• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

7.5 Km Per L Xtrail 2015 4x4 ?

gayankap

Question

Actually the Hybrid Xtrail should do a bit more than that, closer to 10 in town based on what I've seen. Could be because the vehicle is still basically new. My Mazda was doing around 8.5 at the initial stages, which improved significantly after the first service.

24 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

Actually the Hybrid Xtrail should do a bit more than that, closer to 10 in town based on what I've seen. Could be because the vehicle is still basically new. My Mazda was doing around 8.5 at the initial stages, which improved significantly after the first service.

Bro , Should i stop worring then and keep it ... when will i have to do the first service ... One of my friends said the same thing ... Your car is it the mazda 6 you were reffering to ?

Edited by gayankap

4 hours ago, gayankap said:

Bro , Should i stop worring then and keep it ... when will i have to do the first service ... One of my friends said the same thing ... Your car is it the mazda 6 you were reffering to ?

I'm pretty sure Supra was referring to the brand new Mazda 2 he bought. 

3 hours ago, udayap said:

Should someone who can spend 9.0 million odd for a vehicle worried about the cost of fuel!!!!

Well high fuel consumption is an indicator of other issues, so its worth while paying attention to it, but yeah no point obsessing over it...

Edited by Kavvz

On August 22, 2016 at 7:30 PM, gayankap said:

Is this normal ? Heard it does like 11 Km Per L. This was shown on average fuel consumption meter display. Didnt go on long distances though. Its a hybrid and still only 325 km done.

Yes evn i hv a xtrail 2016 fully loadedbought from A*W fues consumption is nil 

is there anyway to improve it?

On August 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM, udayap said:

Should someone who can spend 9.0 million odd for a vehicle worried about the cost of fuel!!!!

Dude i actually spent 9.8 for the xtrail ofcourse we have to worry about the fuel consiumption or else why would we go for a hybrid ? I should have bought a non hybrid, spent so mch for a hybrid expecting to work like 13-15 kmpl but what it does it 7-8 kmpl so worried.

actually i spent so much for a hybrid vehicle for fuel plus its a suv and its brand new, so if i knew it was like a norml petrol which is more like a waste

I have done 6000kms and i hv done the service but stil no improvement i reported to the A*W company as well but they said its normal nothings wrong with the vehicle so i said im really dissapointed that they convinced me it does around 12-13kmpl in city out stations 17kmpl but what it actualy does 7-8 city outstaion 11-12

normal driving condition never rev rpm over 2 always below 2 rpm driving conditons in traffic else wheee

14 minutes ago, weezy said:

I have done 6000kms and i hv done the service but stil no improvement i reported to the A*W company as well but they said its normal nothings wrong with the vehicle so i said im really dissapointed that they convinced me it does around 12-13kmpl in city out stations 17kmpl but what it actualy does 7-8 city outstaion 11-12

normal driving condition never rev rpm over 2 always below 2 rpm driving conditons in traffic else wheee

Is it the front wheel your having or the 4x4i ?

28 minutes ago, weezy said:

Dude i actually spent 9.8 for the xtrail ofcourse we have to worry about the fuel consiumption or else why would we go for a hybrid ? I should have bought a non hybrid, spent so mch for a hybrid expecting to work like 13-15 kmpl but what it does it 7-8 kmpl so worried.

actually i spent so much for a hybrid vehicle for fuel plus its a suv and its brand new, so if i knew it was like a norml petrol which is more like a waste

I don't understand...isnt spending millions for a hybrid for lower fuel consumption and spending less for a non hybrid and save that rest of that money for the fuel is the same? plus for hybrid somewhere down the line you have to spend more to replace a battery too... so the whole plot of buying a hybrid is lost there... isnt it? correct me if im wrong...

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

I don't understand...isnt spending millions for a hybrid for lower fuel consumption and spending less for a non hybrid and save that rest of that money for the fuel is the same? plus for hybrid somewhere down the line you have to spend more to replace a battery too... so the whole plot of buying a hybrid is lost there... isnt it? correct me if im wrong...

Yes exactly ur absolute correct thats one of my point too! 

