• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

7.5 Km Per L Xtrail 2015 4x4 ?

gayankap

Question

2 hours ago, pug306xsi said:

Why not sell it and buy a diesel sprangly used Audi A4 or a BMW F10? Many for sale with plenty of warrenty left.

The reason why i brought the x-trail is because of its height ... same goes to every other person who brought it ... i have the prius 2016 its a car and it serves me well till i drive it in my home town bambalapitiya ... i take it to matara my moms home town via highway and no problem using it there however what if i turn from end of highway to godagama area or if i use it where my father lives kottawa (turn right from the junction) i face so many difficulties .. roads are not in shape which is why i needed the xtrail, and my 2016 prius and my fathers 2016 axio gives me damn bad backpains after driving for an hour or so ... and the ground clearence in those vehicles ? terrible ! ... 

4 hours ago, Clark's son said:

The petrol xtrail will do worse than that no experience on newer models but the nt30 only did 5-6kmpl

If you need a economical suv go for a diesel.

A santafe or sorrento slightly use one is in that range

Exacty u shuld go fr a diesel in future but apparently sorento does 8-9kmpl in city out station 11-12kmpl so the same i guess

2 hours ago, gayankap said:

The reason why i brought the x-trail is because of its height ... same goes to every other person who brought it ... i have the prius 2016 its a car and it serves me well till i drive it in my home town bambalapitiya ... i take it to matara my moms home town via highway and no problem using it there however what if i turn from end of highway to godagama area or if i use it where my father lives kottawa (turn right from the junction) i face so many difficulties .. roads are not in shape which is why i needed the xtrail, and my 2016 prius and my fathers 2016 axio gives me damn bad backpains after driving for an hour or so ... and the ground clearence in those vehicles ? terrible ! ... 

So ur facing the same situation as mine? Low on fuel economy? So u drive in city limits ? 

Well..you really can't buy a SUV or crossovers in the likes of X-Trails and RAV4s expecting fuel economy.The Hybrids....even in Japan, I have come across people who say that the Hybrid X-Trail does 10-11. This is in Japan so I would imagine in SL it would be a bit less (perhaps the range you talk about ? and hopefully ones the engine breaks in and the first service done it will get a bit better). My RAV4 2.4L petrol got 8-9 in Japan and now in SL get 5-6 in city driving (the CR-V of the same era got more towards the 6 mark but still the same range). Like someone else had mentioned if you buy a X Trail petrol variant the fuel consumption may be less. Only time I got 7-8 on my petrol RAV4 in SL was the month I mixed it with frequent highway driving or the few months I left to work at 9.30am and came back home by 4.00 pm.

Perhaps you should have gotten something like a Vezel if you wanted high ground clearance AND fuel economy (but if you had this thread probably would have een about the thing being under powered or something...)? 

3 hours ago, iRage said:

Well..you really can't buy a SUV or crossovers in the likes of X-Trails and RAV4s expecting fuel economy.The Hybrids....even in Japan, I have come across people who say that the Hybrid X-Trail does 10-11. This is in Japan so I would imagine in SL it would be a bit less (perhaps the range you talk about ? and hopefully ones the engine breaks in and the first service done it will get a bit better). My RAV4 2.4L petrol got 8-9 in Japan and now in SL get 5-6 in city driving (the CR-V of the same era got more towards the 6 mark but still the same range). Like someone else had mentioned if you buy a X Trail petrol variant the fuel consumption may be less. Only time I got 7-8 on my petrol RAV4 in SL was the month I mixed it with frequent highway driving or the few months I left to work at 9.30am and came back home by 4.00 pm.

Perhaps you should have gotten something like a Vezel if you wanted high ground clearance AND fuel economy (but if you had this thread probably would have een about the thing being under powered or something...)? 

CRV 4WD does 7-8 kmpl in CIty and 12-13 kmpl Outstation, best 16 kmpl, why spend on hybrid

7 hours ago, kush said:

CRV 4WD does 7-8 kmpl in CIty and 12-13 kmpl Outstation, best 16 kmpl, why spend on hybrid

Father owned a RE4 and a RD5 and company and close friends had the same...on average they all did about 6ish. Although at the time a lot of people claimed the CR-V did 7-8. Like I said..the only time we got 7-8 on either the CR-V or the RAV4 was when our schedules were such that we were able to miss the peak Battaramulla - Colombo traffic and was more towards its trail-end. But then again I guess travel and ride patterns could account for the small variations....

Granted the...CR-V (RE4) did a bit better than the RAV4 (ACA31)...on average both were 6ish but both my father and I were very harsh with the CR-V :D 

Both got 12-14 on outstation runs though (on a tank)

No idea about the RM series though.

As to why spend on a Hybrid variant...well the same reason 95% of people but hybrids...purchase price is a bit lower than the pure gasoline variants (well atleast that used to be the case...no idea what it is now...)

