Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

effdog

Toyota Corolla 141 ABS modulator

Recommended Posts

Need to replace the ABS modulator of 2008 toyota corolla 141. But its nowhere to be found. Ive been searching for months now. They have it at Toyota Lanka at a price of 263000lkr.|(Not an option :D) ..if u know any place or anyone who can get me this part..please let me know..big help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find the part number you may be able to find one in ebay, axio 141 may be compatible, if so you may be able to find a used one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tried the axio ones, didnt work. Yeah they have two on ebay but those sellers did not agree to ship to Sri Lanka :( fml 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, effdog said:

tried the axio ones, didnt work. Yeah they have two on ebay but those sellers did not agree to ship to Sri Lanka :( fml 

If from USA try K**R**A.COM they will get it down for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/09/2016 at 1:19 AM, effdog said:

Need to replace the ABS modulator of 2008 toyota corolla 141. But its nowhere to be found. Ive been searching for months now. They have it at Toyota Lanka at a price of 263000lkr.|(Not an option :D) ..if u know any place or anyone who can get me this part..please let me know..big help 

Out of curiosity, how was it determined that the ABS module was faulty? Local mechanics love to replace stuff like this when the actual problem is elsewhere like wheel speed sensors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Davy said:

It shows as "open ABS circuit relay" on the scan. I've tested and scanned with over 5 technicians/mecahnics. I did not check with Toyota Lanka, although I think I should do it. I literally searched every where for this. So fed up come to a point I would sell this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, effdog said:
1 hour ago, Davy said:

It shows as "open ABS circuit relay" on the scan. I've tested and scanned with over 5 technicians/mecahnics. I did not check with Toyota Lanka, although I think I should do it. I literally searched every where for this. So fed up come to a point I would sell this. 

How do you plan on selling it with an ABS warning light, if I may ask :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, effdog said:

It shows as "open ABS circuit relay" on the scan. I've tested and scanned with over 5 technicians/mecahnics. I did not check with Toyota Lanka, although I think I should do it. I literally searched every where for this. So fed up come to a point I would sell this. 

@effdog, your quote seems to be messed up, so quoting an old post to respond.

Did any of the 5 mechanics test the ABS relay first? The ABS relay is located in the fuse box under the bonnet. To me it looks like replacing the ABS module without checking anything else isn't a good idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRY PARTSFAN.COM OR MEGAZIP.NET YOU CAN SEARCH PARTS BY CHASSIS NO OFTHE  VEHICLE

Edited by asanka_rg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, asanka_rg said:

TRY PARTSFAN.COM OR MEGAZIP.NET YOU CAN SEARCH PARTS BY CHASSIS NO OFTHE  VEHICLE

@asanka_rg Please stop typing all capitals in thread titles or posts. Next time the whole post will be deleted without any notice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MADZ said:

@asanka_rg Please stop typing all capitals in thread titles or posts. Next time the whole post will be deleted without any notice.

Thanks for the comment. Won't happen again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Davy said:

@effdog, your quote seems to be messed up, so quoting an old post to respond.

Did any of the 5 mechanics test the ABS relay first? The ABS relay is located in the fuse box under the bonnet. To me it looks like replacing the ABS module without checking anything else isn't a good idea.

here is the exact error. what can u tell me about this? thanks in advance 

IMG-20160912-WA0001.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, effdog said:

here is the exact error. what can u tell me about this? thanks in advance 

There are two errors in there. The first one C0273 is the one related to your ABS system. The error is a continuity issue, so you shouldn't blindly replace the ABS module and expect the issue to go away without checking the simple things first.

- The first thing you should check is the ABS relay in the engine bay fuse box.

- Check all wheel speed sensors and continuity from wheel speed sensors to ABS actuator. If you're unable to identify the issue, I suggest taking the car to Toyota Lanka so that they can do a much thorough diagnosis.

 

The second error is also a continuity issue in the CAN BUS. This may or may not be related to the ABS error, but your wire harnesses definitely have a lose connection. Time to do a thorough clean-up of all the connectors. Do you observe any lack of power or high fuel consumption?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could actually be a loose connection, I had a similar experience with lights not working, company fixed a new light switch stalk when it did not work only they checked the connections. Since I was present they could not charge for the replacement.

Contact cleaner might do the job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Davy said:

There are two errors in there. The first one C0273 is the one related to your ABS system. The error is a continuity issue, so you shouldn't blindly replace the ABS module and expect the issue to go away without checking the simple things first.

- The first thing you should check is the ABS relay in the engine bay fuse box.

- Check all wheel speed sensors and continuity from wheel speed sensors to ABS actuator. If you're unable to identify the issue, I suggest taking the car to Toyota Lanka so that they can do a much thorough diagnosis.

 

The second error is also a continuity issue in the CAN BUS. This may or may not be related to the ABS error, but your wire harnesses definitely have a lose connection. Time to do a thorough clean-up of all the connectors. Do you observe any lack of power or high fuel consumption?

Thank you very much :) ill let u know what happened 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kush said:

This could actually be a loose connection, I had a similar experience with lights not working, company fixed a new light switch stalk when it did not work only they checked the connections. Since I was present they could not charge for the replacement.

Contact cleaner might do the job

thank you for the advice :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×