• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Second hand market for Daihatsu Mira or Toyota Pixis

tmnuwan12

Question

Hi Folks,

Let me explain my situation. I have a RAV4 2WD car (with 2400cc) . I am doing majority of my traveling inside Colombo and the RAV4 is giving me just around 8Km/L. I know RAV4 is not about fuel saving. But due to fuel economy I am trying to switch my vehicle to a smaller much fuel efficient alternative. Daihatsu Mira and Toyota Pixis is in my radar currently.

If someone can shed some light in to following that would be great.

1. Good (brand new/second hand) car around Rs 3Mil range with very good fuel economy. Car must be a Japanese car (no Indian cars) and no hybrid please.
  2. Second hand value for Daihatsu Mira and Toyota Pixis or similar make.
  3. Spare parts availability for above both or similar make.
  4. Is Selling a car like RAV4 a good move during current vehicle market situation. Because RAV4 is a good car.

I know I am asking a lot here from you guys. But as a very frequent AutoLanka forum fan I think someone can give me some insight to my issues.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers

3 answers to this question

If your changing from a rav4 to a compact car you would have to travel cramped inside less room

It'll be difficult for you to take more than 3 more passengers and you'll not have the same acceleration in long distance travel.

And the paper thin metal in today's econoboxes are not that safe as the strong bodies of suvs

Calculate the savings from the swap and compare if it's worth it.

Also keep in mind that the car being small or less engine power doesn't directly relate to high economy for example the nissan march. And when small engines need to go fast and goes with few passengers the economy reduces

And don't belive the 20s of kmpl the sales guys tell you.

If you really won't fuel economy I think it's better to change from the petrol rav4 to a kyron or actyon with the budget of around 3milion you can get a diesel one which is more economical than the petrol suv thus not compromisING on the comfort safety and performance 

Edited by Clark's son

On 10/30/2016 at 8:13 PM, tmnuwan12 said:

Hi Folks,

Let me explain my situation. I have a RAV4 2WD car (with 2400cc) . I am doing majority of my traveling inside Colombo and the RAV4 is giving me just around 8Km/L. I know RAV4 is not about fuel saving. But due to fuel economy I am trying to switch my vehicle to a smaller much fuel efficient alternative. Daihatsu Mira and Toyota Pixis is in my radar currently.

If someone can shed some light in to following that would be great.

1. Good (brand new/second hand) car around Rs 3Mil range with very good fuel economy. Car must be a Japanese car (no Indian cars) and no hybrid please.
  2. Second hand value for Daihatsu Mira and Toyota Pixis or similar make.
  3. Spare parts availability for above both or similar make.
  4. Is Selling a car like RAV4 a good move during current vehicle market situation. Because RAV4 is a good car.

I know I am asking a lot here from you guys. But as a very frequent AutoLanka forum fan I think someone can give me some insight to my issues.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers

I don't know the resell market but I'm very much satisfied with Toyota Pixis. Currently I'm using 2015 Pixis and bought last August.

My vehicle has safety features of TRC and collision control as well. My tested fuel economy is 14-15Km/l in the city and 25-26Km/l in highways with two passengers. Pulling power and handling is really good if you are comparing it with 660cc Alto.

On 11/1/2016 at 10:46 PM, Prangi said:

I don't know the resell market but I'm very much satisfied with Toyota Pixis. Currently I'm using 2015 Pixis and bought last August.

My vehicle has safety features of TRC and collision control as well. My tested fuel economy is 14-15Km/l in the city and 25-26Km/l in highways with two passengers. Pulling power and handling is really good if you are comparing it with 660cc Alto.

Do You Recommend me to buy a Daihatsu Mira (Toyota Pixis) As per your User Experiance?? How about Availability of Spare parts and Prices. Thanks..