• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

HONDA VEZEL RS 2016 SENSING

mshanka

Question

Hi All,

I'm presently going to buy a honda vezel RS 2016 but I am worried as I heard lot of bad comments on vezel. So i have some questions and hope I can get answers from experts

1)Are there any issues also on vezel 2016 models? (as i know recalls and issues are on 2014-2015 models )

2)Do I need to test my vezel on Sta*ford before buying even its zero mileage ?

3)Do I have another better options for this prize range? (I can think only toyota axio hybrid wxb)

Anyone can shed some light on this please...

Thanks in advance

1.there was a recall on april.but it was only for 2013-2016 february models.so if u go for a zero milage,you'll be okay.anyway the hybrid system in vezel is very complex than the one in toyota,so more chances of getting trouble.ride is not refined and bumpy.

2.if its a zero you dont have to worry abt it

3.axio hybrid-considerably underpowered and stiff ride.but not stiff like the vezel.

prius-should be the best bet when it comes to reliability.handling is better than axios allions and premios.a bit powerful.comfortwise its okay.but you have to sacrifice ground clearance.and the dashboard is  very cheep looking

axela hybrid- best one in looks,performanecw and handling.has the toyota hybrid system,so it should be reliable.

The Axio WxB has a 1.8 engine out of the outgoing Prius, so it will have better performance than the regular Axio Hybrid. The issues I've heard from Vezel owners have been transmission related. There's one 2013 model which overheats the transmission quite often.

I can shed some light as I've been using a 2017 Vezel RS for the last 5 months. It was bought brand new and has done 6000 km up to now.

First of all, the car feels solid, well built and is packed with good features. My one has the Sensing package where you get adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist etc. Pulling power is a little bit low in the Eco mode. However, you can use the sports mode along with paddle shifters for better performance. It really does make a difference and is fast enough to have a bit of fun (by sacrificing the fuel efficiency figures.). The car also feel planted around 140 - 160 kmph (tested on the expressway).

Suspension is on the stiff side and feels sporty. You can feel the bumps and uneven surfaces on the road. By using the exact manufacturer recommended tire pressures (33 psi and 29 psi), this stiffness effect can be reduced to a certain extent.

The vehicle is comfortable enough for long distance cruising but not in heavy traffic conditions. You can feel the clutch engaging during the launch which becomes somewhat of a mild headache.This is due to its Dual Clutch Transmission setup. It was quite weird as I used to drive a CVT equipped car (a Belta) earlier. I guess this setup is more stable when compared to the 2014 models as one of my relatives uses a 2015 vezel with 60K on the clock. The only issue he got was with the remote key battery. 

Fuel efficiency gets dropped to 12.5 - 13 kmpl in heavy traffic while you could achieve 14 - 15 kmpl easily in low traffic conditions. I averaged 19 - 20 kmpl in the southern highway using cruise control at 90 kmph. However if you could really drive it efficiently and patiently, achieving 22 kmpl is possible.

All in all, its a good vehicle with loads of goodies. It is not the most efficient car nor the most powerful hybrid. But it gets the job done with good adaptive technology and ground clearance. However make sure that you take care of the transmission and it will take care of you.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 4:09 PM, SNJ said:

Thanks petro...your feed back is most valued. Just a quick question...if you are to re do the whole thing again, would you still go for a honda vezel or different make

I would buy a slightly used Mazda 3 for the same amount of money. However, I would still buy a Vezel RS if I absolutely want an unregistered car with 0 millage. :-)

On 9/19/2017 at 0:44 PM, SNJ said:

Hi mshanka

Did you end up buying the HONDA VEZEL RS 2016 SENSING, if so,  can you please share your experience with the vehicle. I am also interested in buying a similar vehicle and wants to know more about it. Many thanks.

Hi SNJ,

Thanks to petrolHead1 there is nothing left for me to add. Yes I bought the vehicle and now it has done around 10K. I also had second thoughts of buying it because staford people also warn me about that transmission issue, but it just a myth due to vezel 2014 issues. So far so good. 

What I like:
1. Fuel economy is decent at 10km/L to 30km/L
2. SUV like experience ,good ground clearance
3. Honda sensing pack
4. Stylish ,Spacious interior
5. Sporty look and performance

Only thing that I do not like is there was no spare wheel its got only puncture repair kit and jack.

Following also may help to you:

@Honda sensing pack: https://automobiles.honda.com/sensing

@How to read auction sheet:http://www.paperpks.com/how-to-verify-auction-sheet-online-japanese-car-vehicles-mileage-accident-history/

@You can verify your auction sheet here:http://auctions.aleado.ru/stats/?p=project/lot&id=SnLVSiwa1gX1cLjS5mTVyA&s

I too was looking at buying a Vezel mainly due to ground clearance issues. I am currently driving a Prius and that's my one and only worry with the vehicle.

