• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Transmission issue in Lancer CK2

kdw

Question

Hi,

I have a Lancer CK2 (2000/ Automatic/ EFI) and it has done 183000Km. Last week suddenly i got a gear transmission issue after i traveled from Colombo to Kandy. When i change the gear to "D" , Gear was getting engaging with a DOCK sound and "N" light on the dashboard was started to blink. When i accelerate car was moving slowly. Then i went to a near garage and did a scan. Result was "54 ELC relay open" issue (Image has been attached). but that mechanic didn't have any idea to repair that, he checked the relays in engine compartment and he interchanged some relays and said he cant find the ELC relay. After few minutes i started my car and issue was not there.Then i came to Colombo and still i didn't get that issue. But i think i need to check that from a good mechanic. Is this a serious case? What should i do..? Is there any good mechanic around colombo ?  Your responses are much appreciated. 

Car AT scan result.jpg

7 answers to this question

Did the mechanic try clearing the code ? was it a permanent code ? The N light flashing would have made the auto gearbox not change gears and be at some default gear which explains the "When i accelerate car was moving slowly." does the gear still change with a DOCK sound ? maybe the ELC relay got stuck ? . 

However its hard to diagnose a problem which is intermittent . Try to somehow replicate that problem. If it doesn't come back forget about it :P 

15 hours ago, Muditha420 said:

i am not sure IF this is correct and sure some one will be able to point you to the right direction but Code 54 seems to be "No cam Signal at PCM"

Code 54 from the ECU would be No cam signal. i hav no idea why this is so  . maybe its different for the TCU or maybe coz its a Launch x431 and not an MUT scanner

In the layout diagram of the engine fuse box, locate the relay that is against a symbol that says "A/T" and get that relay checked. It shouldn't be too expensive to replace, so I'd get it replaced anyway if I were you. This I believe is the first point of diagnosis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dushyantha said:

Did the mechanic try clearing the code ? was it a permanent code ? The N light flashing would have made the auto gearbox not change gears and be at some default gear which explains the "When i accelerate car was moving slowly." does the gear still change with a DOCK sound ? maybe the ELC relay got stuck ? . 

However its hard to diagnose a problem which is intermittent . Try to somehow replicate that problem. If it doesn't come back forget about it :P 

Code 54 from the ECU would be No cam signal. i hav no idea why this is so  . maybe its different for the TCU or maybe coz its a Launch x431 and not an MUT scanner

Hi Dushyantha,

Thank you very much for your reply. I don't have any idea whether he cleared the code or not.. He said that he cannot find the ECL relay and check this from another place if the issue occur again.  No ther was any dock sound while the car moving. Sound came when changing gears manually. 

9 hours ago, Davy said:

In the layout diagram of the engine fuse box, locate the relay that is against a symbol that says "A/T" and get that relay checked. It shouldn't be too expensive to replace, so I'd get it replaced anyway if I were you. This I believe is the first point of diagnosis.

Hi Davy,

Thank you very much for your reply. It is difficult to read the diagram as it is not clear. i will attach image to this. i think i have to go to a good place to check this. I checked the relay price from UM and Price is 6240/= LKR. And they will import the relay on customers order. Should i go to that place or can i find good parts from panchi...

RElay box.jpg

^DD841672D77CE8E39B42D6A963F3826E421560428A1212F7BA^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

try panchikawatta.. you should be able to find one for a cheaper price.. UM motors will give you big no's for spare parts.. You won't believe they just asked 1500rs for my lancer gear bush (each). since i needed 4 of them, i just got it re-bushed for lesser cost.