• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicles Around 50 Lacks for permit holders

Nomad

Question

Hello 

I need to know what are the variants that can be get down to LK under the Goverment USD 30000 Permit. 

My budget is around 50 Lacks and I would prefer SUV. ( Still  have no idea that i can get these variants for my budget )

Considering 3 years old vehicles from 2016  what will be the initial cost for

Outlander PHEV

X-Trail

Fortuner ( Possible to import from Thailand ? )

Rexton ??  

Since local car dealers not helping  I'm posting this because I have no idea of this scenario and please advice me with the all the details, rules and regulation etc . 

i really appreciate your help in resolving this problem.

Thank you everyone :)

9 answers to this question

For the details of vehicles you can get down at your budget I would strongly suggest that you have a look at the weekend papers, they are loaded with adverts for vehicles on the permits.

You can import only vehicles which are less than two years old.

Not sure about whether you can get a Diesel Fortuner or anything diesel in that price range since the duty is 50% of the applicable duty.

5 hours ago, Nomad said:

Hello 

I need to know what are the variants that can be get down to LK under the Goverment USD 30000 Permit. 

My budget is around 50 Lacks and I would prefer SUV. ( Still  have no idea that i can get these variants for my budget )

Considering 3 years old vehicles from 2016  what will be the initial cost for

Outlander PHEV

X-Trail

Fortuner ( Possible to import from Thailand ? )

Rexton ??  

Since local car dealers not helping  I'm posting this because I have no idea of this scenario and please advice me with the all the details, rules and regulation etc . 

i really appreciate your help in resolving this problem.

Thank you everyone :)

Where do you live? I think the best way is to go and visit the agents during a weekend and get some quotations from them. As far as I know agents like

Toyota L#nka 

Colon#ial Motors (Mazda)

United M#tors (Mitsubishi )

A*W (Nissan )

Stafford Mot#rs (Honda)

are open during weekends as well. The best way to get the information of the vehicles you can buy for your permit is through these agents rather than getting it from a car sales chap who tries to get you into trouble. After that select some vehicles of your preference and post them here so the AL members can help you to decide on which one you should buy.

Your permit is a privilege you get. So use it wisely.

Where do you live? I think the best way is to go and visit the agents during a weekend and get some quotations from them. As far as I know agents like

Toyota L#nka 

Colon#ial Motors (Mazda)

United M#tors (Mitsubishi )

A*W (Nissan )

Stafford Mot#rs (Honda)

are open during weekends as well. The best way to get the information of the vehicles you can buy for your permit is through these agents rather than getting it from a car sales chap who tries to get you into trouble. After that select some vehicles of your preference and post them here so the AL members can help you to decide on which one you should buy.

Your permit is a privilege you get. So use it wisely.

Hi 

I live around Colombo , yes I saw one of the advertisement from A*W with the all new X-Trail. It cost around 92Mill for gov permit holders. So the brand new one will be only a dream. I'm considering about the models which came after 2014 ( mostly 2014) . because it's much less than the 2016 or the one comes from the Dealer shop (A*W). I'm still on my way of finding a good local shop who imports these variants.  Does anyone know a place  ? 

and thank you all for your valuable comments , I really appreciate it , Cheers :) 

There is a car AT 212 Toyota Carina,  locally assembled and (late) registered in 2008 KG  XXXX,  Can you please let me know how much it be worthy as per local market comparing with originally imported and registered such vehicles. 

Likewise, we could find another car Axio 141 G NZE locally assembled and unregistered, year model 2013. Is it worthy for 3 million rupees. However, I think, it has less demand while disposing in the local market.

Please comment regarding the above comments

12 hours ago, winners said:

There is a car AT 212 Toyota Carina,  locally assembled and (late) registered in 2008 KG  XXXX,  Can you please let me know how much it be worthy as per local market comparing with originally imported and registered such vehicles. 

Likewise, we could find another car Axio 141 G NZE locally assembled and unregistered, year model 2013. Is it worthy for 3 million rupees. However, I think, it has less demand while disposing in the local market.

Please comment regarding the above comments

Please post your questions in relevant threads.

On 8/25/2016 at 10:54 PM, Prangi said:

Which permit are you referring? Government servants retirement permit or government servants normal permit? Same value but different duty structure and conditions.

Hi

I'm referring about government servants normal permit :)