• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accident repair garage + Insurance claim

thara7

Hi all,

I met with an accident on today & damaged rear buffer, back side door & left side light set.

Vehicle: Toyota passo, 2010

kindly help me on followings.

1. I have MBSL full insurance, I need to know from your experience, MBSL will offer the total 'Accident repair cost' from insurance or not?
2. Suggest me a repair shop near IDH,Kaduwela,Rajagiriya..? is QUICKFIX, ABATALE is good?
3. May I need to go to TOYOTALANKA for this body repair?

Thanks for your valuable time.

WP_20160730_12_10_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20160730_12_11_02_Pro.jpg

Sorry to hear about the accident. Looks like you'll have to replace the tailgate, bumper and tail light + straighten out the inner panels behind the bumper. 

2. Try "Sha Auto Park" Kaduwela. They're work is pretty good IMO. Got a full paint job done once and some other minor body repairs. I had SLIC and all I had to do was submit the car and collect it after the repair. Google for their website & directions. Note that this was during the 2011 - 2013 period, but I think they are still operational. 

• Like 1

Before you repair the car you have to submit an estimate to the insurance. If they approve the estimate they will pay the full amount, if they don't agree to the cost they will communicate at the time. Do not get it repaired before the estimate is approved. 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 2:03 AM, thara7 said:

Hi all,

I met with an accident on today & damaged rear buffer, back side door & left side light set.

Vehicle: Toyota passo, 2010

kindly help me on followings.

1. I have MBSL full insurance, I need to know from your experience, MBSL will offer the total 'Accident repair cost' from insurance or not?
2. Suggest me a repair shop near IDH,Kaduwela,Rajagiriya..? is QUICKFIX, ABATALE is good?
3. May I need to go to TOYOTALANKA for this body repair?

Thanks for your valuable time.

WP_20160730_12_10_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20160730_12_11_02_Pro.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, Davy said:

Sorry to hear about the accident. Looks like you'll have to replace the tailgate, bumper and tail light + straighten out the inner panels behind the bumper. 

2. Try "Sha Auto Park" Kaduwela. They're work is pretty good IMO. Got a full paint job done once and some other minor body repairs. I had SLIC and all I had to do was submit the car and collect it after the repair. Google for their website & directions. Note that this was during the 2011 - 2013 period, but I think they are still operational. 

Stay away from both places mentiond. I have visited Sha Auto Park twice for a simple wash & vacum. Never visited again. I have seen thier accident repairs & was not impressed with the workmanship. Just my two cents.

Also do not reapir before the quotation issued by the garage has been approved by the insurance firm.

No experience with MBSL but it's funny why you drop the question to the forum asking if MBSL will approve the full payment or not.... You should have checked it & cleared your doubts at the point of signing the policy.

Recently did a panel painting, a cut & polish from Cars Auto World in Peliyagoda. Later I got to know they have a partnership with Mag City & Mr Paint. Have seen many neagtive comments of these two institutions, but I'm satisfied with the final outcome.

25 minutes ago, Crishan said:

Stay away from both places mentiond. I have visited Sha Auto Park twice for a simple wash & vacum. Never visited again. I have seen thier accident repairs & was not impressed with the workmanship. Just my two cents.

Also do not reapir before the quotation issued by the garage has been approved by the insurance firm.

No experience with MBSL but it's funny why you drop the question to the forum asking if MBSL will approve the full payment or not.... You should have checked it & cleared your doubts at the point of signing the policy.

Recently did a panel painting, a cut & polish from Cars Auto World in Peliyagoda. Later I got to know they have a partnership with Mag City & Mr Paint. Have seen many neagtive comments of these two institutions, but I'm satisfied with the final outcome.

Just curious, what exactly did you observe at Sha? Was it recently? When I got my jobs done, it was only a few months since they had setup shop and the men who worked there were pretty good.

Back then, body repairs were headed by a guy (painter, tinkerer, panel beater) who had worked in the middle east for many years + who had German Tech certification. I don't remember his name now, but I can vouch for his work because I never set my eyes off my car during the month it was there and I was more than satisfied with how the job turned out. Maybe he has left.

One of my neighbours also submitted their car to this place after it was badly rear ended. And they did so on my recommendation. I saw the car after the repair and they had done the job to perfection.

54 minutes ago, Davy said:

Just curious, what exactly did you observe at Sha? Was it recently? When I got my jobs done, it was only a few months since they had setup shop and the men who worked there were pretty good.

Back then, body repairs were headed by a guy (painter, tinkerer, panel beater) who had worked in the middle east for many years + who had German Tech certification. I don't remember his name now, but I can vouch for his work because I never set my eyes off my car during the month it was there and I was more than satisfied with how the job turned out. Maybe he has left.

One of my neighbours also submitted their car to this place after it was badly rear ended. And they did so on my recommendation. I saw the car after the repair and they had done the job to perfection.

Hi Davy,

I too visited the first time when it was newly opened. At that time they only did the service & did not even have the paint booth. They started collision repairs under the initial management. But the ownership of the business has been changed. AFAIK it must have happend last year.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Planning to get a accident repair done from j********i Aotu Center at Hunupitiya, Colombo.

Is this a good place for Paint Work? Any good or bad experiences? 

thanks in advance!

https://www.google.lk/maps/place/j********i+Fulloption+Auto+Center/@6.9153821,79.8558453,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3ae2596c0c7560c7:0xd3fc41eaff43edf5!8m2!3d6.9153768!4d79.858034?hl=en 

Edited by dinran

thanks for the reply!

I went there to see the facility today and had a look around  the work they do.

seems good... there was a gentleman name Michael,  a kind of Workshop  Manager, seems knowledgeable and  concerned about quality.

there was properly operating Paint Booth as well. Was this there at that time?

Despite it does not look "posh" it seems they do a good job now.