• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

7.5 Km Per L Xtrail 2015 4x4 ?

gayankap

Question

47 minutes ago, Watchman said:

35,000km in 6 months? Are you saying you travel about 200km a day? is this a rental car?

If you know you travel that much, was it wise to choose something that big and heavy? Goes back to my very first solution of taking a threewheeler for the exceptional case where your prius can't make it.

ohh well; i dont think this is something wrong with the vehicle. It's about the vehicle being the wrong choice for the type of usage  :) 

Yep ... nope its not wise , bad choice ... ? But i needed the 4x4 capabilities ...

Funny...out of all the crossovers I have had and used the new X trail had the worst handling. Even the old one was better. The new one is too pudgy. It has some fancy electronically controlled suspension that is way too late. Go in to a corner the suspension firms up after the car's body has inclined and is out of the corner...

Anyway...like the other's have said...there is nothing wrong with the Hybrid Crossover. Why come up with a Hybrid one ? Perhaps because a purely gasoline variant would do only 5-6 in heavy traffic and getting 7-8 kmpl under similar circumstances with lowered emissions (thus lower road taxes in Japan) would make it a cheaper run-around car ?

But seriously...you checked A/C vs/ non-A/C mileage as well ? You would probably waste more fuel driving with the entire family  after a meal and full tummies than with empty tummies before the meal :D 

Machan... now that you have moved from a sh*tty X-Trail to a more refined Outlander, let me give you a few tips, that will increase your fuel economy from 10 km/litre to 10.5 km/litre.

1. Never run with a full tank of petrol. Always pump 500 rupees worth of petrol and make sure the petrol light is always on. You can also keep a mega bottle in your boot and so that if you run out of petrol, you can quickly fill up in traffic. This will reduce your total weight and increase your fuel economy

2. Always pump petrol (just 500 rupees, remember?) at midnight or close to midnight. Petrol volume decreases in cold temperatures so you can have more than 1.5 litres of petrol in your mega bottle no...

3. Have sex only in May. Then your child will be born in february so you don't have to send the child to school a year early. That way you will save more petrol by not having to go to school.

4. Add half-pint of Soltron fuel additive to petrol and fix an Apsara fuel saver device. That will save petrol by another 22.37%

5. Go to Darley road and fix a plastic fender vents, plastic bonnet scoop etc. to your car (sorry... jeeeeep) from a kudda. That will cause better airflow and save more petrol

All the best machang...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

But seriously...you checked A/C vs/ non-A/C mileage as well ? You would probably waste more fuel driving with the entire family  after a meal and full tummies than with empty tummies before the meal :D 

Havent mentioned anything about none ac milage - Vehicle owners in Colombo get their pockets picked while they drive.How does this happen? Simple: As Colombo’s sunlight heats up your vehicle’s interior, your air conditioner has to work that much harder to cool it, draining your fuel tank and emptying your wallet. - picked that up from the web from a genuine tint company - most suv users i know agree ...

1 hour ago, Schiffer said:

Thel Higanno "Jeep" Edition.

Xtrail is not a jeep its a SUV ? 

Well lets get things straight the x-trail is a big failure when it comes to fuel economy , what makes ppl who brought it sick is the fact that it carries the hybrid logo , even the lexus hybrid suv's and harrier do better as hybrids ... i dont wanna argue with anyone everyone have there own opinions ... just as for the people who wanna go for a hybrid suv to save fuel , xtrail 4x4 is the worse decision to make ... there are better options out there . And theres gear box failiures happening around for xtrail 4x4 so if someonce buying better to buy with warrenty the replacement will cost u over two hundered thousand

Machan... now that you have moved from a sh*tty X-Trail to a more refined Outlander, let me give you a few tips, that will increase your fuel economy from 10 km/litre to 10.5 km/litre.
1. Never run with a full tank of petrol. Always pump 500 rupees worth of petrol and make sure the petrol light is always on. You can also keep a mega bottle in your boot and so that if you run out of petrol, you can quickly fill up in traffic. This will reduce your total weight and increase your fuel economy
2. Always pump petrol (just 500 rupees, remember?) at midnight or close to midnight. Petrol volume decreases in cold temperatures so you can have more than 1.5 litres of petrol in your mega bottle no...
3. Have sex only in May. Then your child will be born in february so you don't have to send the child to school a year early. That way you will save more petrol by not having to go to school.
4. Add half-pint of Soltron fuel additive to petrol and fix an Apsara fuel saver device. That will save petrol by another 22.37%
5. Go to Darley road and fix a plastic fender vents, plastic bonnet scoop etc. to your car (sorry... jeeeeep) from a kudda. That will cause better airflow and save more petrol
All the best machang...

