• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A mild performance increase for 1NZ-FE

alpha17

Hello guys,

I plan to keep my corolla 121 for a couple more years as I had to buy a new house.After driving couple of cars during last few days I realized that the 1nz-fe got a decent amount of power as an economy engine.Today my friend did a drag with a SR20DE swapped Primera and the Primera can't hold up with the Axio???.The both Axio and 121 have the same engine so i think the power is ok for daily driving,but i want to boost the power up a little bit.I have no idea of turbo/supercharging as it will be costly and i may need to swap a manual tranny also for the real benifit of forced induction.Also I don't want to add those fart cannons ??? which would definietly make me look like a ricer.

What are the methods which I could increase 10-20hp without breaking the bank???

Where are the places i need to go for the upgrades???

I plan to add a chip box.Would it affect realiability??

I hope the experts will share there opinions.

Thank You

51 minutes ago, DhoRK said:

Today my friend did a drag with a SR20DE swapped Primera and the Primera can't hold up with the Axio??

Ane please

Did the axio get rearended by a rocket or else was the premera driven by an infant.

I haven't driven a premera GT (sr20de) but I've driven a xtrail GT (sr20det) and my God it's fast

And while you're begging for 10-20 horses the sr20det has 280 of them and if I recall the sr20de has 220 and TWO 1nz-fes have 218 which means it has only 109.

It's fuel gauge is also as active as the speedometer the full to empty time is also pretty quick. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clark's son said:

Ane please

Did the axio get rearended by a rocket or else was the premera driven by an infant.

I haven't driven a premera GT (sr20de) but I've driven a xtrail GT (sr20det) and my God it's fast

And while you're begging for 10-20 horses the sr20det has 280 of them and if I recall the sr20de has 220 and TWO 1nz-fes have 218 which means it has only 109.

It's fuel gauge is also as active as the speedometer the full to empty time is also pretty quick. 

SR20DE got only 140hp.SR20VE got 190hp.Primera GT got SR20VE and X-trail GT got SR20VET

Edited by DhoRK
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DhoRK said:

SR20DE got only 140hp.SR20VE got 190hp.Primera GT got SR20VE and X-trail GT got SR20VET

Regardless of all that, if the Primera couldn't keep up with an Axio then there was something VERY wrong with the car and or it's driver.

4 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Regardless of all that, if the Primera couldn't keep up with an Axio then there was something VERY wrong with the car and or it's driver.

I was in the primera as a passenger.Both the drivers are well talented.Anyway lets get back to the topic abt the performance increase

8 hours ago, MV-5 said:

i think it is an AXIO GT

Well...there is no actual "grade" called GT for the Axio. What happens is that TRD offers a GT kit which has several phases; starting from the body/interior, to the suspension, to the brakes, to the engine. The first packages can be put on any Axio grade.However, the engine package/phase is only available for the manual version of the Axio (which were X grade and G - business grade). So when the full TRD GT treatment is gotten, where Toyota and ID plates are concerned it shows as a manual X or G grade Axio with an additional ID plate/sticker put on by TRD and some paperwork.

There are quite a few Axios with the TRD GT body "package"; some with the full kit some with just parts of it; and a lesser number with the suspension package, in Sri Lanka. Never have seen a GT package with the brakes or the turbo charger fitted. 

So..I seriously doubt the Axio that raced the the Primera is an actual fully fledged GT. If the Primera couln't keep up with it..there probably is something seriously wrong with it.