• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Amazing fuel on Aqua (2013)

It's my first hybrid vehicle, was thinking either to buy GP5 or Aqua. With help of this forum and by looking at physical condition of the cars finally decided to buy an Aqua. 

What i most like about Aqua is amazing fuel on 92 octane. Usual in heavy traffic it easily goes to 20 KM per L and in a night i had my best performance so far, it did 32 KM/L for 33 KMs from Warakapola to Gampaha. 

Shearing my experience... 

15056449_10154699653479609_4483044530282483087_n.jpg

• Sad 1

Not that amazing because Warakapola to Gampaha you have a drop in elevation of about 70m for the 33km run. To be more realistic you should consider the consumption over a return journey.

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 6

On 11/13/2016 at 5:31 PM, Praboda Fernando said:

It's my first hybrid vehicle, was thinking either to buy GP5 or Aqua. With help of this forum and by looking at physical condition of the cars finally decided to buy an Aqua. 

What i most like about Aqua is amazing fuel on 92 octane. Usual in heavy traffic it easily goes to 20 KM per L and in a night i had my best performance so far, it did 32 KM/L for 33 KMs from Warakapola to Gampaha. 

best way is top up, run about 200km, top up & calculate the economy. (traditional way)

on board economy meter just give a clue. based on so many parameter.

correct me if i'm wrong ...

Aqua on board economy is generally/almost matching with actual (full tank to full tank figure) with only about  2.5 - 3.5  % error for + side. Sometimes it could be due to fuel pump calibration issues (almost all the pumps are calibrated lowest side for higher profit in SL) as well. 

• 10 months later...
On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎14 at 4:52 PM, Rumesh88 said:

To be more realistic you should consider the consumption over a return journey.

yes,very important. Reminds me of another Idiot I met last year while taking a break at a hakuru shop near Kitulgala, who was kind of having an orgasm when claiming that his Priass has just done 100kmpl,coming from Nuwara-eliya,to kithulgala via yatiyanthota road!?

• Haha 3

• 6 months later...
On 11/13/2016 at 5:01 PM, Praboda Fernando said:

I am able to get up to 35 Km/L in night driving with light traffic in city ( on Level road) , but daytime driving,with A/C on, in congested city road with constant stop & go traffic is another story, the usual mileage is 11- 13.5 Km/L , I try the "Pulse & Glide" technique whenever i get some clear rood ahead, that sometime  improves mileage to 14- 15 Km/L max.

• Like 1