• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a Vezel

k119

Hi All,

Planing to buy Vezel X manufactured on 2014 June. 

Reason

Quite good Fuel consumption, better looking

Ground clearance

Compact vehicle for 4 people

Worried - Recalls happens time to time.

2013 October 24 - fit

2013 December 20 - fit

2014 Feb 10 -fit/vezel

When I check with few Vezel experts(local ones :| , Cause its the only possible thing for me) .

1.They told about issue relate with DCT. Looks to be factory fault. Replacement will cost +400000/.But my concern was 

a). Software update should solve this?

b). 2014 June should be on safe side? As last one 2014 Feb.

2. In ability to climb hills. Cannot believe as , How can a Honda vehicle cannot do this when Indian 600cc does it.

I am planning to do a vehicle check at local agents. Can't they find whether my software is updated or any equipment need to replace? 

Anyway , since I am reading lot on this forum , your thoughts and experienced will be quite valuable. BTW contact few people own the vehicle, none had this much of serious issues.

Pretty much all cars have recalls....if you are going to buy a car without any recalls you are going to be waiting for a long long time.

The Vezel is actually not a bad car for what it is. Most people who buy them ought it thinking it would be similar to a X-Trail or a RAV4 or the likes and to be honest Honday even said that the 1500cc engine with the Hybrid motor gives performance similar to a 2000cc Honda car. The reality is far far from it. At the end of the day it is just like any 1500cc car with a bit more pep thanks to the Hybrid motor. When under load it will start suffocating and be out of breath just like any other 1500cc car. Albeit due to its heavier weight it might get suffocated a bit sooner than something like a Fit. I came across one person who said that the Vezel's hill climb was a bit appalling when the battery was almost dead as the system as the system was trying to divert power to both charging and driving the car up a hill. Don't know if this is a norm or if it was something wrong with his car.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Pretty much all cars have recalls....if you are going to buy a car without any recalls you are going to be waiting for a long long time.

The Vezel is actually not a bad car for what it is. Most people who buy them ought it thinking it would be similar to a X-Trail or a RAV4 or the likes and to be honest Honday even said that the 1500cc engine with the Hybrid motor gives performance similar to a 2000cc Honda car. The reality is far far from it. At the end of the day it is just like any 1500cc car with a bit more pep thanks to the Hybrid motor. When under load it will start suffocating and be out of breath just like any other 1500cc car. Albeit due to its heavier weight it might get suffocated a bit sooner than something like a Fit. I came across one person who said that the Vezel's hill climb was a bit appalling when the battery was almost dead as the system as the system was trying to divert power to both charging and driving the car up a hill. Don't know if this is a norm or if it was something wrong with his car.

Had the same feel about Vezel performance. Any idea about this DCT issue few talking about. ?

27 minutes ago, k119 said:

Had the same feel about Vezel performance. Any idea about this DCT issue few talking about. ?

This is common for Vezel, Fit and Grace , sharing same DCT. The problem is this technology  still at it's early stage and Honda not yet released this version to the international market . It's available only in hybrid versions and not in conventional gasoline models. . The HR-V which is the international version of Vezel still carrying CVT gear box. I have noticed significant delay in acceleration in Honda Vezel compared to Toyota Aqua and Toyota Axio Hybrid. Just my experience. I don't think Vezel is having a critical problem in performance when climbing up hill. Recently I noticed many Wagon R hybrids climbing Kandy - Nuwara Eliya route without much effort. 

12 hours ago, AbeysinghE said:

This is common for Vezel, Fit and Grace , sharing same DCT. The problem is this technology  still at it's early stage and Honda not yet released this version to the international market . It's available only in hybrid versions and not in conventional gasoline models. . The HR-V which is the international version of Vezel still carrying CVT gear box. I have noticed significant delay in acceleration in Honda Vezel compared to Toyota Aqua and Toyota Axio Hybrid. Just my experience. I don't think Vezel is having a critical problem in performance when climbing up hill. Recently I noticed many Wagon R hybrids climbing Kandy - Nuwara Eliya route without much effort. 

Oh so ts due to the gearbox, I noticed it too. 

7 hours ago, Magnum said:

Oh so ts due to the gearbox, I noticed it too. 

Clutch engage delay. Sometimes done on purpose to smoothen the launch. There should be no delay when shifting from 1st to up. 

As an owner who use 2014 Dec Vezel and has clocked 50K as at date 

1.I have driven it to Horton plains and Piduruthalagala with 5 people on board. No issues experienced. Pickup, battery or otherwise

2.There is a slight delay in acceleration.  But for me considering the price range and type of vehicle its not an issue. Yes its not as good as my Mazda but its way better than the Vitz and N16 (17 in local terms) i used to have.

3.I know few people who had issues with battery draining out. You can go to the agent. They give a scan report on battery condition and also update on status of latest software.

So if you are expecting performance/comfort of a Land Cruiser, Land rover forget about it. But compared to an over priced Axio its a far better vehicle. I bought it for Rs.4.65Mn unregistered 250Km milage. So second hand market value for me is also ok.

• 1 year later...