asian region and will be adding south asian english artists too.. working on that... more feedback form you guys about the revamped site will be highly appreciated :)

Nice macha, wishing you all the best from the bokka :D I see some nice changes have done, Change the color of the % in top 10 tracks :P i was confused there for a bit :D so only for one song i can vote? not multiple? 

8 hours ago, fiatLife said:

Nice macha, wishing you all the best from the bokka :D I see some nice changes have done, Change the color of the % in top 10 tracks :P i was confused there for a bit :D so only for one song i can vote? not multiple? 

machan can't change the percentage colour, I also tried it.. the voting system is powered by opinion stage ne.. so when i select that colour theme thats the default percentage colour it is giving... and that was the only theme colour that looked matching with the site background colour... and yes that percentage colour is an issue which cannot be fixed :/

and yes you can only vote for one :)

Edited by PreseaLover
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thoughts of selling off SoundGimmicks to anyone who is interested in buying it, as me and my partner both don't have time managing it with our full time jobs... If anyone is interested buying it, you can contact me.. The brand name is built in SL and the south asian countries.. 145 south asian artists are already registered in the site database and all of that will be handed over.. 

On 12/4/2016 at 0:04 AM, PreseaLover said:

We covered our first event for a Stigmata Concert as a media partner, and shot the following video that displays a special performance with 5 ladies from the soul sounds choir singing along with Stigmata... Here's to all the Rock Music lovers :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW5L3TeKuAw&t=6s

lovee it,.. :-)