• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What is the best model of Toyota 121?

deshan.048518

Question

Hello Guys,

I'm planning to buy a used Toyota 121 and my budget is 2.9Mn to 3.1 Mn.. I have red several reviews in this forum and what i have seen is some toyota 121 versions doesnt have a good fuel consumption..

My requirement is a Toyota 121(Manual or Auto) or other sedan car with a good fuel consumption..pls suggest me that what version and what cc of Toyota 121 does more fuel??? Or will u recommend me another vehicle to buy for this budget...Im interested in Wagonr also....but feels more to 121.

Edited by deshan.048518

On 8/16/2016 at 9:22 PM, deshan.048518 said:

Thank u sathyajith....there are 121's for my budget but lots of them are J n H numbers...I'm worried about the second hand demand of these J n H numbers...do u think I have to go with a K no? or else J or H numbers have a good demand?

The more I read your posts, the more I'm getting closer to getting a cancer :P

Edited by NRX
Was intoxicated ( not by drugs or alcohol)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

lol before buying the car itself thinking of selling it... :D facepalm! 

sounds to me like,

research on fuel economy and resell value rather than intending to buy. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

so... people who buy vehicles which does not have a good second hand market value are stupid... whilst people who buy a 15-20 year old 150,000+Km vehicle is knowledgeable.... hmmm 

Well i guess i was one of those knowledgeable people who suddenly became stupid... :huh:

I guess its all about utility for each person...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Quiet said:

so... people who buy vehicles which does not have a good second hand market value are stupid... whilst people who buy a 15-20 year old 150,000+Km vehicle is knowledgeable.... hmmm 

Well i guess i was one of those knowledgeable people who suddenly became stupid... :huh:

I guess its all about utility for each person...

Completely agree...

13 hours ago, deshan.048518 said:

Ya thank u for your comments....but im thinking abouth the second hand market of lancer? Does it have a good demand?

You buy the car for lesser than a 121, you sell it for lesser than a 121. So what exactly is the problem here ?

• Like 2

If u get ur hands on a well maintained 121 u won't be dissapointed until u take those bends in break-neck speed.body roll is there.manages to take corners somehow but scares u a little bit.i myself have one for over 4 years now (2000 yom,g grade automatic) car never gave me a trouble.once u buy a 121 get some cash ready for some running repairs like engine tune-up,transmission fluid change,steering rack repair,ac cooler repair,suspension repair (shock absorbers,tie rods etc) if it has around 130k on the odo.anyway those repairs won't cost u a fortune.the 1.5l model has enough performance for day-to-day driving and sometimes i feel the power is amazing for a 1.5l car.for long journeys the car is very calm and relaxing.steering is numb,and light.pretty spacious.good on fuel.best i got so far is 19.5kmpl.handles bumps well.if u plan to buy one go for 2002+ yom model which has nicer shell and rear lights.

Your best option is i think the corolla 121.but the problem is finding a well maintained one.last week i had a strange experience.one of my relation's honda fit gp1 suddenly stopped and then we took it  to a garage.then he had to replace the whole gearbox because the previous gearbox was cracked and the clutch is destroyed.cost him 120k.after replacing the gearbox the mechanic told that the 'check engine' sign lit up.then he took about 2 days and repaired the whole car with his teacher (mr.sarath madanayake).what he said was the car had been damaged while it was in japan,and the sensors were not correctley connected.therefore an i.c in the computer box also had been removed.the car had only done 19k kms.y.o.m 2013.and the car was in pristine condition.

what i have to say is don't rush.get the car checked well by the agents or a specialized person before you buy it.infact is saw in ik**n.lk the whole engine and gearbox of the 121 costs only 70k,while the gp1 gearbox costs 120k.

Eventhough the wagon r is newer and more economical than the 121 the ride quality of the both car differs alot.if an engine is noisy the long journeys would be tiresome.so the wagon r engine is pretty noisy and also located closer to the driver.when travelling at speeds over 60kmph the engine cries.

just make sure your choice would make yourself satisfied after the payment.

On 8/19/2016 at 11:34 AM, deshan.048518 said:

what about nissan N17 1.5cc?? How is the fuel consumption of that?

One of my friend owns both N17 super saloon 1.5l and corolla 121 x grade 1.3l auto.according to him 121 is far better.he says it's more comfy economical and better to drive.he also mentioned thet he will never sell the 121.i don't know the truth but he said so.also he is the one who persuaded me to go for a 121,and has been owning the car for more than 10 years

On 8/16/2016 at 9:22 PM, deshan.048518 said:

Thank u sathyajith....there are 121's for my budget but lots of them are J n H numbers...I'm worried about the second hand demand of these J n H numbers...do u think I have to go with a K no? or else J or H numbers have a good demand?

I myself own a H number, but many people asked me about the car.after a week i bought the car there was a price hike and a guy was ready to buy my car for 5lakhs more than the price i paid for it.if u have any garbage from toyota u can sell it here in sri lanka

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DhoRK said:

One of my friend owns both N17 super saloon 1.5l and corolla 121 x grade 1.3l auto.according to him 121 is far better.he says it's more comfy economical and better to drive.he also mentioned thet he will never sell the 121.i don't know the truth but he said so.also he is the one who persuaded me to go for a 121,and has been owning the car for more than 10 years

121 More comfy than N17? huh i used to own a N17 and my office vehicle was a 121. Comfort wise N17 is much better. However fuel economy wise N17 is far far worse

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DhoRK said:

honda fit gp1 suddenly stopped and then we took it  to a garage.then he had to replace the whole gearbox because the previous gearbox was cracked and the clutch is destroyed.cost him 120k.after replacing the gearbox the mechanic told that the 'check engine' sign lit up.then he took about 2 days and repaired the whole car with his teacher (mr.sarath madanayake).what he said was the car had been damaged while it was in japan,and the sensors were not correctley connected.therefore an i.c in the computer box also had been removed.the car had only done 19k kms.y.o.m 2013.and the car was in pristine condition.

off topic but remember reading this thread earlier on the Gp1. Would you care to update the thread so that anyone who encounters similar issues may be able to refer.

2 minutes ago, HaeylM said:

Marketing cars on AL forums lol....  u resurrected a thread that is 4 years old and for a car that is not that spoken of today ?

I have the perfect antidote!

Bet no one would want to buy an 121 after seeing this. This is the kind of people who'd own an 121.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I have the perfect antidote!

Bet no one would want to buy an 121 after seeing this. This is the kind of people who'd own an 121.

I couldn't help but giggle uncontrollably when the 'setup' turned on and music started blaring.

9/10 for attempt though, got to respect that attitude.

Happy I went for an EP91 as opposed to a 121 XD

15 hours ago, Quiet said:

121 More comfy than N17? huh i used to own a N17 and my office vehicle was a 121. Comfort wise N17 is much better. However fuel economy wise N17 is far far worse

I told what the owner said.before i bought the car,i inspected n17,n16,fb15,mazda axela.Anyway what you are referring should be a brand new imported one,which has stiffer suspension setup and high ground clearance.what i mentioned was x grade jdm.there is a well noticable difference beteween the ride quality of a jdm and a b/new import.but the seats of the sunny are too soft and makes u shrink???.another friend of mine got a 1.3l manual xli yom 2006 with same odo feels like travelling in a lorry.