• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

TOYOTA VVT-I Engine Tune Up Recommended Place / Mechanic

thilinamc

Hi,

I have TOYOTA IST 2003 (NP60) and recently it has been operated with a bad fuel consumption.Usually it operates 10/12 , but currently it operates like 8/10.Last year I have bought her, and since then I haven't done a Engine Tune up for Like Year. I think it might be causing for the low fuel consumption. But finding a reasonable & trust-worthy place to do a engine tune up is little bit harder than finding a Unicorn in these days :D:D.And will there be anything more to the Low Fuel Consumption, rather than the Engine Non-Tune up.

So do help me out with your personnel experience in selecting a good place or person do an Engine Tune up.

Thanks

I can recommend Mr. Dammika Fernando, you can find his contacts if you search on the forum. Call him and get an appointment for a tune-up, he'll tell you if you need to clean your fuel injectors as well. You can get the injectors cleaned from Asnu Lanka if needed. 

Refer to this thread for more info:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vengeance said:

I can recommend Mr. Dammika Fernando, you can find his contacts if you search on the forum. Call him and get an appointment for a tune-up, he'll tell you if you need to clean your fuel injectors as well. You can get the injectors cleaned from Asnu Lanka if needed. 

Refer to this thread for more info:

Vengeance,

Thank you very much for your quick reply, Will you be able to comment about the cost? That will be a great help.

Thanks

Edited by thilinamc

the problem is if the injector cleaning is needed you have to again go to another place and clean the injectors.. so another cost to that place needs to be given... most good tuneup places does injector cleaning.. for example some mechanics who used to work the Nissan company does the complete tuneup, and they are very good... once I went to Ravi at kelaniya.. for the whole tuneup including injector cleanup he takes only Rs.1800/- and does a solid job.. there is another guy called dharshana who worked for Nissan in mabole.. he does all the cars.. he takes Rs. 6500/- though.. I have been to all three of them for my 2 Preseas... (Dhammika, Ravi and Dharshana).. My first recommendation would be dharshana though...because I initially had a miss in my car and it didnt go away after the tuneup at dhammika... but after taking it to dharshana it was fixed...