• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

7.5 Km Per L Xtrail 2015 4x4 ?

gayankap

Question

On 5/10/2017 at 2:34 PM, gayankap said:

Havent mentioned anything about none ac milage - Vehicle owners in Colombo get their pockets picked while they drive.How does this happen? Simple: As Colombo’s sunlight heats up your vehicle’s interior, your air conditioner has to work that much harder to cool it, draining your fuel tank and emptying your wallet. - picked that up from the web from a genuine tint company - most suv users i know agree ...

Ayyo machan oka sulu deyak ne...

Get some Mcfoil and some rexine. Paste the mcfoil in to the sun/moon roof and stitch the surrounding with the rexine...

• Like 1

Actually the Hybrid Xtrail should do a bit more than that, closer to 10 in town based on what I've seen. Could be because the vehicle is still basically new. My Mazda was doing around 8.5 at the initial stages, which improved significantly after the first service.

4 hours ago, gayankap said:

Bro , Should i stop worring then and keep it ... when will i have to do the first service ... One of my friends said the same thing ... Your car is it the mazda 6 you were reffering to ?

I'm pretty sure Supra was referring to the brand new Mazda 2 he bought. 

3 hours ago, udayap said:

Should someone who can spend 9.0 million odd for a vehicle worried about the cost of fuel!!!!

Well high fuel consumption is an indicator of other issues, so its worth while paying attention to it, but yeah no point obsessing over it...

Edited by Kavvz

On August 22, 2016 at 7:30 PM, gayankap said:

Is this normal ? Heard it does like 11 Km Per L. This was shown on average fuel consumption meter display. Didnt go on long distances though. Its a hybrid and still only 325 km done.

Yes evn i hv a xtrail 2016 fully loadedbought from A*W fues consumption is nil 

is there anyway to improve it?

On August 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM, udayap said:

Should someone who can spend 9.0 million odd for a vehicle worried about the cost of fuel!!!!

Dude i actually spent 9.8 for the xtrail ofcourse we have to worry about the fuel consiumption or else why would we go for a hybrid ? I should have bought a non hybrid, spent so mch for a hybrid expecting to work like 13-15 kmpl but what it does it 7-8 kmpl so worried.

actually i spent so much for a hybrid vehicle for fuel plus its a suv and its brand new, so if i knew it was like a norml petrol which is more like a waste

I have done 6000kms and i hv done the service but stil no improvement i reported to the A*W company as well but they said its normal nothings wrong with the vehicle so i said im really dissapointed that they convinced me it does around 12-13kmpl in city out stations 17kmpl but what it actualy does 7-8 city outstaion 11-12

normal driving condition never rev rpm over 2 always below 2 rpm driving conditons in traffic else wheee

28 minutes ago, weezy said:

Dude i actually spent 9.8 for the xtrail ofcourse we have to worry about the fuel consiumption or else why would we go for a hybrid ? I should have bought a non hybrid, spent so mch for a hybrid expecting to work like 13-15 kmpl but what it does it 7-8 kmpl so worried.

actually i spent so much for a hybrid vehicle for fuel plus its a suv and its brand new, so if i knew it was like a norml petrol which is more like a waste

I don't understand...isnt spending millions for a hybrid for lower fuel consumption and spending less for a non hybrid and save that rest of that money for the fuel is the same? plus for hybrid somewhere down the line you have to spend more to replace a battery too... so the whole plot of buying a hybrid is lost there... isnt it? correct me if im wrong...

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

I don't understand...isnt spending millions for a hybrid for lower fuel consumption and spending less for a non hybrid and save that rest of that money for the fuel is the same? plus for hybrid somewhere down the line you have to spend more to replace a battery too... so the whole plot of buying a hybrid is lost there... isnt it? correct me if im wrong...

Yes exactly ur absolute correct thats one of my point too! 

This is the last time im driving a hybrid so i have learnt a lesson unless u drive a hybrid car its fine if hr gng fr a suv never buy hybrid suv,s so yeah 

55 minutes ago, gayankap said:

Exactly what did the A*W people said about it ? 

