• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

toyota corolla 141 or axio

miraj

Question

12 answers to this question

On 8/27/2016 at 8:44 PM, miraj said:

Hey guys!

I am planing to buy a corolla 141 (2008) or axio(2008).Help me to select one. I want to know specially fuel economy and performances.And what are the differences between 141 and axio.

Well , I've been using an axio 141 x limited 2008 for 5 years.  And I've driven  a few corolla 141s of my doctor friends and we've exchanged our experience a couple of times.  So here's what I've got for you.  Hope this helps. 

• Axio 141 some grades like G, X limited have got more bells and whistles than the 141 corolla.  But axio X grade doesn't even have a RPM meter. So if you consider such things avoid the X grade.
  • Axio has a better fuel economy than 141. This is totally based on my own calculations and my friend's who have corolla 141s.
  • Very comfortable ride on carpet roads but a bit shaky on bad roads.
  • 141 corolla was handling the badly paved roads very well, but not as comfy as the axio on carpet roads.
  • For me also 141 corolla looks better than the Axio ,it's a few centimetres wider and longer than the Axio. But leg space is the same in both.
  • Most of the 141 corollas were imported brand new for the permits, so they must have been maintained through the agents. So it's a bit reliable with previous service records.
  • 141 corolla is simple with a 4 speed conventional automatic transmission,  so less trouble.  Axio on the other hand has a CVT which is a bit complicated.  So could cause trouble with bad maintenance.  But the risk totally worth it because of the smooth gear shifting and comfy ride it provides you. ( this is only my personal  opinion )
  • But when overtaking a long vehicle like a bus, 141 corolla did better with it's 4 speed transmission and 1.6L engine,  while the axio screams with high RPM due to the CVT.  But if you put  "S" gear on the axio, it gives sudden torque and extra engine control which makes you feel confident while overtaking. 
  • Corolla handled better at corners than the Axio because of its stiffer suspension.

Finally the price tag. You could buy a corolla 141 of the same manufacture year of an axio with less kms on the odo for less price. Maybe 5 lacks or even more.   

So the decision is yours. 

• Like 3

welcome to the forum. Both cars have been discussed before in the forum. Do a search and find out information. 

For example this thread would tell you that the 141 has a conventional Auto gear box as compared to the CVT on the Axio  : 

Likewise going through older threads you will be able to gather a lot of useful information. Good Luck,

Edited by matroska

6 hours ago, DhoRK said:

Axio is better in every way than the 141, except their looks.axio is more,

-economical

-powerful

-comfortable

-reliable

-well built

-range of grades to choose(X,X limited,G,G limited,Luxel vs LX,GLI)

-economical (yes you get more kmpl in Axio)

-powerful (no unless you opt for 1.8 L)

-comfortable (Depends on the road, 141 has more firm suspension with substantial ground clearance and bit more travel, more comfortable in bad roads, you don't need to worry about banging the undercarriage)

-reliable (equal, 141 may have a advantage due to basic engine, transmission, i have never heard of a issue in a 141, although Axio engines are prone to sludge buildup)

-well built (equal, 2008-2010 141s made in Japan)

-range of grades to choose(X,X limited,G,G limited,Luxel vs LX,GLI) (141 will be more or less in line with X grade Axio, so most of the Axios will have more bells and whistles)

Edited by kush

Why i mentioned that it is,

-undepowered(because only a few units are available in 1.8l engine.so far i've seen none.if u go for the diesel the car itself will cost a fortune)

-build quality(some doctors i know who got it for their permit said quality problems such as leaking water from the roof)

-reliable(oh i forgot 141 should be more.no cvt so less maintainence)

Anyway Axio can't beat the looks of the 141.Even if u own a 141 with red dash number most people will think you are a doctor ???

Edited by DhoRK

8 minutes ago, DhoRK said:

Why i mentioned that it is,

-undepowered(because only a few units are available in 1.8l engine.so far i've seen none.if u go for the diesel the car itself will cost a fortune)

-build quality(some doctors i know who got it for their permit said quality problems such as leaking water from the roof)

-reliable(oh i forgot 141 should be more.no cvt so less maintainence)

Dude! WTF ??

Go for the 141

It's a company brandnew model designed for sri lankan conditions. So less suspension and ground clearance issues.

And build quality wise it wasn't it the axios which had the dashboard issues.

