• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

shanakamm

Question

Hi All

I have 2002 toyota premio 240 1.8L 1ZZ-FE and getting below trobule code

P0120-Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" Circuit 

The check engine light illuminates for about 2 mins and turn off when start driving. also can observe high RPM rate when idling (~1800) and sometings it fluctuates

Do i need to  change the TPS sensor and other sensors (o2, MAF) and any idea of the price?

Thank you

3 answers to this question

The error code is self-explanatory. So you don't have to worry about other sensors for now. Just focus on the TPS alone - at least until after you have it checked.

First of all, take your car to a good garage with a proper diagnostic tool, plug it in, start the car, step on the gas and observe the TPS reading on the scanner. There maybe a couple of "dead spots" that may lead to the check engine light. I believe the voltage range should be 4.5 to 5.5.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

As Davy has pointed out above better to get the part confirmed for the fault first because the sensor is nothing but a variable resistor and can be tested easily. Two years back when I had a similar issue with a Vitz,  the agent did not have the TPS ex-stock and wanted over one month to get it down. Instead ordered from amayama.com and received the original part in 10 days for USD 30. 

• Like 1