• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota - Aqua

Maithree

Question

My vehicle is a Toyota - Aqua - 2015 with smart key, which ran only 9,000 odd kms. Some times when I start dash board indicates a key & P Shift mark as per the attached picture & vehicle can't move front or reverse.  Then I just off the engine & again starts & then those 2 indicators are not indicating & vehicle can move.  Need your advise on that.20160830_062417.jpg

10 answers to this question

Found these in an online forum saying one of them causes to indicate the P shift light. I suggest you to check the simple things first like the 12v battery.

- malfunction in the P position control system ("P" with circle around it indicator light)
- malfunction of the smart key system
- malfunction of the immobilizer system
- 12 volt battery is discharged.

Edited by hrm

Although some signs are readily available on the net to understand what these symbols all are, apart from what these colours (red,yellow,green) mean, i didnt find any when i searched for the specific car model, specifically the symbols you have mentioned. Maybe someone who has a user manual might be able to shed some insight on the meaning of these?

IF not safe bet is to just go to TL and ask them on what the heck these are, since its messing with your day to day work and u dont wanna get stuck somewhere far away when eventually it stops permanently:) 

The exact problem is ,as soon as you push the start button you shift the gears. Once you hit on the push button you have to wait a bit until the ready button become green. See your picture clearly indicates that you have shifted the gear to R but the ready button is off. That means car is not yet ready to move. The P shift mark is a warning for you to shift the gear to P and restart the car. Try this. I don't see any problem with your car. 

My aqua doesn't have a smart key. But this thing happens to me when I don't turn the key to ignition but keeping in the position 'on' mistakenly. In such instances dashboard will be functioning. But vehicle won't move. The 'Ready' indicator below the gear indicator should be on for the vehicle to move. (In your pic it is not.)