• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift (Japanese) Tyre Pressure ?

flashmark

On 9/7/2016 at 10:20 PM, flashmark said:

thanks All. According to that recommended air pressure is 33/30(front/rear. See attched). But when the car loaded with 5 passengers ( 2 front/ 3 rear) and 100kg of load, what is the recommended tyre air pressure front and rear?

5 pax = 70 x 5 = 350 kg + 100 kg of goods means 450 kg. :excl: :speechless-smiley-004:

Swift is not a lorry my dear friend !!!

You cant save your shocks, springs, and rear axle by tire pressure manipulation.:action-smiley-060:

10 hours ago, gayanath said:

You cant save your shocks, springs, and rear axle by tire pressure manipulation.:action-smiley-060:

Actually, you can. That's one of the main reasons to avoid over-inflating the tyres. Maintain suspension longevity.

1 hour ago, flashmark said:
Max. Loading Weight 460kg

The tyre pressure doesn't need to be altered based on the payload you are carrying, assuming the payload is within specs and your tyres are inflated at the given pressure.

17 minutes ago, Davy said:

Actually, you can. That's one of the main reasons to avoid over-inflating the tyres. Maintain suspension longevity.

Davy, I mean different perspective.

I just kidding him, "the effect (strain & deformations) of car overloading cannot rectify by changing the tire pressure" and not the broader matter which highly relates to tire pressure. 

Edited by gayanath

1 hour ago, flashmark said:
Max. Loading Weight 460kg

Your weight value is highly unlikely since japanese hatchbacks are generaly manufactured for payload less than 300 kg. I couldent find Swift value but same category Vitz value is 275 kg. 

Better to recheck again. 

Edited by gayanath

On 9/9/2016 at 11:05 AM, gayanath said:

Your weight value is highly unlikely since japanese hatchbacks are generaly manufactured for payload less than 300 kg. I couldent find Swift value but same category Vitz value is 275 kg. 

If Vitz max loading capacity is 275kg, then Its a big problem.  4 people avg weight is 280kg (without any extra weights - bags). 

Just now, Quiet said:

I guess Jappo weighs less with all that  sushi eating :huh:

Yes. A quick search on the Net get you something like 60kg average weight in Japan. So being a JDM, there is nothing wrong with Vitz loading capacity.