• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Budget Friendly 4x4- Single Cab

Shan__86

Hi Guys

Need some suggestions/tips on buying a budget friendly 4x4.

I have searched the vehicle market and only budget friendly jeep seems to be Mahindra Bolero. but mostly its 2wd version and rarely you find a 4x4.

few questions i need help on

1. 4x4 conversion possible for bolero single cab and cost?

2. Upgrading tyre size and suspension?

3. is this conversion and modification really worth it?

4. Even a engine swap?Japanese engine

Would really appreciate some suggestions and thoughts....

Thanks

Pshan

Seriously, you should consider a very old Toyota, Mitsubishi or a Nissan. It will last much much longer than a brand new Bolero. I've known a company in Colpetty (close to the sea), which had a fleet of Boleros with them. It took just 3 years for them to start rusting. Even if you keep a Japanese vehicle right on the beach, it will take much longer to start rusting.

As others have mentioned, your money would be better spent on an older Jap than a Bolero.

If you're looking for a cheap rig that you can take offroad, I've heard that the Suzuki Jimny is surprisingly capable. I have also seen some CJ and TJ Wranglers advertised for not a lot of money. And most of them are running Mitsubishi engines now so you can cross the engine swap off your list and focus on Suspension and Tyres.

Hello Shan_86

I think Mazda BT50 single cab is a better solution and one of my mate hook up with a one for 1.8M 6 months back, been a PB number you don't need special licen to drive.

Bolero - you can't do safari on that mate, Animal scared of the engine noise. lol

Suzuki Jimny is a beast only issue if you get stuck you are really stuck with 1.3 motor.

Good Luck

JC