• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trolley Jack

MAS

Question

6 answers to this question

best imho is to get a japanese "branded" unit from one of those used parts, equipment shops.

prices greatly vary depending on condition.

the generic chinese ones can be bought from 7-10 range and up. shops in panchi area have plenty so you can walk about and see what fits best. don't buy from the first shop you go into if you take this option. I bought a bench drill for 36 after looking around and the same model and brand was 45 in all other shops except for this one shop i bought from.

branded jacks have better seals and machining inside is a lot better so they hold up longer and seals too hold up better. The 3tonne generic chinese jack i have is using plastic piston seal, that tend to warp and leak fluid relatively quickly. and sourcing the seals locally is pretty tough in my experience.

If it is for a DIY purpose I would go for a Chinese one, although Ripper's comments on finding replacement seals are valid. In my experience with hydraulic seals, o-rings etc, you can find almost all the sizes at Sp@rklit, Kandy Road, Kadawatha.

4 hours ago, MAS said:

Tks Guys.

@Dushyantha, do you remember the brand ?  

Sorry i dont remember the brand .its red colour if thats any help . :) but if its chinese the brand doesnt matter that much. all of them have the same kind of quality that you would expect form a chinese jack . my suggestion is . go to panchikawatta and have a look at some shops . any chinese jack would do since its only used for diy work . 
some jacks come with cheap plastic trolley wheels . make sure you dont buy one of those coz they tend to break off after some time .other than that theres no other thing to worry about .