• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrist Watch buckle repair

PreseaLover

Hi All,

Is there any good place to repair a wrist watch buckle? My wrist watch buckle got seperated from the leather strip and normal watch repair shops said they cant sew it, and the strap needs to be replaced as it is hard to sew since the joining part is tightly coupled... the watch is a FOSSIL (fs4812 model) and the FOSSIL dealers said it will take around 2 months for to bring down a strap and I cant wait that long...I dont want to use any other strap other than the original fossil strap too... so anyone know any good watch repair workshop to sew the buckle into the strap again? appreciate it much :)

1 minute ago, Crosswind said:

BTW you can buy a brand new FS4812 for about $80 shipped on ebay (and probably lesser in Jomashop/Watchuseek).

Yeah I also saw there is a FS4812 for 80$, but I'm not sure about the quality of it or actually if its a genuine one... Because 2 years back I bought it for 21k.. I checked in Galleria too yesteday and still the price for the brand new one is 21k.. so ebay giving it for 80$ (which means 12k) is a bit fishy..

31 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Yeah I also saw there is a FS4812 for 80$, but I'm not sure about the quality of it or actually if its a genuine one... Because 2 years back I bought it for 21k.. I checked in Galleria too yesteday and still the price for the brand new one is 21k.. so ebay giving it for 80$ (which means 12k) is a bit fishy..

No it's not fishy. That's the price and the value of a Fossil. Over 95% of Fossil watches are Chinese made with Chinese movements (usually knock-offs of Seiko/Citizen/ETA movements). Spending 21k on a Fossil is nothing short of sacrilege. They have the appearance and nothing else.

If you want a real watch made by a company dedicated to making watches, go for something from Seiko, Citizen, any of the Swatch group companies (Swatch, Tissot, Hamilton, Longines etc.).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

No it's not fishy. That's the price and the value of a Fossil. Over 95% of Fossil watches are Chinese made with Chinese movements (usually knock-offs of Seiko/Citizen/ETA movements). Spending 21k on a Fossil is nothing short of sacrilege. They have the appearance and nothing else.

If you want a real watch made by a company dedicated to making watches, go for something from Seiko, Citizen, any of the Swatch group companies (Swatch, Tissot, Hamilton, Longines etc.).

I see... mine was bought from Netherlands though... however upto date, the watch didnt give me any trouble :/

Yeah, my next go is for the Tissot black strap.. 

15 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

$80 seems about right for a fossil watch

15 hours ago, Crosswind said:

No it's not fishy. That's the price and the value of a Fossil.

Agreed. 

On 10/31/2016 at 7:04 PM, PreseaLover said:

Hi All,

Is there any good place to repair a wrist watch buckle? My wrist watch buckle got seperated from the leather strip and normal watch repair shops said they cant sew it, and the strap needs to be replaced as it is hard to sew since the joining part is tightly coupled... the watch is a FOSSIL (fs4812 model) and the FOSSIL dealers said it will take around 2 months for to bring down a strap and I cant wait that long...I dont want to use any other strap other than the original fossil strap too... so anyone know any good watch repair workshop to sew the buckle into the strap again? appreciate it much :)

Wimaladharma bros.

You should be looking for a place where they have a leather sewing machine and do retail jobs. Same thing happened to me with a Raymond Weil and now I manage with a cheap leather strap bought locally.

1 minute ago, Rumesh88 said:

You should be looking for a place where they have a leather sewing machine and do retail jobs. Same thing happened to me with a Raymond Weil and now I manage with a cheap leather strap bought locally.

I did.. i even checked with Don Willies too... however they said they cant sew because the leather and the buckle is tightly coupled in a way they cannot sew it,.. the only way they could is to extend it with another piece of leather and it will be seen that the watch is stitched they said... so i had to give up and purchase a new one :(

Our climate is not supportive to leather straps. Humidity, temperature, constant exposure to sweat gets toll over them. Best would be to stick to steel for daily wear.

I have got watches down from Ashford (ebay) through K*****a with huge savings over retail prices here.

and my watch strap arrived... very disapointed with it because it doesnt feel like a fossil anymore.. the one i purchased is a genuine leather which fits the model spec but its very light and my hand looks cheap wearing it, its not as grippy as the original strap.. paid 2500/- for it and I cant live with it... so I'm sadly gonna sell my fossil and buy another new one :(  just after I fixed the watch strap from don willie's and put it on my hand, the clock stopped working too, and had to replace the battery as well... 

On 10/11/2016 at 3:08 AM, PreseaLover said:

and my watch strap arrived... very disapointed with it because it doesnt feel like a fossil anymore.. the one i purchased is a genuine leather which fits the model spec but its very light and my hand looks cheap wearing it, its not as grippy as the original strap.. paid 2500/- for it and I cant live with it... so I'm sadly gonna sell my fossil and buy another new one :(  just after I fixed the watch strap from don willie's and put it on my hand, the clock stopped working too, and had to replace the battery as well... 

lol !! You funny bugger! All this drama over a watch? OMG.  Get over it already! You're worse than a girl crying of over her first love ! 

Come on man......it's a $80 Fossil.......not a $25k Patek Philippe............ Fossils and Skagens (both are in the same group of companies) are basically throwaway fashion watches and does not even deserve a battery change.

A Casio Edifice is a much better product than a Fossil.

19 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

told ya im a picky one.. i need even the smallest details to be precise and on point.. otherwise i feel so empty :(

Let me guess: You're an only child and your parents made sure you wanted for nothing? :D

Edited by Kavvz

11 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Im the only child, but no, but wrong with the other statement :D actually i never asked anything from them after I hit 11 or 12

I bet if I asked your mom she's tell me a different story!! :D But I kid, there's no fault in wanting everything to be perfect. Look at the Japs or the Germans with their relentless pursuit of perfection and look what came of it: the Porsche 918 Spyder, Carl Zeiss lenses,The Lexus LFA I could go on, but you get the idea... 

Edited by Kavvz