• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3 2007 rear wheel bearings

G-Rider

Hi Guys,

My car is Mazda 3 (2007) and the time has come to replace its rear wheel bearings. I've done a search in the forum and couldn't find exact answer, so posting below.

I checked the prices from a place at Pepiliyana (Ma*na Motors), They quoted me around 18,000/= for Malaysian made model and 28,000/= for genuine model. (Pls note that these prices are for a single bearing).

I am very new to Mazda and I'm little surprised for these values since I didn't expect for this much of price. So, could you please help me on below.

- Are these prices normal? Is there anyone who bought a wheel bearing for Mazda 3 recently. If so, how was the price and from where?

- Is there any known place in Panchikawaththa for Mazda parts (similar to Te*k Motors for Honda)

(I noticed Asiri, Rainbow and Gamlath motors in a old threads)

Thanks

Edited by G-Rider

4 hours ago, G-Rider said:

Hi Guys,

My car is Mazda 3 (2007) and the time has come to replace its rear wheel bearings. I've done a search in the forum and couldn't find exact answer, so posting below.

I checked the prices from a place at Pepiliyana (Ma*na Motors), They quoted me around 18,000/= for Malaysian made model and 28,000/= for genuine model. (Pls note that these prices are for a single bearing).

I am very new to Mazda and I'm little surprised for these values since I didn't expect for this much of price. So, could you please help me on below.

- Are these prices normal? Is there anyone who bought a wheel bearing for Mazda 3 recently. If so, how was the price and from where?

- Is there any known place in Panchikawaththa for Mazda parts (similar to Te*k Motors for Honda)

(I noticed Asiri, Rainbow and Gamlath motors in a old threads)

Thanks

For Mazda 3 2007, it comes with the Hub/Bearing complete Assembly. So the prices are such that. No separate bearings available for this model.

Why do you replace these?. What is the reason?. I ask this question since you have stated that the time has come to change!!.

15 hours ago, G-Rider said:

Thanks Rohnd for reply.

Actually the car has HUM/grinding noise while driving. So I had it checked by a Mechanic and He stated that rear bearings have gone bad. 

The Grinding & Humming could be from two different sources other than bearings.

For example Grinding may be associated with the brake pads/shoes mechanisms while humming could be initiated with worn  tyres etc.

Before proceed please make sure, try a tire rotation(hum), cleaning of brake mechanism/Cylinder/Rotor etc.(grind) and any side to side play of the wheel on lift (bearing).

Is this Hum/grind a speed dependent ?.

Thanks stig and Rohnd for the details.

Checked the bearings closely after removing the Tyre and brake drum, they seem to be faulty. Rotating them by hand, felt grinding and uneven motion.

Got a recon bearing for 12,000/= and replaced at pepiliyana place. Now the noise has completely gone.

Edited by G-Rider
  • Like 2