They checked the system by plugin there machines etc , they said no fault in the system or errors, its a normal issue it seems so many have complaint it seems so they recommend me now to go flr a pretrol version after selling this. 

Facing a worst situation

1 hour ago, weezy said:

They checked the system by plugin there machines etc , they said no fault in the system or errors, its a normal issue it seems so many have complaint it seems so they recommend me now to go flr a pretrol version after selling this. 

Facing a worst situation

Petrol or Hybrid do not go for Xtrail..Just my personal view.  It's not a vehicle for you If you concern about saving some money on fuel. I also have a friend who use Xtrail hybrid and it's 2WD but still complains that it does around 8 kmpl . But people I know who use Outlander PHEV is happy with mileage they get in Hybrid mood.Most of them reach around 13-14 kmpl figure in Hybrid mood and around 40 kmpl with full charge on plug in. 

2 hours ago, weezy said:

Facing a worst situation

Why not sell it and buy a diesel sprangly used Audi A4 or a BMW F10? Many for sale with plenty of warrenty left.

5 hours ago, pug306xsi said:

Why not sell it and buy a diesel sprangly used Audi A4 or a BMW F10? Many for sale with plenty of warrenty left.

I actually do hve a bmw 520d 2013 its superb in fuel econmy not a single thing to say, but i bought the xtrail for savin money on fuel as well as to use on roads which i cannot go in a car so main reason im using the xtrail daily so its worst on fuel economy other than that its gud 

Dear all,

I am an existing X trail user an HT32, 2015 JDM. 

Well, Nissans are anyway not known for fuel efficiency in the past as well. And if i am not mistaken the hybrid technilogy used by Nissan for the HT32 is not as advanced as Toyota. The MR20DD engine can provide around 120BHP + another 55 BHP odd value is being provided by the hybrid motor , where i feel that Nissan tried to provide a 2.5 litre pulling powered vehicle at 2.0 litre fuel efficiency. The 2.0 litre vehicle anyway is very much under powered for that body. If you know about the UK variant , many comment that the 1.6 litre engine which powered the NT32 diesel was very very sluggish. 

Talking about the gear box issue, if anyone can speak to the agent , they would say that a limited number of vehicles had this issue. The primary issue as per my knowledge is that teh gearbox which was used in the hybrid Xtrail is actually sourced from a lesser known europeon country , which supplies for Renault. If you would go thru the forums you will see that the transmission system has not been previously used by any of the nissan models. i came to know that the metal parts used in this gear box had a certain quality issue where it eroded and causing certain microscopic metal particles be released to the gear oil chamber. Now this specific gear box (pls  see Paul Tan.org to undretsand the full functionality of the gear box) has its transmission processor submerged in the gear oil chamber. Due to these particles , the transmission sensor started giving out errors. That is why many technical forums recommended the gear oil to be changed at very short intervals such as 10k. But mind you thiis was only a small batch of cars where this specific metal type from one certain supplier was used. There are many Xtrails which have even done 100k to date and does not have any issue. 

Nissan did a voluntary recall for all vehicles manufactured between March to Aug 2015 , where they have apologized to the authorized transport body in Japan. (please check the web, it is in japanese so pls use google translate)  Many vehicles in Sri Lanka faced a jerk in the gear box or an error , which made many owners to think that their gear boxes has the same issue. But , many vehicles were rectified by only changing the transmission oil , as the driving conditions in SL commands a more frequent CVT oil change that what the manufacturer recommends (which is 100k). The other vehicles , teh repair is not very expensive , as the repair kit now can be sourced at price lesser than 300k. But for JDM's sadly unless they are covered by the warranty of certain shippers this repair has to be done at the owners expense. Am sure the repair kit can be sourced for lesser amounts.

Nissan did not recommend to repair the gear box of these vehicles but recommended the installation of a new gear box starting from the code 3SZ. if you trace nissan's history on CVT issues , even for minor component faults  they always recommend a gear box change. That is why the local agent never dismantled the faulty gear boxes. 