However, I was taken a step back as I heard the popular clutch issue is not sorted with the RS model. Although people used to call RS does not have the issue, Remote Sensing and Clutch has nothing in common. After talking to an engineer what I got to know was that Honda does not have a solution for this issue and this issue is not common in JDM with the low environment temperatures + driving conditions in Japan.

With an estimated cost of 500,00 for replacement unit (Agent), I am wondering why people still go for Vezel with that risk

2 hours ago, Gira said:

Well, going to buy my first vehicle and the choices i had in my mind was either to go for a
1.Honda Vezel 2014
2.Mitsubishi Lancer 2008+
3.Toyota Aqua 2014
4.Toyota Allion 2008
5.Toyota Vitz 2017+

For a person who's looking for a spacious family car for a good price, what will you guys recommend to go with from the vehicle models i've mentioned above? Considering all the comments here, I believe that you guys won't recommend buying an used Vezel 2014 from here in sri lanka?

Thank you!

The Aqua and Vitz (and Fit) are mid-sized hatchbacks and are not spacious. THe vehicles that are marginally spacious are the Vezel and the Allion. As Crosswinds mentioned, the Vezel is only a little bit larger than the Fit in usable space.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gira said:

Well, going to buy my first vehicle and the choices i had in my mind was either to go for a
1.Honda Vezel 2014 : Has too much to worry about - IMHO...but then again you might get a minter for cheap due to the paranoia everyone has
2.Mitsubishi Lancer 2008+ :  EX I assume - nice car despite being 10 years old  if you wan't a family Sedan this is what you should go for 
3.Toyota Aqua 2014 : Same as the Vezel hybrid battery packs failing en-masse and it's not spacious. 
4.Toyota Allion 2008 : Allions are the car abusers favorite victim. High risk of buying an accident repaired/messed up car. 
5.Toyota Vitz 2017+ : Spacious? no. A-B city car with very poor pickup. 

For a person who's looking for a spacious family car for a good price, what will you guys recommend to go with from the vehicle models i've mentioned above? Considering all the comments here, I believe that you guys won't recommend buying an used Vezel 2014 from here in sri lanka?

Thank you!

see my replies in BOLD. Of the list you provided I'd go for a Lancer EX you might be able to find a good specimen for budget. If you want space and you seemed ok with hybrids (vezel/Aqua) why not a Honda Fit Shuttle (GP2) - no DCT issues and no Oil burn issues as in the GP1. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2016 at 7:59 AM, DhoRK said:

1.there was a recall on april.but it was only for 2013-2016 february models.so if u go for a zero milage,you'll be okay.anyway the hybrid system in vezel is very complex than the one in toyota,so more chances of getting trouble.ride is not refined and bumpy.

2.if its a zero you dont have to worry abt it

3.axio hybrid-considerably underpowered and stiff ride.but not stiff like the vezel.

prius-should be the best bet when it comes to reliability.handling is better than axios allions and premios.a bit powerful.comfortwise its okay.but you have to sacrifice ground clearance.and the dashboard is  very cheep looking

axela hybrid- best one in looks,performanecw and handling.has the toyota hybrid system,so it should be reliable.

@DhoRK

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.

Prius and mazda axela 2016 are little bit out of my budget and fuel economy is important too :)

Any comment regarding reliability of hybrid system from 2016 vezel owners please...?

1.Honda Vezel 2014
2.Mitsubishi Lancer 2008+
3.Toyota Aqua 2014
4.Toyota Allion 2008
5.Toyota Vitz 2017+

Thank you!

@matroska Thank you on the expert advices on the list of the choices I mentioned above. Yes it's the Ex version I looked for in the lancer models. The best answer given so far and thanks again on that! Appreciate it! I'll look into the Shuttle GP2 as well.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Asif Ebney Sarwa said:

Hi,

Looking advice from experts, what's the difference between Honda Vezel RS Sensing and Z Sensing. 

Was tempted to troll, but then I saw this user's from Bangladesh! Wow. I guess I'll have to be polite now then....I kid! Its great to have peeps from Bangladesh here: Welcome!

Okay going back to your questions:

Sensing option= Honda Sensing safety and collision avoidance system

RS = A higher grade trim that is sportier to drive than the Z with performance dampers, variable steering ratio and Honda’s allegedly sportier G-Shift CVT system, suede leather seats, different front grill,18 inch wheels, amongst other things...

Z = Extra options in the Z grade: Heated front seats, auto dimming rear view mirror and side mirrors, Dual zone climate control, Half leather seats.

Read through this thread for a good idea of what the different grades offer. It even has a post from me in 2015, explaining why I think heated seats are so awesome - It must have been soon after I bought my first car with front heated seats in it!  :D 

Edited by Kavvz

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

JDM Honda CRV hybrid has CVT I think .

Honda's new i-MMD hybrid system has ditched the DCT.. So, all new hybrid models (including JDM) like the new generation FIT, Insight, CRV all have that new system