• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

White smoke coming out exsaut

tcfern1

Question

22 answers to this question

That's not a good sign unless of course what you see as white smoke is water vapor condensed due to low ambient temperature in the mornings these days. Do you get oil burning smell along with the white smoke? Assuming you have done your oil changes on time and the mileage is at least accurate to nearest 100k kms (:D), the most probable reason for white smoke could be a leaky valve guide. Get it diagnosed and rectified as soon as possible because if you run like this it may spoil your O2 sensors soon.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

That's not a good sign unless of course what you see as white smoke is water vapor condensed due to low ambient temperature in the mornings these days. Do you get oil burning smell along with the white smoke? Assuming you have done your oil changes on time and the mileage is at least accurate to nearest 100k kms (:D), the most probable reason for white smoke could be a leaky valve guide. Get it diagnosed and rectified as soon as possible because if you run like this it may spoil your O2 sensors soon.

Is it possible to get a leaky valve guide since the milage is just 16k km(16000km)

3 hours ago, tcfern1 said:

Is it possible to get a leaky valve guide since the milage is just 16k km(16000km)

Well as Crosswind said it is a car after all. Do you have a warranty on your car? I am worried because I am using an Axio hybrid as my daily runner too and the mileage is just over 30k after two years. Now your story sent a few shivers down my spine!:lol:

On 11/18/2016 at 7:51 AM, Rumesh88 said:

@Rumesh88

Its too early to guess which I highlighted from your quote with provided information by OP, since the millage is too low (yes, there is a possibility to happen it even at 50 or 100 km but highly unlikely). Always should start from the smallest thing and always better to ask questions for clear picture......  I mean no point of giving big headache to OP before properly investigate.   

If you went to a Doctor for a headache, he will not tell "most probable reason for the headache could be you may have a tumor in your brain". 

5 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Does the oil level go down between changes?

This is good question. 

@tcfern1 

When you observe white smoke? While running with deep throttle? or accelerate while stopped (by the way, I hope you didn't observed acceleration at stopped since it's normally not happening otherwise you do it deliberately)   

Any relation with time of the day and/or

the temperature of the engine (I mean is it increase or decrease with the time after engine start)?

Are you clear this may not the water vapor? 

Edited by gayanath

4 hours ago, gayanath said:

@Rumesh88

Its too early to guess which I highlighted from your quote with provided information by OP, since the millage is too low (yes, there is a possibility to happen it even at 50 or 100 km but highly unlikely). Always should start from the smallest thing and always better to ask questions for clear picture......  I mean no point of giving big headache to OP before properly investigate.   

If you went to a Doctor for a headache, he will not tell "most probable reason for the headache could be you may have a tumor in your brain". 

This is good question. 

@tcfern1 

When you observe white smoke? While running with deep throttle? or accelerate while stopped (by the way, I hope you didn't observed acceleration at stopped since it's normally not happening otherwise you do it deliberately)   

Any relation with time of the day and/or

the temperature of the engine (I mean is it increase or decrease with the time after engine start)?

Are you clear this may not the water vapor? 

Is there any way how to identify it is water vapor?

As every one in a complicacy would you mind being precise.....

1) Is it right after starting or else before hitting the engine temperature right after start ??

2) is it a mere smoke or clealrly noticeable heavy smoke ??

FYI cars usually have that mere white smoke in the very good mornings ??

26 minutes ago, tcfern1 said:

Oil burn smell should come from engine bay or from the exsaut

Pls advice how to identify?

16 hours ago, tcfern1 said:

Is there any way how to identify it is water vapor?

Ha...Ha....

Tomorrow early morning, fill a kettle with half water and put it on fire, then see the steam emission from the goose neck . Your tail pipe emission in the morning is same, then its water vapor. 

Otherwise, see somebody doing smoking  if you are not a smoker. Its white smoke. If you emission is same (but thicker than this) and not last withing few minutes, then only you will be on trouble. 

Edited by gayanath

7 minutes ago, tcfern1 said:

Finally got it checked at TL and confirmed that the white vapor is water vapor since the engine has no issue

Thanks everyone who shared advice

Happy to here ......

Moral of the story:  

When diagnosing, always start from the smallest and lowest point.