• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need your help to buy a car

gwrjayalath

2 hours ago, dammika.me said:

Hi all I found a Corolla G Touring(Auto) Diesel Car 1997/2000 with 139000 mileage. and this is a first owner car. Don't know whether millage is correct or not. :) I have a doubt with it since it is a 2000 registered car. Experts, I need your advises. Price is around 1.55 to 1.6 Mil. Is this worth to buy?  
[members forgive me. I didn't start a new thread since there are lot of about toyota wagons :)]

Well...the few Corolla diesel vans I have seen have been within that price bracket...seen only a few G Touring Wagons come up and those have been towards the upper end of your price bracket. The thing is there are LOT of Corolla vans (commercial variant...DX and GL grades) that have been converted in to the wagon variant (G Touring L Touring etc...). So make sure what you are looking at is an actual wagon variant.  Whilst most of these conversions the body and interior has been pretty well done up, the rear suspension simply is not worth to convert so is left as it is.

Before the final purchase please go get it checked at one of those car checking places...either at the agents or a reputed 3rd party.

FYI :If your G touring is an original factory G Touring it should have CE100G as its model code, where the last G indicates a Wagon variant (since you are looking at an AT 2WD the full model code should be CE100G-AWPGS...don't hold me to this as I did a very quick and rough lookup). Van variants are CE10xV (where X is some number depending on the type) and the V indicates a van variant. Also, the L grades (including L Extra, etc..but NOT the L Touring !) were also designated as wagons although they had the van's suspension with some interior parts of the Wagon variants...so..yeah..just look in to it...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iRage said:

Well...the few Corolla diesel vans I have seen have been within that price bracket...seen only a few G Touring Wagons come up and those have been towards the upper end of your price bracket. The thing is there are LOT of Corolla vans (commercial variant...DX and GL grades) that have been converted in to the wagon variant (G Touring L Touring etc...). So make sure what you are looking at is an actual wagon variant.  Whilst most of these conversions the body and interior has been pretty well done up, the rear suspension simply is not worth to convert so is left as it is.

Before the final purchase please go get it checked at one of those car checking places...either at the agents or a reputed 3rd party.

FYI :If your G touring is an original factory G Touring it should have CE100G as its model code, where the last G indicates a Wagon variant (since you are looking at an AT 2WD the full model code should be CE100G-AWPGS...don't hold me to this as I did a very quick and rough lookup). Van variants are CE10xV (where X is some number depending on the type) and the V indicates a van variant. Also, the L grades (including L Extra, etc..but NOT the L Touring !) were also designated as wagons although they had the van's suspension with some interior parts of the Wagon variants...so..yeah..just look in to it...

Thanks iRage. Today evening I went to inspect the car. I learned lot about the model from autolanka forum and went there like a pro :) Actually it was not a original G-Touring Errrr. waste of time. I guess L extra car has converted. No coil spring suspension at rear. I'm sure engine done over 300k. Interior also very poor. Broken AC vents, Rear wheels arch covers broken, dashboard damaged bla bla bla lot of :(. Thanks again for the kind advices iRage

I saw this Nissan wingroad (1997-1999) car. Don't know much about this model. Same age like corolla wagon. If any body own this model please share your experience. I think it has bot diesel and patrol variants. 
http://######.lk/en/ad/nissan-wingroad-1999-for-sale-gampaha-54

http://######.lk/en/ad/nissan-wingroad-1997-for-sale-gampaha-37

Edited by dammika.me