• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

HONDA VEZEL RS 2016 SENSING

mshanka

Question

Hi All,

I'm presently going to buy a honda vezel RS 2016 but I am worried as I heard lot of bad comments on vezel. So i have some questions and hope I can get answers from experts

1)Are there any issues also on vezel 2016 models? (as i know recalls and issues are on 2014-2015 models )

2)Do I need to test my vezel on Sta*ford before buying even its zero mileage ?

3)Do I have another better options for this prize range? (I can think only toyota axio hybrid wxb)

Anyone can shed some light on this please...

Thanks in advance

13 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Honda's new i-MMD hybrid system has ditched the DCT.. So, all new hybrid models (including JDM) like the new generation FIT, Insight, CRV all have that new system

If it's the same as whatever is in the new CR-V, extremely subjective opinion here but No Bueno.

Not in the least bit gratifying or involving as far as a gearbox goes

Most buying it as an appliance won't care I guess lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

If it's the same as whatever is in the new CR-V, extremely subjective opinion here but No Bueno.

Not in the least bit gratifying or involving as far as a gearbox goes

Most buying it as an appliance won't care I guess lol

can't really tell anything since I've not been in one of these new hybrids yet :D they call it the "SPORT HYBRID i-MMD" though and promises 3L like acceleration ;) 

Btw, just curious to know has the new CRV hybrid made its way here to Sri Lanka? I have never seen one here yet though, there were a few new Insights roaming around.. but, you never know as I haven't been out in a couple of months now lol

9 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

can't really tell anything since I've not been in one of these new hybrids yet :D they call it the "SPORT HYBRID i-MMD" though and promises 3L like acceleration ;) 

Btw, just curious to know has the new CRV hybrid made its way here to Sri Lanka? I have never seen one here yet though, there were a few new Insights roaming around.. but, you never know as I haven't been out in a couple of months now lol

Due to current tax system it's hard to say CRV hybrids will reach our shores in near future since it has a 2L engine and tax alone is close to 8 million . People will go for the gasoline variant more since the tax is 5.6 million for 1.5L engine .

On 5/19/2020 at 1:04 PM, sathyajithj99 said:

JDM Honda CRV hybrid has CVT I think .

Sorry I should have been clearer...I meant Hybrids that were there in the same era as the Vezel's entry. 

Yes..the CRV and the new Fit have what Honda calls an Electronic Stepless Transmission (in Japanese atleast)...which is just a fancy term for Electronic CVT...

The gasoline variants have a standard CVT.

But yes...the new Honda CVTs are quite uninspiring and rather annoying actually. 

On 5/20/2020 at 7:58 PM, iRage said:

Sorry I should have been clearer...I meant Hybrids that were there in the same era as the Vezel's entry. 

Yes..the CRV and the new Fit have what Honda calls an Electronic Stepless Transmission (in Japanese atleast)...which is just a fancy term for Electronic CVT...

The gasoline variants have a standard CVT.

But yes...the new Honda CVTs are quite uninspiring and rather annoying actually. 

Shame given that the 1.5 Turbo might be able to offer something?