• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Budget Car between 1 mil to 1.4

NareshDev

Question

12 answers to this question

Nissan March - very reliable but thirsty on fuel. For a max budget of 1.4 mill, you will find a K11, which might be uncomfortable on long trips

Hyundai Accent - Difficulty is to find one which is well maintained. If you can find a properly maintained car, its probably the best of the list

Hyundai Matrix - Spacious car but again, the difficulty is finding a well maintained, reliable specimen. Most of these are hacked to death

Maruti Wagon R - Most economical car of the list but for 1.4 mill, you will find an older one which is most likely having corrosions on the body. Maruti Wagon Rs are notorious for corrosion

A better choice would be Proton Wira, as carboy2011 mentioned.

Thanks @Supra_Natural Yes sure I can go for Old registration cars. But probably looking for the cars registered after 2004/5. And My purpose of use is mainly for day to day office and once in a month long trip to home town about 300 Km from Colombo... Your list of suggestions are welcome and I'm confused with most of the reviews for korean cars (Accent, Matrix and Kia).

Edited by NareshDev
Add person tag

The hyundai accent elentra and kia Rio are in your budget. They are basic cars and kind of reliable for that budget. And has enough space

If you don't mind the fuel economy the sonata is also around that mark.

If you can spare some time for maintaining it check out Peugeots like 206 307 and 406 there are experts on those in AL they will give you more advice on those.

@OP, where do you travel 300kms in a single trip to go home? is it Jaffna,Trinco or Kataragama side? 

If your ok to go a little older to 2001/02 you an buy a decent proton wira for about 1 million and have Mitsubishi reliability for the running gear ,only the interior plastics and tail lights tend to crack though

11 hours ago, NareshDev said:

@carboy2011 actually it is Ampara. Can some give me a suggestion on below cars?

Nissan march

Hyundai Accent

Hyundai Matrix

Maruti suzuki Wagon R (not the Hybrid model)

Other models also welcome if it is within my price range. thanks in advance

Considering the length of your trip and the fact that you mention that you would prefer a car with more space, looking at a bigger saloon car also might make sense. Of course the downside with those is fuel consumption, so how important is that to you?

On 10/12/2016 at 1:19 AM, NareshDev said:

@carboy2011 actually it is Ampara. Can some give me a suggestion on below cars?

Nissan march

Hyundai Accent

Hyundai Matrix

Maruti suzuki Wagon R (not the Hybrid model)

Other models also welcome if it is within my price range. thanks in advance

I only know a bit about the Hyundai Accent and the Nissan March

Hyundai is a good car but early accents has issues and parts durability is not as good as a jap car 

Nissan March is a very good car if you get it from 2002 onwards but then again the price is a factor as 2002 + cars are bit on the north of your budget ,i knew many ppl who had the march and no complaints so far (they all did long trips and good economy too)

IMO you can look into old japanese cars (may be like 300 - era or 19 - ). I would like to look at below 2 models.

- Corolla AE 100

- Mazda Familia Butterfly model

I think within 1.4 mil range you may be able to find good one. Both above models are reliable, rock solid and proven in sri lanka for years. Still I'm seeing them on roads with good conditions.