On August 26, 2016 at 8:37 AM, kush said:

Is this ur personal opinion? Do u own a crv? What is the year if so? And how much is the crv? Let me know all in details il prefer to buy a crv

thanks

17 hours ago, iRage said:

Father owned a RE4 and a RD5 and company and close friends had the same...on average they all did about 6ish. Although at the time a lot of people claimed the CR-V did 7-8. Like I said..the only time we got 7-8 on either the CR-V or the RAV4 was when our schedules were such that we were able to miss the peak Battaramulla - Colombo traffic and was more towards its trail-end. But then again I guess travel and ride patterns could account for the small variations....

Granted the...CR-V (RE4) did a bit better than the RAV4 (ACA31)...on average both were 6ish but both my father and I were very harsh with the CR-V :D 

Both got 12-14 on outstation runs though (on a tank)

No idea about the RM series though.

As to why spend on a Hybrid variant...well the same reason 95% of people but hybrids...purchase price is a bit lower than the pure gasoline variants (well atleast that used to be the case...no idea what it is now...)

So your saying is there r 2 models in crv ? What r the 2 models u refering to? As in what is the difference? 

Can you tell me how much will the 2015/16 crv will cost you? Does it comes in 2wd and 4wd? Or just 4wd only? Let me know in details 

Thanks alt

12 hours ago, weezy said:

Is this ur personal opinion? Do u own a crv? What is the year if so? And how much is the crv? Let me know all in details il prefer to buy a crv

thanks

Based on my experience last 3 years over 25k km, on a 2013 RM2 (4WD), city (Hokandara - Colombo, via Parliament Road)

11 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

How sure are you of the fuel which actually went in the tank Vs the amount shown in the meter?  :wacko:

fill up from another fuel station .

Have big questions regarding this av. fuel consumption meter im pretty certain the no.'s shown there are very different from real life figures ...

On 8/27/2016 at 10:24 AM, weezy said:

So your saying is there r 2 models in crv ? What r the 2 models u refering to? As in what is the difference? 

Can you tell me how much will the 2015/16 crv will cost you? Does it comes in 2wd and 4wd? Or just 4wd only? Let me know in details 

Thanks alt

RD, RE, and RM are the last three generations of the CR-V. RD4-7? came in the early to mid 2000s...then it was replaced by the RE and then the RE was replaced by the current model the RM. So Kush has the latest model and Honda claims that the RM is more fuel efficient than its previous models....so although I got my figures Kush could very well be getting better figures than the previous models.

All CR-Vs come in 2WD and 4WD form....

after months of using my x-trail i sold it out ... everybody does these days , yep ... so what i have figured out so far about the new x trail from 2015 to 2017 (almost everythings exactly the same) , fuel figures on highway under 80 km/h will do 16 kmpl day time under hot weather ... and in evenings and night it will do 18 kmpl under 100 + kmph it will do 14 kmpl or way lower than that ... then on a very hot day in traffic it will do 7 - 8 kmpl this will get worse when u keep waiting on bumper to bumper traffic , on light traffic in evening it will reach 9 - 10 kmpl sometimes , sun roof and moon roof aint no match for sri lankan weather on day time will give too much heat and will waste ur fuel for air condition ... i did original 3m tint on moon roof and wind screen saved a drop or two of fuel ... fuel figures are same on either 2 wheel or 4 wheel models normal or mod premier , i love the chasis control handling and ground clearence but when it comes to a hybrid / fuel figures and comfort this vehicle is a big failure ... and regenerative breaking im still thinking if its available cuz i dont see any meter for it like in a honda fit or vezel ... and the fuel figures shown here i have picked from the dash board , on real life figures those way way lower means 8 kmpl most of the time for a 4x4 model ... moved to a phev outlander feels much better now ...

Edited by gayankap

5 hours ago, gayankap said:

after months of using my x-trail i sold it out ... everybody does these days , yep ... so what i have figured out so far about the new x trail from 2015 to 2017 (almost everythings exactly the same) , fuel figures on highway under 80 km/h will do 16 kmpl day time under hot weather and in evenings and night it will do 18 kmpl under 100 + kmph it will do 14 kmpl ... then on a very hot day in traffic it will do 7 - 8 kmpl this will get worse when u keep waiting on bumper to bumper traffic , on light traffic in evening it will reach 9 - 10 kmpl , sun roof and moon roof aint no match for sri lankan weather on day time will give too much heat and will waste ur fuel for air condition ... i did original 3m tint on moon roof and wind screen saved a drop or two of fuel ... fuel figures are same on either 2 wheel or 4 wheel models normal or mod premier , i love the chasis control handling and ground clearence but when it comes to a hybrid / fuel figures and comfort this vehicle is a big failure ... and regenerative breaking im still thinking if its available cuz i dont see any meter for it like in a honda fit or vezel ... moved to a phev outlander much better now ...

