• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Head Gasket Damaged - Where to find it? Cost?

andunslg

Question

When I was driving a 1993 Ford Laser in the on the high level road, one of the radiator horse started leaking inside and unnoticed. Heat didn't went up significantly since I was driving slow. Then I entered the highway and speed was increased. Just after 4km, it got overheated.

We kept it to cool and put water later with the help of highway people. Then I drive another 10km and parked the vehicle. Following day when we start it, water comes out from the head gasket.

I think it got damaged and it needed to be replaced. Some facing need to be done to the engine head also.

So where can I get these gasket and what will be the replacement cost?

ford-ford-laser-11822541.jpg

4 answers to this question

sorry, i don't know about this model, but 2001 model , cost around 25k for the whole job including spare parts.

if you can ask technician to remove the head and send it to a place like D!MO or somewhere, then they will not only resurface it, but also they will clean valves, fix vale seating problems if any.....

one of my friend did this job, i think he had to replace the camshaft oil seal as well (laser 2001)

just for curiosity, how did u notice that " water comes out from the head gasket"? . head gasket is not that fragile to be blown off if the engine got overheated for few minutes (4km , higher than 60 kmph means less than 4 mins), unless you filled water while engine is extremely hot

Edited by MV-5

Mazda BG3P/5P head gasket is a direct fit for this car. Check carmart first to see if they have the genuine one. Its a million times better to go for a genuine head gasket. While you are at it, you should also consider changing the timing belt, valve seals, tappet cover packing and any other oil seals so I would suggest getting a headkit. Not just the gasket. Don't buy the overhaul kit though.

It happened recently with my Kia. I got the genuine head kit from Hyundai lanka for just 17,000 bucks. Since I got the whole headkit, replaced all the seals and gaskets at the same time (Kia has a timing chain so there was no need to replace it). Got the head pressure tested by Edirisinghe motors. 

• Like 1