• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
hasitha senadheera

Manual to Auto Conversion Good or Bad??

Question

hi this is my 1st post here and its been a question i have had doubts on for a few weeks now and i need some professional help.

I thought of buying a 97 or 99 Toyota  Starlet EP91 and i needed and automatic one. A good condition starlets are slightly expensive and i was suggested by one or two ppl that i can buy a manual and do an Auto Conversion with a auto box n wire harnesses n etc. As i have no experties on this at all please advise me if i should do it or leave it????

Thank you in Advance

Hasitha 

5 answers to this question

hi this is my 1st post here and its been a question i have had doubts on for a few weeks now and i need some professional help.

I thought of buying a 97 or 99 Toyota  Starlet EP91 and i needed and automatic one. A good condition starlets are slightly expensive and i was suggested by one or two ppl that i can buy a manual and do an Auto Conversion with a auto box n wire harnesses n etc. As i have no experties on this at all please advise me if i should do it or leave it????

Thank you in Advance

Hasitha 

Why would you need an automatic in the first place ? Any specific reason ?

If you need a modern auto, get one made as an auto from the manufacturer,..

Cheers.+

Buy an auto, no hassel. Price maybe a bit high but you will end up paying for labour and parts for a manual which will equate to the same amount.

Someone i know did a Auto converstion for a FB15. it cost him around 100k for the job. Theres a lot to change, The pedels, meter board and in some cases the ECU as well. its not just the gearbox.

Like everyone mentioned. your better off buying a Auto car, you will end up spending the same doing a conversion.