• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

FB 15 Splend 2000

Deepal Priyanga

Question

Hi friends,

I'm new to this forum and need your support on buying this vehicle.

yesterday I went to see this vehicle which is FB 15, Super saloon 2000 YOM  (Splend) white color one that comes with the Teak steering wheel. Car is with his second owner for last 6 years and in good shape. only done 100000 km. Owner is expecting 23.50 lakhs for this vehicle.

There is this problem with its side mirrors. Left one is not responding at all (neither adjustable nor retractable) and right side one is retractable half a way with a lot of sound, but however adjustable.

I want to know whether :

is it worth buying this car for this price ?

if side mirrors are not repairable, is there a place to buy new ones and how much would it costs around?

Please share your views.

Thanks.

Edited by Deepal Priyanga

14 answers to this question

Machan. Side mirrors could be the last thing you should worry about if the rest of the vehicle is in great shape. I don't think it's worth the asking price and you should bargain it down. Side mirrors are usually repairable. Even new ones (used) you can buy both mirrors around 20k.

May I know what this Splend thing has which the normal one doesn't in addition to the teak steering wheel thing ?

Edited by NRX
  • Like 2

You are worried about the cars side mirror but not concerned about the fact that a 16 year old car has only done 100, 000 km ? 

Let me do the math for you 100000/16 years is 6250km per year.  6250/12 months /30 days is 17.36 km per day. Does that sound right to you ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NRX said:

Machan. Side mirrors could be the last thing you should worry about if the rest of the vehicle is in great shape. I don't think it's worth the asking price and you should bargain it down. Side mirrors are usually repairable. Even new ones (used) you can buy both mirrors around 20k.

May I know what this Splend thing has which the normal one doesn't in addition to the teak steering wheel thing ?

Thanks for the reponse machan, Actually I don't know difference other than this Steering wheel thing. I tried to search in, but could not find. The guy won't come below that as FB15 super saloon goes for crazy prices now a days. In addition it is very hard to find a good vehicle, I am trying last 3 month since i sold my Ti carina.

Edited by Deepal Priyanga

40 minutes ago, The Stig said:

You are worried about the cars side mirror but not concerned about the fact that a 16 year old car has only done 100, 000 km ? 

Let me do the math for you 100000/16 years is 6250km per year.  6250/12 months /30 days is 17.36 km per day. Does that sound right to you ? 

It seems a bit odd to me, but this guy has all records of the car even from the 1st owner. This guy mostly running a diesel VAN he is having and car is parked in his garage. When I talked to him i felt he is telling the truth. Interior of the vehicle is very clean.

You believe it or not, there is this FB15 I know from my area has done only 65000km so far. I could say that it is the best FB15 in the country now. The owner is a miser and does not run the vehicle much other than going to buy groceries in his town. :)

I happened to ask his price for the vehicle and he told me he needs 28 lakhs, funny right?

I had a carina 212 previously for 3 years and i did only 25k for all three years. I ran the vehicle on weekends only because I am working out from my home town.

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

Not frequently,     but there are some... for example my wife's car 

Its 2008 B/N one.. still 58,000 on the clock  ......:D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deepal Priyanga said:

It seems a bit odd to me, but this guy has all records of the car even from the 1st owner. This guy mostly running a diesel VAN he is having and car is parked in his garage. When I talked to him i felt he is telling the truth. Interior of the vehicle is very clean.

You believe it or not, there is this FB15 I know from my area has done only 65000km so far. I will  say that it is the best FB15 in the country now. The owner is a miser and does not run the vehicle much other than going to buy groceries in his town. :)

I happened to ask his price for the or the vehicle and he told me he needs 28 lakhs, funny right?

I had a carina 212 previously for 3 years and i did only 25k for all three years. I ran the vehicle on weekends only because I am working out from my home town.

I would be even more cautious if the car is sitting idle. Cars that are not regularly used have their own fair share of issues. Rubber parts including belts, engine mounts,  bushes, seals crack and harden over time. Engine oil,  PS oil, brake oil can loose their qualities if not circulated regularly,  also these can block paths and build sludge. Electronic component can develop fungus and oxidise over time. Things like brake rotary surface can get rust. 

My point is if you get a horse  you have to exercise it regularly , if not it becomes weak and dies. Same with cars. 

Lower mileage does not mean its a better conditions car. And I pity whoever is going to buy that 65k fb 15.

• Like 3

@The Stig, you've got a good point.

my problem here is finding accident free good condition vehicle with my budget is very difficult. I regret selling my carina now. Car brokers and business man in the internet are selling craps for high values. I looked for BJ5P, FB15, 110, recently and could not find a good vehicle for a reasonable price. 

all are overpriced, but  our people are ready to pay high prices and for these old cars. That's why i though ending up with this FB15 for this price.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Deepal Priyanga said:

my problem here is finding accident free good condition vehicle with my budget is very difficult. I regret selling my carina now. Car brokers and business man in the internet are selling craps for high values. I looked for BJ5P, FB15, 110, recently and could not find a good vehicle for a reasonable price. 

all are overpriced, but  our people are ready to pay high prices and for these old cars. That's why i though ending up with this FB15 for this price.

I think the 212 is much better than the 15. You will end up having more or less the same car. Try to increase your budget and go for a bit newer one. Market is such that nowadays it's hard to find a good car that is not in a vehicle sale yard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deepal Priyanga said:

You believe it or not, there is this FB15 I know from my area has done only 65000km so far. I could say that it is the best FB15 in the country now. The owner is a miser and does not run the vehicle much other than going to buy groceries in his town. :)

I happened to ask his price for the vehicle and he told me he needs 28 lakhs, funny right?

Sounds like a downgrade

• Like 3

It's a totally BS price tag. Considering some peoples' mindset in this land like no other I don't think that the seller is willing to negotiate. Better to keep away from this car. It's not worth the price you pay. Better buy some junky FB15 for a lower price and do the necessary repairs. 

On 10/27/2016 at 0:03 PM, Deepal Priyanga said:

Thanks for the reponse machan, Actually I don't know difference other than this Steering wheel thing. I tried to search in, but could not find. The guy won't come below that as FB15 super saloon goes for crazy prices now a days. In addition it is very hard to find a good vehicle, I am trying last 3 month since i sold my Ti carina.

Machan it's useless to fixate on the trim level. Better to choose a car which is mechanically sound. Anyhow don't pay a premium for a back seat head rest and a teak steering wheel cover. 

On 10/27/2016 at 5:19 PM, Deepal Priyanga said:

I was just looking for car for around 15 laks for the past few days just for kicks. I came across Nissan primera P11 and the Nissan pulsar CJ11 model. Check those cars also. Specially the Primera. Heard it is a proper blue blood. Goes around 15-16 laks these days.