• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a Car for 2.2M

asanka_rg

Question

Now i'm owing a cruze. Recently I'm planning to change the car with following requirements . I just prefer Japanese vehicle but comment on others brands are also welcome.

Good Ground clearance

Fuel Economy (14-15km/L)

Spare Parts availability

Comfort Drive

Personally I found following cars

Toyota :Starlet, AE110, Vitz old one, ???

Nissan: FB15, 

Suzuki: kei, alto 2003/4, 

Mitshubishi: Lancer CS2

Please give your comments on above vehicles as well as your suggested cars will be highly appreciated :)

18 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Jor-el said:

From cruze to a Lancer CS2 is a downgrade? :o:o

lets see, for 2.2M he is either looking at a pre facelift CS2 or a facelift 2003 or so CS1. i am not gonna say the CS series lancers are bad. CS1 is a bit underpowerd but still nice to drive and all BUT. its not much of a improvment from his Cruze. The CS in this case is not much of a upgrade and nor is it much of a downgrade,
plus his concerns are spareparts availability. i dont know about colombo, but in kandy and kurunegala he will have better chance sourcing Cruze Parts than Mitsibuishi parts all together.

• Like 1

In terms of ground clearance Vitz is not a good candidate. Current vehicle you have has ticked most of your requirements. Try for a 2003/4 IST for an upgrade if possible else keep your Cruze for a while and save some cash.

• Like 2

For your requirements there's no other better option in that price bracket. Save on that money n just upgrade the cruze with either a new paint job, rims, sound system, upholstery etc. You'll be happier on the long run ;) Its a very good car to own!

• Like 2

Believe me still the cost of spares for this would be way less than say maintaining an euro. If you do have to change id say go for its cousin the HT swift. Basically the same car with all the benefits you have already on the cruze + better/cheaper spare part availability ;)

• Like 1

Going for any of those cars is a downgrade, the Cruze is a good car, just keep it, i have seen body parts everywhere in Akurana and Gelioya areas in kandy and other engine parts are the same as the Swift. your better off with keeping the Cruze.

55 minutes ago, Schiffer said:

Going for any of those cars is a downgrade, the Cruze is a good car, just keep it, i have seen body parts everywhere in Akurana and Gelioya areas in kandy and other engine parts are the same as the Swift. your better off with keeping the Cruze.

From cruze to a Lancer CS2 is a downgrade? :o:o

Agreed! Driven both the cruze & the swift. Have to say love the cruze way better. Spare part issue is there but understand its quite a relative thing. As schiffer said you just might have to look around a little harder, but stuff is there. Keep the cruze & do some cosmetic mods to keep things interesting. Youd be happier in the long run