It has a 4 speed at(like in the 121s) which is less troublesome than the axio cvt which tend to pack up at around 100 000km which the 2008 cars should have done by now. (But I'd chose a cvt over a 4 speed at and do the repairs because of the smoothness but it's not the typical Toyota owner type)

Most cars were agent maintained at least half of their life upto now as they were brought company brandnew new with waranty. So there's better chance of a genuine millage and maintenance history.

Better rear leg space 

IMO Better looks 

• Like 1

141 is a decent and reliable choice as many came brandnew. except that its a bit off in fuel economy cuz of 1.6L engine.comfy and agile...and pretty much reliable true milage compared to axio which was a reconditioned import. looks decent and has good driving pleasure except that the interior small bits are made cheap like every toyota vehicle...go for it but not much of market value like axio but... You can save around 4-8 lacks off a decent LX 141 rather an axio G

On 17/09/2016 at 7:48 AM, sathyajithj99 said:

Well , I've been using an axio 141 x limited 2008 for 5 years.  And I've driven  a few corolla 141s of my doctor friends and we've exchanged our experience a couple of times.  So here's what I've got for you.  Hope this helps. 

• Axio 141 some grades like G, X limited have got more bells and whistles than the 141 corolla.  But axio X grade doesn't even have a RPM meter. So if you consider such things avoid the X grade.
  • Axio has a better fuel economy than 141. This is totally based on my own calculations and my friend's who have corolla 141s.
  • Very comfortable ride on carpet roads but a bit shaky on bad roads.
  • 141 corolla was handling the badly paved roads very well, but not as comfy as the axio on carpet roads.
  • For me also 141 corolla looks better than the Axio ,it's a few centimetres wider and longer than the Axio. But leg space is the same in both.
  • Most of the 141 corollas were imported brand new for the permits, so they must have been maintained through the agents. So it's a bit reliable with previous service records.
  • 141 corolla is simple with a 4 speed conventional automatic transmission,  so less trouble.  Axio on the other hand has a CVT which is a bit complicated.  So could cause trouble with bad maintenance.  But the risk totally worth it because of the smooth gear shifting and comfy ride it provides you. ( this is only my personal  opinion )
  • But when overtaking a long vehicle like a bus, 141 corolla did better with it's 4 speed transmission and 1.6L engine,  while the axio screams with high RPM due to the CVT.  But if you put  "S" gear on the axio, it gives sudden torque and extra engine control which makes you feel confident while overtaking. 
  • Corolla handled better at corners than the Axio because of its stiffer suspension.

Finally the price tag. You could buy a corolla 141 of the same manufacture year of an axio with less kms on the odo for less price. Maybe 5 lacks or even more.   

So the decision is yours. 

Thanx friend.Usefull a lot.

On 9/15/2016 at 8:45 AM, kush said:

None of the cars came with sunroof, unless you punch a hole in the roof i don't see this happening

May be the docs had sweaty head

Maybe the windscreen.???.other than fuel economy and the leakage issue i've never heard anything bad about it from an OWNER.anyway durability of the overall car should be better,because it is designed for sl roads.

Hi Miraj,

I've been using an Axio Luxel (Alpha edition) 2008 for almost four years now. Can recommend this model without a doubt. It has done about 80,000KM now & only trouble it gave was an issue with Alternator pulley. Was able to source parts for the alternator from Delkanda and later on managed to find an alternator from Japan and bought it down in case if needed to replace. (An expert said, for Luxel and for KDH vans this alternator issue is a known problem)

It does about 10-10.5KMPL in the usual Colombo traffic and 19-20KMPL in the highway and in other outstation areas does about 14KMPL. But obviously these figures may change depending on the driving pattern.

It is quite different to the usual Axio X or G grade and is equipped with the Dual VVTI engine (1.8L), 7 speed Tiptronic transmission, 8 Air bags, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Auto Parking, Pre crash safety feature, rear stabilizer bar etc. Some of these options are only applicable for Alpha edition.

All the general maintenance parts such as Oil filters (this is different to the 1.5L variant's filter), air filters, brake pads, spark plugs, etc. are readily available at Toyota Lanka, so you don’t have to worry about regular maintenance.

It is quite powerful than the 1.5L variant and handling is also better, but need to say handling is not the best and don’t expect much on that aspect.

In terms of body parts except the front shell and rear trunck lip, all the other parts are same as the usual 1.5L variant.

I think Luxel is a good option for you to consider as you said you are concerned on both fuel economy and performance.