• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Problems

askiii

Question

9 answers to this question

You have not mentioned the conditions (AC on, city or outstation driving etc) under which you observed above mileage. If you have previous Eco certificate readings, they can give an rough idea of whether you really have an issue with fuel consumption. However assuming your fuel consumption is bad the best thing you can do is to go for a comprehensive tune up (clean up of throttle body, IACV valve, PCV valve, injectors, change of air filter and injector washers if needed etc) along with a scan to decide on what other things you have to do. Piece-wise approach will not do any good.

12 hours ago, askiii said:

Dear Experts 

I bought   the AE 100 before one moth, and i cleen the EFI unit but its  8/9 km per 1ltr ...(i replaced  plug and wire )...plz tel me what can i do? plzzzzzz

8-9 km/litre is the average fuel economy of this car (after few years of engine wear). Some years ago, I had a 110 and it did exactly 8 in Colombo. I'm sure you were fooled by the Goebbel's theory that is so common among stupid Sri Lankans.

thanks for all who waste to time for me :)..i ts (with AC) not colombo area ..toady i took the car to garage,he was chcked the emmision (with Machine.). after the check  he told me the sensor (  The manifold absolute pressure  sensor) MAP Sensor was not worked..what can ido friends

11 hours ago, askiii said:

thanks for all who waste to time for me :)..i ts (with AC) not colombo area ..toady i took the car to garage,he was chcked the emmision (with Machine.). after the check  he told me the sensor (  The manifold absolute pressure  sensor) MAP Sensor was not worked..what can ido friends

He's guessing that the MAP sensor is faulty. Emission testing machine cannot be used for determining this with accuracy. Take the car to someone who has an OBD tool and get it checked.

If the MAP sensor is faulty, it will affect the airflow, which in return, affects ignition, which you will notice by an unusual vibration (misfiring). You can make a 'guess' that way too. But it will only be a guess.

thanks frd you absolutely correct ..he ws guess .... MAP sensor is work ,now he tell me he want to check contrloe unit ..some times  i noticed my car was unusual vibration ...you correct plz tell me wheres the place i want to go?

Edited by askiii