U are a real cross wind

What most Lankans fail to realise is that, just like themselves, others also highly exaggerate fuel figures when selling, plus they dont consider the fact that idling in traffic also consumes fuel though the meter stays put. A vehicle with the mass of a crossover or SUV will definitely have more consumption than a normal sized car which has less weight to carry around.

A crossover having fuel figures of 7.5-10 is perfectly normal in traffic or short distance travel..

2 hours ago, rukmaldk said:

What most Lankans fail to realise is that, just like themselves, others also highly exaggerate fuel figures when selling, plus they dont consider the fact that idling in traffic also consumes fuel though the meter stays put. A vehicle with the mass of a crossover or SUV will definitely have more consumption than a normal sized car which has less weight to carry around.

A crossover having fuel figures of 7.5-10 is perfectly normal in traffic or short distance travel..

well that is true , 9 - 10 kmpl is very fine for a cross over if its a hybrid - my outlander does 10 and only with the electric range it increases , i saw a same size lexus doing the same like 9 - 10 kmpl and 12 outstation , problem with the x trail is its a big failure on fuel consumption it always have been , even the new hybrid which i used to have for a few months ... ppl are selling this one in large numbers - good for companies not for personal use ... one of my friends brought a front wheel model and it is the same he returned it back to the sale ... its so disturbing that fuel figures shown in dashboard is not true , when im going on highway its showing up as 12 kmpl and when i actually check it only does 8 kmpl in true life ...

Edited by gayankap

2 hours ago, gayankap said:

well that is true , 9 - 10 kmpl is very fine for a cross over if its a hybrid - my outlander does 10 and only with the electric range it increases , i saw a same size lexus doing the same like 9 - 10 kmpl and 12 outstation , problem with the x trail is its a big failure on fuel consumption it always have been , even the new hybrid which i used to have for a few months ... ppl are selling this one in large numbers - good for companies not for personal use ... one of my friends brought a front wheel model and it is the same he returned it back to the sale ... its so disturbing that fuel figures shown in dashboard is not true , when im going on highway its showing up as 12 kmpl and when i actually check it only does 8 kmpl in true life ...

reading could be liters for 100 km in which case it works out to 8.33 kmpl

On 8/23/2016 at 9:02 PM, Kavvz said:

Well high fuel consumption is an indicator of other issues, so its worth while paying attention to it, but yeah no point obsessing over it...

Of course they should just because they have money doesnt mean they will ignore the fuel consumption , most people who spend even 15mil r concerned about fuel so thats normal.

why do u think such? You think only poor will think abt fuel cons? Basically we spend a lot fr a good suv like a xtrail which we thought and was convinced and it mislead us we all got caught up in a stupid suv like nissan xtrail which i bought from A*W im very disapoitned abt there services plus the vehicle 

i specialy bougjt this due to hybrid and thought it would do as they mentioned in city limits 12-14kmpl and outstation 15-18kmpl

but its a joke it does only 6-7kmpl or 8/9kmpll outstation 12kmpl 

very much disappointed in the vehicle 

i spend so much and get this!

This vehicle is a failure i had to replace gear box, and they did it fr warranty but who knows god knows what they did

On 8/24/2017 at 6:26 AM, rukmaldk said:

How can it be normal? And we just got caught up with mouth full of lies from the salesmen in A*W if we knew it would do 7-8kmpl in city i would never buy a suv flr this price , anyways no point now using te shitty xtrail no way to upgrade since the market is very low i bought for almost 10mil now the market is 8.5mil so. Dont want to loose so mch betr use , nevr thought il be. Disapponted like this ,

the fact is i can rather buy a petrol prado and use itl be the ame figure and much more comfort and there is a appearence as well, why would i go for a stupid hybrid? People got caught since its hybrid and do much more better on fuel as they mentioned 12-14-18kmpl bt thats just crap

9 minutes ago, weezy said:

i specialy bougjt this due to hybrid and thought it would do as they mentioned in city limits 12-14kmpl and outstation 15-18kmpl

but its a joke it does only 6-7kmpl or 8/9kmpll outstation 12kmpl 

very much disappointed in the vehicle 

i spend so much and get this!

