• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DATSON REDI-GO Japanese or not?

Osteoclaster

Question

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Osteoclaster said:

Can someone please tell me something about this car Datsun REDI-GO? Is it a Japanese car or is it something similar to Alto or Kiwid?  would welcome comments from anyone using it currently. 

Name was Japanese few decades ago, It is a Kwid in different cloths.

My advise stay away considering the safety issues, unless of cause you are upgrading from a three wheeler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kush said:

Name was Japanese few decades ago, It is a Kwid in different cloths.

My advise stay away considering the safety issues, unless of cause you are upgrading from a three wheeler

Thanks kush. As it just happenes I AM upgrading from a three wheeler.  LOL. But if it's like Kiwid I'll just stay far away. 

• Like 1

It's manufactured by Datsun India and uses same engine of the Kwid. About 98% of parts are manufactured within India and has no relation to Japan what so ever apart from it's name. Maybe design phase had some inputs from them.

Edited by hrm
  • Like 1

There was this POS called Datsun Go that came out in 2014. NCAP Chairman personally wrote to Carlos Ghosn to withdraw this mobile coffin from India. Apparently it was the first time in history, the NCAP chairman has written to a car company's CEO. It performed worse than Tata Nano (another 0-star car) at NCAP tests.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2014/nov/06/nissan-called-on-withdraw-dangerous-car-model-indian-market-datsun-go-nissan

Now the same POS is back as Datsun Redi-go. When that also gets a big fat 0 at NCAP, next model will be getset-redi-go. Final installment will be onyourmark-getset-redi-go. By that time, all the go owners would be dead anyway. Kwid will make you live a few days longer.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2