• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Lancer Recall due to faulty airbag

HashanJay

Hi, 

It's being a while since my last post. But this isn't about an issue with my car ^_^. Two days back, I received a call from Unit#d Mot#rs (Mitsu Agent) on an air bag inflator unit upgrade which is FREE ! I contacted @trinity (the lancer geek) but he was unaware of this. When I Googled it then it was there/ It's a recall as per Mitsu site. 

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/recall

I think the biggest problem agents have is that they don't have a database of Lancer owners. Since a very few take vehicles there for service etc. If someone owns a Lancer 2005 - 2007 better to talk to the agent and get it fixed. I'm going there tomorrow, so I will keep you posted... 

Cheers,

Edited by HashanJay

20 hours ago, Davy said:

Thanks for sharing @HashanJay. Tagging a few more CS owners that I can think of.

@s.madura, @vidura, @Dushyantha, @Chathurike, @carson, @Jor-el, @amilaart, @Ashein

Thanks @Davy and @HashanJay for sharing the info . went there to replace my timing belt and got the airbag inflator also replaced while at it . They had to remove the whole dashboard , but didnt take much time . :) 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dushyantha said:

Thanks @Davy and @HashanJay for sharing the info . went there to replace my timing belt and got the airbag inflator also replaced while at it . They had to remove the whole dashboard , but didnt take much time . :) 

Oh. I thought it was an issue with just the airbag in the steering. Was it both driver and  passenger airbags or the G sensor towards the middle of the dashboard?

2 hours ago, Davy said:

Oh. I thought it was an issue with just the airbag in the steering. Was it both driver and  passenger airbags or the G sensor towards the middle of the dashboard?

nop only the passenger side airbag inflator was replaced . :) 

looked something simmilar to this

airbag.JPG

2 hours ago, Dushyantha said:

nop only the passenger side airbag inflator was replaced . :) 

looked something simmilar to this

airbag.JPG

Right. I was  under the impression that the problem was with the Driver's airbag. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. :)

Sorry guys, it has been a busy week. Good to hear that some got it fixed... Safety is pretty important :) 

@Dushyantha: Yeah, they've replaced the passenger airbag inflator unit (the guy who took over the job told me that). I kept the car there and collected at the end of the day. 

There was a metallic noise coming from the engine bay when the AC was on, I mentioned that to them in the morning when I hand over the car. They were good enough to check that. According to them, it's a pulley (AC compressor) which is at end of its lifetime. The replacement from agent costs 36000 for pulley itself. He told me that it could be fixed from good AC repair workshop.. 

7 hours ago, HashanJay said:

Sorry guys, it has been a busy week. Good to hear that some got it fixed... Safety is pretty important :) 

@Dushyantha: Yeah, they've replaced the passenger airbag inflator unit (the guy who took over the job told me that). I kept the car there and collected at the end of the day. 

There was a metallic noise coming from the engine bay when the AC was on, I mentioned that to them in the morning when I hand over the car. They were good enough to check that. According to them, it's a pulley (AC compressor) which is at end of its lifetime. The replacement from agent costs 36000 for pulley itself. He told me that it could be fixed from good AC repair workshop.. 

When I had mine, the pulley was so loud and too far gone to repair. Actually I got it repaired once bit it resurfaced again. Ended up replacing the compressor with a recon one I got for 9000 from Mahinda. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2016 at 0:30 PM, Jor-el said:

Thanks Davy. I think this is due to the wordwide Takata faulty airbag inflator recall (which claimed 11+ lives so far!)

Will contact UM

thnx bro. but my one dosnt have air bag. one of my best friend bought 2007 model last week. i will inform him.

I would like to give you a little advise. They are removing whole dashboard and placing removed items (such as audio set up..) inside the car without placing any protective cover in the seats. Therefore, the probability of harming the condition the of the interior is very high... it happend to me.. there were few black marks in my rear seat after replacing the unit. However, they did a quick job and has assembled the removed parts perfectly. This information will be useful if anyone has planned to do the replacement in near future.. better to go there with some covers to safeguard your interior... :huh:     

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Davy said:

"Free upgrades" lol. All of these are recalls and they're meant to do these for free anyway. Like I saw recently on Facebook, "marketing nam ithin Lankaawa thamai". 

I think they need to replace the airbags unit and other replacements are the motivation factors :)

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, nagaya said:

Just saw this :( will they replace even now ?

I got the signal light switch and wiper switch lubricated last month FOC. Contact the UNIMO workshop which does routine maintenance on your car, when I called that hotline they said my VIN number wasn't subjected to any recall but when I called the workshop they confirmed that mine has been recalled too. 

CARRIED OUT WORK AS PER CAMPAIGN BULLETIN

BAD CONNECTION ON TURN SIGNAL AND WIPER STALK
REMOVED, GREASED TERMINALS, REFITTED

ALL OK

BzcO7Ry.png

Edited by Hyaenidae