I thought the Xtrail riding bunch doesn't care about the fuel economy - like, a tankful of premium gasoline costs them like 1/10 of their earnings between a full tank to full tank (in the worst case) :o 

Specially this goes out to the keyboad geeks / tryna be hero behind the PC

who ever comment like pandithayas and critizin the people who own xtrails and whoever are concerned ablut fuel consumption and the keyboard heros tryna show off there keyboard skills

peopel who buy a vehicle for 9-10milion or 15 million or 20million are do concerned very much about fuel comfort and they expect basicaly everythjng fkr what we spend .

what i mean is we earn our money very hard not like ravi or anyone who steals people money and have shit load of money tl throw or wasted on fuel 

we do concerned about fuel figures specialy when spending so much for a good suv or a whatever jt is so just dont try to be keyboard heroes and comment like idiots show that yourl think rich people as a joke , we poepl r rich and lobai dont wanna waste money so yeah 

we dont pluck money from treees 

3 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

I thought the Xtrail riding bunch doesn't care about the fuel economy - like, a tankful of premium gasoline costs them like 1/10 of their earnings between a full tank to full tank (in the worst case) :o 

Please refer to my below post it includes people like you who think like a stupid person and joke about rich peoples earnings , basicaly people like only our country is nt devolping lol

if we dont care about fuel why the hell sould we buy a fkn hybrid machine? Rather buy land cruiser v8 2005 cygnus etc 

• Like 1

Just now, weezy said:

Please refer to my below post it includes people like you who think like a stupid person and joke about rich peoples earnings , basicaly people like only our country is nt devolping lol

if we dont care about fuel why the hell sould we buy a fkn hybrid machine? Rather buy land cruiser v8 2005 cygnus etc 

Hybrids aren't meant to save fuel - they're meant to save the environment (by burning relatively less fuel that is) with their fancy EV modes, regen braking, CVTs, DCTs, etc, etc... 

And imo 9-10 kmpl for an SUV that size is pretty good - heck, old Corolla 141s returned that kind of fuel economy :) 

Just now, weezy said:

????

this is so true ... some havent even tried this vehicle and ppl who brought it know the problems they had to go through , specially with the unrelaistic fuel figures shown in dashboard , and in two months i had to replace one of the o2 sensors and the company had no stocks for it saw so many owners waiting in line to get one some are running without replacing it with the engine check lights on ... finally i managed to find one from a nissan spare parts shop ... 

then on the third month i got a malfunction warning on the front radar no one at A*W or any 3rd party company could find the fault ...

and regarding the 4x4 x trail gear box replacement many have done it , some have saved there asses by the company warrenty and sterling warrenty etc. from spending millions on a replacement gear box but some have gotten it without warrenty from sales think about it ... if u all dont beleive us call hybrid hub / automiraj / call the freaking A*W engineers etc. they will tell u what kind of a failure a xtrail is ...

oh and theres a new face model on its way , im not going towards this peice of shit again , but asking u not to fall for there tricks again ...

On 5/10/2017 at 6:57 AM, gayankap said:

For the past 6 months or so which i used the x trail i have ran it 35,000 km's and have spent too much on fuel , which is why i went for a better option

Mchn what did u buy after xtrail? Even i want to upgrade , is it the phev 2015-16? How mch dd u buy? Tel me in detail thanks

8 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

Hybrids aren't meant to save fuel - they're meant to save the environment (by burning relatively less fuel that is) with their fancy EV modes, regen braking, CVTs, DCTs, etc, etc... 

And imo 9-10 kmpl for an SUV that size is pretty good - heck, old Corolla 141s returned that kind of fuel economy :) 

This is 2015 to 2017 we talking about , the hybrid system in the xtrail is not working as its meant to be its a failure , 90% of the time it wont run on the battery and when u take the foot out of ur accelerator pedal it runs on battery for around 30 secs max but it deaccelerates unlike other hybrids quickly wont run on battery for that long and takes hours the battery to full charge ...

