• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing a Quad bike to SL

john cooper

Hello All

Hope all of you guys doing good, Need information about importing a Quad bike to Sri Lanka, We going to use this with in the land so don't want to register it (i am sure it not possible too)

Has anyone here who had done this before?

The Quad i was looking 2008 Honda TRX420 which is 420cc is this allow to import?

Any tax for this Quad bikes?

Thank you

regards

JC

6 hours ago, john cooper said:

Hello All

Hope all of you guys doing good, Need information about importing a Quad bike to Sri Lanka, We going to use this with in the land so don't want to register it (i am sure it not possible too)

Has anyone here who had done this before?

The Quad i was looking 2008 Honda TRX420 which is 420cc is this allow to import?

Any tax for this Quad bikes?

Thank you

regards

JC

You can find plenty of old jeeps without registration books for the fraction of the price of a quad bike. Get one of those.

29 minutes ago, Quiet said:

even if you do not register it. You are not allowed to import by customs

Oh please. Of course you can. I've seen one being used. I don't know the owner that well, else I'd ask him for you 'john cooper' but the fact that there are quad-bikes kicking around is proof that its possible. 

Also why not just tell customs that you're just going to be racing the damn thing in some obscure off-road race category? Or tell them its for a tourist resort (at your house! :P ) That should work to fend off any further enquiries shouldn't it? 

• Like 1

Just checked the HS Code listing of SL Customs in their CD but could not find a HS Code (under 8711/8703 etc) that fits  into the description of a quad bike. So those that are running here like ATV beach bikes could have been imported as disassembled parts. Usually that's how these 1000CC and 600CC bikes land here.

• Like 1

My knowledge may be a bit old here but you may have to get MoD clearance to bring in a 420CC bike. You will need an ICL to bring in a vehicle that's more than 2 (or is it 3 now?) years old. Or if you have enough political influence or ability to grease some palms, you may be able to get this done without any clearances. You might also fish around for info whether carnet allows this.

All this hassle for a bike is not really worth it. If I were you, I would rather get an old VW beetle, strip it off and make a buggy out of it or get something like a little buddy lorry, like terra mentioned.

On 8/12/2016 at 4:01 PM, Kavvz said:

Oh please. Of course you can. I've seen one being used. I don't know the owner that well, else I'd ask him for you 'john cooper' but the fact that there are quad-bikes kicking around is proof that its possible. 

Also why not just tell customs that you're just going to be racing the damn thing in some obscure off-road race category? Or tell them its for a tourist resort (at your house! :P ) That should work to fend off any further enquiries shouldn't it? 

Spoken with a bike importer and ask to dismantle it and send with few boxes

1 hour ago, john cooper said:

Spoken with a bike importer and ask to dismantle it and send with few boxes

that's the way things are done here but customs guys know it very well and they have a nose to sniff out these things (even if you dismantle the bike, you still have to bring the frame in one piece). so it comes at a risk. evaluate the risk and return first and decide.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/17/2017 at 3:50 AM, HustlersPB said:

So did you you bring your ATV down?

No, but i heard last week Cabinet paper for quad bike import to SL to improve the tourism, unsure if this is to do with the Bajaj 4 wheeler :lol:

Any one got any update?

regards

JC

• 10 months later...

Hi We are the sole agents for Polaris ATV in Sri lanka, 

Polaris Industries Inc. is a global power sports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACER all-terrain off-road vehicles; Slingshot motor-roadsters; Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles.  Headquartered in Minnesota (USA), Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe.

The Company's line (excluding military vehicles) spanned 61 models, and included two-, four- and six-wheel drive general purpose, commercial, recreational and side-by-side models. The Company produces or supplies a range of replacement parts and Polaris Engineered Accessories for its ORVs.

If you need any ATV please call us on 0770106086

Sportsman 450 HO Blue.jpg

Sportsman 450 HO saga Green.jpg