WTF did I just read?!

7 hours ago, gayankap said:

fuel figures on highway under 80 km/h will do 16 kmpl day time under hot weather and in evenings and night it will do 18 kmpl under 100 + kmph it will do 14 kmpl ... then on a very hot day in traffic it will do 7 - 8 kmpl this will get worse when u keep waiting on bumper to bumper traffic , on light traffic in evening it will reach 9 - 10 kmpl , sun roof and moon roof aint no match for sri lankan weather on day time will give too much heat and will waste ur fuel for air condition ... i did original 3m tint on moon roof and wind screen saved a drop or two of fuel ... fuel figures are same on either 2 wheel or 4 wheel models normal or mod premier ,

WTF!!!
This is the first time i'm hearing an x-trail (or any SUV) driver comparing fuel figures with and without the aircon on. If you loose sleep over fuel wastage for having the aircon on! Seriously!??!?! If anything this is sh!t you read on a Alto group. 

That being said I have a perfect solution for you!!!
Drive your Prius along the highway to Matara; soon after you get off the highway pull over look at your fuel consumption meter and have your mini orgasm. Then drive straight to the nearest food city. Park your car there and take a three-wheeler to your mother's house in Godagama. Repeat process in reverse when heading back home. 

You're welcome!

3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

WTF did I just read?!

In a few words - dont go x trail cuz fuel economy is shit ... this is a mid type suv and 4x4 does only 8 most of the times when ur pusing over 80 ... if so my complain is why it came as a hybrid , im not lying ask most of the x trail users and check on the web you can see how many x trails are for sale ... ask them kindly why they are selling ...

Edited by gayankap

31 minutes ago, Watchman said:

WTF!!!
This is the first time i'm hearing an x-trail (or any SUV) driver comparing fuel figures with and without the aircon on. If you loose sleep over fuel wastage for having the aircon on! Seriously!??!?! If anything this is sh!t you read on a Alto group. 

That being said I have a perfect solution for you!!!
Drive your Prius along the highway to Matara; soon after you get off the highway pull over look at your fuel consumption meter and have your mini orgasm. Then drive straight to the nearest food city. Park your car there and take a three-wheeler to your mother's house in Godagama. Repeat process in reverse when heading back home. 

You're welcome!

Seriously how old are u ... im not starting a fight or anything so im telling the truth ... 

Just now, gayankap said:

Seriously how old are u ... im not starting a fight or anything so im telling the truth ... 

I've been told I have the mental age of 8.

There is nothing to fight about dude. Just string of illogical decisions you've been making that I (and probably others too) find hilarious...  

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I've been told I have the mental age of 8.

There is nothing to fight about dude. Just string of illogical decisions you've been making that I (and probably others too) find hilarious...  

It doesnt do much fuel with hot weather under bumper to bumper traffic inside colombo man ... its a great suv but fails as a hybrid

Edited by gayankap

4 minutes ago, gayankap said:

It doesnt do much fuel with hot weather under bumper to bumper traffic inside colombo man ... its a great suv but fails as a hybrid

But you said you have a prius that does well in city traffic! Why drive the xtrail then? You could have bought an older X-trail for 1/3 the price, and used that for your matara trips. And I bet it would depreciate WAY less than the new x-trail...

And Imagine, if you put the 6.0 million you saved in a FD at a 10% interest , the 600,000 interest would have paid for your whole' year's fuel spendings and not to mention the savings on your insurance premium every year! :)

It's called being penny-wise-pound-foolish....

9 minutes ago, Watchman said:

But you said you have a prius that does well in city traffic! Why drive the xtrail then? You could have bought an older X-trail for 1/3 the price, and used that for your matara trips. And I bet it would depreciate WAY less than the new x-trail...

And Imagine, if you put the 6.0 million you saved in a FD at a 10% interest , the 600,000 interest would have paid for your whole' year's fuel spendings and not to mention the savings on your insurance premium every year! :)

It's called being penny-wise-pound-foolish....

ban mama prius eka wikunala godak kal ... check my older posts ... ? I have fixed deposits 

Edited by gayankap

Just now, Watchman said:

The logic still applies unless you spend over 600,000 on fuel every year (50,000 a month)

For the past 6 months or so which i used the x trail i have ran it 35,000 km's and have spent too much on fuel , which is why i went for a better option

13 minutes ago, gayankap said:

For the past 6 months or so which i used the x trail i have ran it 35,000 km's and have spent too much on fuel , which is why i went for a better option

35,000km in 6 months? Are you saying you travel about 200km a day? is this a rental car?

If you know you travel that much, was it wise to choose something that big and heavy? Goes back to my very first solution of taking a threewheeler for the exceptional case where your prius can't make it.

ohh well; i dont think this is something wrong with the vehicle. It's about the vehicle being the wrong choice for the type of usage  :) 

Edited by Watchman