5 minutes ago, gayankap said:

????

this is so true ... some havent even tried this vehicle and ppl who brought it know the problems they had to go through , specially with the unrelaistic fuel figures shown in dashboard , and in two months i had to replace one of the o2 sensors and the company had no stocks for it saw so many owners waiting in line to get one some are running without replacing it with the engine check lights on ... finally i managed to find one from a nissan spare parts shop ... 

then on the third month i got a malfunction warning on the front radar no one at A*W or any 3rd party company could find the fault ...

and regarding the 4x4 x trail gear box replacement many have done it , some have saved there asses by the company warrenty and sterling warrenty etc. from spending millions on a replacement gear box but some have gotten it without warrenty from sales think about it ... if u all dont beleive us call hybrid hub / automiraj / call the freaking A*W engineers etc. they will tell u what kind of a failure a xtrail is ...

oh and theres a new face model on its way , im not going towards this peice of shit again , but asking u not to fall for there tricks again ...

Exactly even i faced so many situations gear box issues like wise, A*W is the shittedt company ever, enever ever buy a nissan, good lesson fora life time.

did you buy yours from A*W? 

How much did you sel it for what is the year? 

What is your current vehicle after upgrading because i want to upgrade too

thanks

15 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

Then why did they mislead us saying it works good in fuel etc now i know hybrid is. The worst option , but then again how come a outlander phev does good in fuel ? Why not a xtrail? 

I think when i even was talking to a manager at A*W he said this is the first hybrid suv they have produce so due to 

they even say its a failure and still they insist on selling them !

7 minutes ago, weezy said:

Mchn what did u buy after xtrail? Even i want to upgrade , is it the phev 2015-16? How mch dd u buy? Tel me in detail thanks

I brought a phev g premium bro a bit more in price than a xtrail but each charge for the battery cost me around 400 rs in electrecity bill and the tank takes around 6000 rs max 95 fuel - so with two full charges and a full tank i run about 400 kms or even more , way way better than xtrail - it took 8000 rs of petrol and only run 250 km sometimes even less than that lol ...

whatever u buy u have to buy with a warrenty machan sterling / kobe or company ... phev 2015 will cost 130 on a sale with sterling warrenty , a bit hard to find these days , and on company 150 ... i saw some excellent used once in ###### with warrenty remaining around 110 - g premiums ...

Edited by gayankap

Just now, gayankap said:

I brought a phev g premium bro a bit more in price than a xtrail but each charge for the battery cost me around 400 rs in electrecity bill and the tank takes around 6000 rs max 95 fuel - so with two full charges and a full tank i run about 400 kms , way way better than xtrail it took 8000 rs of petrol and only run 250 km sometimes even less than that

whatever u buy u have to buy with a warrenty machan sterling / kobe or company ... phev 2015 will cost 130 on a sale with sterling warrenty , a bit hard to find these days and on company 150 ... 

Yeah thats what people who use outlander they dont complain about the fuel figures they say its better than xtrail even i heard from others.

shit 13milliom? But i saw some sale people sell for 12.5 mil between 12 mil g premium 2016 but i think without warranty?

8 minutes ago, weezy said:

Yeah thats what people who use outlander they dont complain about the fuel figures they say its better than xtrail even i heard from others.

shit 13milliom? But i saw some sale people sell for 12.5 mil between 12 mil g premium 2016 but i think without warranty?

Dont buy without warrenty ban ...

oh and theres a small difference between the 2016 last qtr released model it got an electric hand break switch other than that almost everythings same ... g premium got adaptive cruise / auto break / electric driver seat / premium leather seats (mostly brown once in sri lanka) rockford fosgate sound system with 2 twitters four speakers and a big subwoofer on back (u can adjust every setting from the stereo like wipers locking system etc.) all wheel drive 4 wheel drive and many more stuff like u can adjust the settings from the smart phone with the app (passwords come on a small paper with details in key chain) and some models including the one which i brought comes with a body kit ... much much more joy to drive than an xtrail lol

Edited by gayankap