• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suggestions for a new car

Dom

@Dom : yes the swift is beyond your budget. The K12 and the elite are ok cars. The K12 auto is a bit thirsty for a small hatch . The Elite will be a newer car and is actually not a boring car to drive . read separate threads on the forum about both these cars. Reliability of a car depends on how each individual unit is  maintained etc too. these are fairly mainstream cars and  are solid and reliable. 

19 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Well if u had a N16 back in 2009 it was cheaper than a FB15 ...think abt it and well pegeout 406 was barely 10lacks then... Reasons was due to bad fuel economy as u agree and also for the expensive parts of repair on pegeouts...well taking the N16 has this major engine buzz when idling if u had noticed... Although many say its normal..the actual repair of that problem isnt successful and well taking throttle response even the N16 is bad.....just my opinion btw... No experience im driving a pegeout. Only my neighbor had one and had to hear all his suffer tales... Thnxxx

I assume few things from your reply above.

1) You are trying to grab attention of people by just posting here without true knowledge.

2) You have not maintained your N16 car regularly. As a result you got the false impression that all N16s are bad.

3) Your neighbour who own a Peugeot (these are my assumptions) does not know where is the right place to go for resonably priced spares and correct repairs. On top he might not be maintaining his car regularly (Neighbours are alike I guess :D )

Good luck with your future car usage and suggest to be more educated/experienced before putting comments in a place like this where lot of people with knowledge/experience.

Hope you got the idea...

• Like 1

On 9/5/2016 at 2:11 PM, HaeylM said:

Rather a starlet which is goddamn old try for the japanese swift 1.3 , its really good in fuel(13-14)Kmpl and good pickup and less repairs due to mid range engine... Resale market of swift 1.3(jeep model im referring) is one of the best sellers and surely more than pegeouts and nissan n16 n starlet

Even comfort and boot space you will find more in a swift 1.3 than a starlet... If ur not into swift then surely go for the FB15...(N16 is the most failiure car ever...people dont understand its problem till they use it... So people blindly buy it.. DONT GO FOR N16 OR PEGEOUTS.... THEY SUCK)

Hope i helped.... Thnx! 

For your information SWIFT DOES NOT DO 13-14. Maximum you can get from a Swift is 9 in the city. 8kmpl is more likely.

No it does not have less repairs either. There's a known issue with the suspension of Swifts. It's a decent car but is not god's gift to mankind as you point out.

I have extensive experience with Swifts.

By the way, who let you out of lunatic asylum?

@Dom The balance between AK12 and Viva Elite is reliability vs. fuel economy. AK12 is not good at fuel economy but its a bulletproof car that can take a lot of abuse. Viva Elite is more economical than the AK12 but has its own little issues (like the vibration caused by the three cylinder engine. I would place AK12 higher in terms of reliability than a starlet, although starlet has a better reputation in the country.

For your budget, the only car I can recommend is Kelisa. Its reliable than most of the cars in that budget range and does very well on fuel. It looks like a girls car but dont be decieved by its appearance. A manual Kelisa can be real fun to drive. I've owned a Mini (old one not the BMW one) and a Kelisa in the past. I would say the Kelisa is as fun to drive as the Mini.

Edited by Crosswind

3 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I would say the Kelisa is as fun to drive as the Mini.

I agree with you 100% on this. I used a Kelisa too while in Malaysia and it's absolutely headache free car to maintain and of course fun to drive. 

1 hour ago, AbeysinghE said:

I agree with you 100% on this. I used a Kelisa too while in Malaysia and it's absolutely headache free car to maintain and of course fun to drive. 

So u live in Malaysia? And maintain a kelisa.....damn

On 06/09/2016 at 10:37 AM, AJ84 said:

I assume few things from your reply above.

1) You are trying to grab attention of people by just posting here without true knowledge.

2) You have not maintained your N16 car regularly. As a result you got the false impression that all N16s are bad.

3) Your neighbour who own a Peugeot (these are my assumptions) does not know where is the right place to go for resonably priced spares and correct repairs. On top he might not be maintaining his car regularly (Neighbours are alike I guess :D )

Good luck with your future car usage and suggest to be more educated/experienced before putting comments in a place like this where lot of people with knowledge/experience.

Hope you got the idea...

Okay....... I wont argue.... Doesnt matter.... It was just an opinion i gave to Dom about a better option and u guys just made a big fuss about this?..... Happy now?....true i might not be good with the mechanical side like u guys but i know about car market movement and from my exp i adviced him to buy a good market moving object...as i repeat what matters is not the price in ###### or anything... What matters is the true reputation and need......thnx

Edited by HaeylM

2 hours ago, HaeylM said:

So u live in Malaysia? And maintain a kelisa.....damn

No I'm not living in Malaysia. But i visit frequently for official purposes.why? any problem of using an small car in a country like that? While i was working there back in 2013 that was the only car available for me to use as all the other cars were distributed among the staffs who based in Malaysia. Though i felt it's small for my height it was a fun ride even on highways. Do you think I live in Malaysia to maintain a Kelisa? What a damn question is that? 

2 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Okay....... I wont argue.... Doesnt matter.... It was just an opinion i gave to Dom about a better option and u guys just made a big fuss about this?..... Happy now?....true i might not be good with the mechanical side like u guys but i know about car market movement and from my exp i adviced him to buy a good market moving object...as i repeat what matters is not the price in ###### or anything... What matters is the true reputation and need......thnx

My advice for you.

Stop buying cars for other people. Spend your money in a vehicle where you can enjoy it

• Like 1

• 2 months later...