• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

pasindups

Question

Hi All,

I was searching for a good japan car and found a car in mint condition - Toyota Corolla AE 110 Xe Saloon. YOM 1999 and registered on 2001 with HL-XXXX number silver color. EX Saloon with double din dashboard like the sprinter. So the owner said it is about 2.4M and after bargain he said the deal is for 2.35 Million. The owner said he will do a engine tune up before buying and he said he will give me a a new battery also. Is this a good car to buy for 2.35 Million? (Engine and body condition is superb).

9 answers to this question

On 10/31/2016 at 2:10 PM, pasindups said:

No machan. Those are also good japan sedan cars. but just see the 2nd hand market in SL ? :( 

When the cars are flooded in future, there will be no concepts exist any more such as 'second hand market value'. Those concepts were mainly interpreted by car brokers in history. See the technological advances, oldness, susceptibility to failures, spare parts unavailability (do not think Chinese copy), but not a particular make.

Your price quoted for this car is high, so do not talk specially the 'Second hand market value' . you will be trapped!.

Edited by Rohnd
  • Like 1

Too much for a 17 years old car. I'm not surprised given that the AE 110 is one of the most overpriced cars in SL.

I can remember Toyota Vios was going around 2.5M. If the prices are still the same (I seriously doubt it), go for a Vios.

This price tag is too much for AE110.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pasindups said:

No machan. Those are also good japan sedan cars. but just see the 2nd hand market in SL ? :( 

You can easily find a cs or a bj in that budget,  unfortunately for you judging by your recent posts here  it seems you don't have the skill required to hunt for a car (is that even a thing ?) . 

Right now I found more than  20 cars that fall between 20-23 laks from the models you highlighted from one particular site alone. I think the problem is you, not the car market. Get some help from a friend who is familiar with cars. 

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 3

These days the car price formula goes like this IMO.

For Toyota cars more than 10 years old take the USD value of the car at the time it was first sold here with the exchange rate at that time. Add 15% and convert back to Rs. at current exchange rate. Viola! you have the selling price of the car. AE110 SE was going for around Rs. 1mn in 2000 when LKR rate was 70 to USD. Hmm...asset depreciation - no one seems to care.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, pasindups said:

but for that price, there is no good japan sedan car :( what to do... i recently sold my indian alto and now struggling without a car.

yes, you are absolutely right. Honda civic EK , Mazda familia BJ, Lancer CS are probably not good or not japan or not sedan cars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MV-5 said:

yes, you are absolutely right. Honda civic EK , Mazda familia BJ, Lancer CS are probably not good or not japan or not sedan cars.

Just now, pasindups said:

yes , you got a point. then it is not good to buy a brand new one of those cars. so better to find a second hand one then.