The agent quotes around 1.6Mn for new gear box (3sz) for JDM replacements, but there are certain institutions who will dismantle and do the repair kit at a much lesser price. Being one of the people who witnessed the dismantling i can say that it is one of the less complicated gear boxes to repair. From a close source i came to know that in Japan to a price close to 500k we can source a new gearbox , which am sure the prices will go down with time. 

So owners who have this issue can opt to either privately import the gear boxes or use an expoerienced repair shop and look at changing the components with the new repair kit. Please do not be disheartened by these various rumors. Yes, a few cars have had this issue , but its not something completely irreversible. Only a bit of "yanking the chain" by the agent for the JDM owners.

Gentleman, apart from this issue , as a whole all Xtrail owners will agree that the vehicle is very comfortable and good to drive. I personally appreciate the space and the looks which was one of the primary reasons to buy that car. many others will have their own reasons. Am not condoning other vehicle brands but i dont think HT32 should condoned in this manner. All of us love our cars as our children, and what ever faults are issues they have we have plenty of reasons to love and adore them, and i think this forum is full of people who love their cars for reasons personal to them.

On fuel i will nt speak , as its a thirsty car. All Nissans are known to be thirsty but have a certain driving charatcteristic like Hondas. ( not speaking about the lower end sedans & hatchbacks)

In my case , the company pumps the fuel so i dont complain. I quetly enjoy my ride , espcialy outstations. But if you are very concerned about fuel consumtion, pls dnt go for this vehicle, and Nissan's as whole. 

Thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gayankap said:

while you keep your eye opened some people struggled with gear box issues still wasting there money on fuel, god help people who brought this vehicle in 4x4 with no warrenty from car sales , the old x trail is as crap as the new one , people who use those knows. no one said we need it to do the fuel figures of a vezel, its not a large  suv its a mid size being a hybrid it does the same as a crv or a prado which is a large suv whats the point ? nissan hybrid system seems a heavy failure. a few will keep silent and jump at anyone who says its crap because they dont want to show that they got cought in this mess, and few will just be heroes without using one, and few will respond without using one, your very silent about how some people in this forum behaved and all of a sudden you appear here advicing us. before you decide anything call A*W , call hybrid hub or u can even call ranjan motors ask about the 4x4 model gear box issues, call u.s. car sales. if you wanna lock this thing up you should have locked it at first place while u see some people (maybe your friends) here fireup for no reason.

The only people who seem to be "fireup" are you and your friend weezy because you came here to whine and found that rest of the forum don't agree with your viewpoint. How I respond and where I respond to a thread is my business entirely so I will thank you to not attempt advising me on that matter.

From the beginning of this thread in 2016 it was very clear that you had bought the vehicle imagining that because it says "Hybrid" on the back it means it should do the same fuel figures as smaller hybrids and you weren't going to accept any other answer no matter what. Because it didn't, you've been looking to whine about it non stop and you seem to get very worked up when people disagree with you. 

Your viewpoint is clear but it's equally clear that there are many people who disagree with it and quite a few of them (myself included) have personal experience with the Xtrail Hybrid. 

So let's not have any further argument on the matter all right? Your friend Weezy decided to go in a rather unfortunate direction because he couldn't handle his anger at people not agreeing with him so he has now been removed from the forum. We'd really rather not have that happen again on the same thread. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

Actually the Hybrid Xtrail should do a bit more than that, closer to 10 in town based on what I've seen. Could be because the vehicle is still basically new. My Mazda was doing around 8.5 at the initial stages, which improved significantly after the first service.

Bro , Should i stop worring then and keep it ... when will i have to do the first service ... One of my friends said the same thing ... Your car is it the mazda 6 you were reffering to ?

Edited by gayankap

14 minutes ago, weezy said:

I have done 6000kms and i hv done the service but stil no improvement i reported to the A*W company as well but they said its normal nothings wrong with the vehicle so i said im really dissapointed that they convinced me it does around 12-13kmpl in city out stations 17kmpl but what it actualy does 7-8 city outstaion 11-12

normal driving condition never rev rpm over 2 always below 2 rpm driving conditons in traffic else wheee

Is it the front wheel your having or the 4x4i ?