• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How to protect car from rust?

flashmark

Hi,

In my annex I don't have a proper indoor location to park my car. Due to rain season car is always wet. Even the sun comes car doesn't get dry because of trees around in my parking location. I saw some tiny rust in inside the door edge.

Do you know any options to prevent from rust or dry car?

thanks

How about buying one of those tents that you can assemble yourself with a waterproof canvas? This way, when you decide to leave the annex, you can take the garage with you. 

I haven't used one of them but I have had to resort to using a canvas sheet that I bought from the roadside (in front of SLIIT in Malabe) for about 2 years and it held up pretty well. I secured the sheet to two walls on either side and made sure that water doesn't gather on it and cause it to tear. It wasn't the best, but it did the job of keeping the car off the sun and rain.

If you are parking the car on an unpaved surface (grass or dirt), then you should also keep in mind that the moisture from the ground can also result in the undercarriage developing surface rust which may cause corrosion. As a solution, you can buy some cheap concrete tiles and lay them out and park the car on top of that.

• Like 2