• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Adhesive for antisquel shims

udayap

I am expecting to use an aftermarket brake pad for my vehicle. I found that the substitute front pad is  not coming with an antisquel shim. However, I could detach the shim from the OEM pad as it was lightly glued to the pad. Though this shim perfectly fits the aftermarket brake pad, I wish to glue it to the brake pad body. Anybody knows a suitable adhesive for that. I've head something called antisquel paste, but I am not sure it would work and if so, place to find out in Kandy.

Many thanks in advance for  expert comments...

Edited by udayap

thanks, won't it start to vibrate. Note this pad is the outside one, the OEM comes only with anti-squeal shim No-1. This is a kind of an integrated shim. Unlike the break piston side (inner brake pad), it is not a clip on type to the brake pad body. I doubt that If I dont glue it to the pad, it would start vibrating.

Edited by udayap