This is the last time im driving a hybrid so i have learnt a lesson unless u drive a hybrid car its fine if hr gng fr a suv never buy hybrid suv,s so yeah 

55 minutes ago, gayankap said:

Exactly what did the A*W people said about it ? 

They checked the system by plugin there machines etc , they said no fault in the system or errors, its a normal issue it seems so many have complaint it seems so they recommend me now to go flr a pretrol version after selling this. 

Facing a worst situation

1 hour ago, weezy said:

They checked the system by plugin there machines etc , they said no fault in the system or errors, its a normal issue it seems so many have complaint it seems so they recommend me now to go flr a pretrol version after selling this. 

Facing a worst situation

Petrol or Hybrid do not go for Xtrail..Just my personal view.  It's not a vehicle for you If you concern about saving some money on fuel. I also have a friend who use Xtrail hybrid and it's 2WD but still complains that it does around 8 kmpl . But people I know who use Outlander PHEV is happy with mileage they get in Hybrid mood.Most of them reach around 13-14 kmpl figure in Hybrid mood and around 40 kmpl with full charge on plug in. 

2 hours ago, weezy said:

Facing a worst situation

Why not sell it and buy a diesel sprangly used Audi A4 or a BMW F10? Many for sale with plenty of warrenty left.

2 hours ago, pug306xsi said:

Why not sell it and buy a diesel sprangly used Audi A4 or a BMW F10? Many for sale with plenty of warrenty left.

The reason why i brought the x-trail is because of its height ... same goes to every other person who brought it ... i have the prius 2016 its a car and it serves me well till i drive it in my home town bambalapitiya ... i take it to matara my moms home town via highway and no problem using it there however what if i turn from end of highway to godagama area or if i use it where my father lives kottawa (turn right from the junction) i face so many difficulties .. roads are not in shape which is why i needed the xtrail, and my 2016 prius and my fathers 2016 axio gives me damn bad backpains after driving for an hour or so ... and the ground clearence in those vehicles ? terrible ! ... 

5 hours ago, pug306xsi said:

I actually do hve a bmw 520d 2013 its superb in fuel econmy not a single thing to say, but i bought the xtrail for savin money on fuel as well as to use on roads which i cannot go in a car so main reason im using the xtrail daily so its worst on fuel economy other than that its gud 

4 hours ago, Clark's son said:

The petrol xtrail will do worse than that no experience on newer models but the nt30 only did 5-6kmpl

If you need a economical suv go for a diesel.

A santafe or sorrento slightly use one is in that range

Exacty u shuld go fr a diesel in future but apparently sorento does 8-9kmpl in city out station 11-12kmpl so the same i guess

2 hours ago, gayankap said:

The reason why i brought the x-trail is because of its height ... same goes to every other person who brought it ... i have the prius 2016 its a car and it serves me well till i drive it in my home town bambalapitiya ... i take it to matara my moms home town via highway and no problem using it there however what if i turn from end of highway to godagama area or if i use it where my father lives kottawa (turn right from the junction) i face so many difficulties .. roads are not in shape which is why i needed the xtrail, and my 2016 prius and my fathers 2016 axio gives me damn bad backpains after driving for an hour or so ... and the ground clearence in those vehicles ? terrible ! ... 

So ur facing the same situation as mine? Low on fuel economy? So u drive in city limits ? 

Well..you really can't buy a SUV or crossovers in the likes of X-Trails and RAV4s expecting fuel economy.The Hybrids....even in Japan, I have come across people who say that the Hybrid X-Trail does 10-11. This is in Japan so I would imagine in SL it would be a bit less (perhaps the range you talk about ? and hopefully ones the engine breaks in and the first service done it will get a bit better). My RAV4 2.4L petrol got 8-9 in Japan and now in SL get 5-6 in city driving (the CR-V of the same era got more towards the 6 mark but still the same range). Like someone else had mentioned if you buy a X Trail petrol variant the fuel consumption may be less. Only time I got 7-8 on my petrol RAV4 in SL was the month I mixed it with frequent highway driving or the few months I left to work at 9.30am and came back home by 4.00 pm.

Perhaps you should have gotten something like a Vezel if you wanted high ground clearance AND fuel economy (but if you had this thread probably would have een about the thing being under powered or something...)?