• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

alarm sound

akboselk

Question

my car  alarm triggered suddenly ( like beep beep ...  beep beep and flashing all signal lights ) and not sure what was the reason.

this has happened twice and then I disabled the security system and lock the car with only the Key.

After an hour that happened again.  ( this time beep ..    beep  .. )

What could be the reason for this alarm sound .?  Is this due to the battery draining ?  ( Exide battery almost 4 yrs 2 months old now. It is the same one when i purchase this car - brand new)

appreciate your help / idea

1 answer to this question

When the security system triggers, it will start alarm sound + flashing lights which is normal. The system can trigger in many ways like opening a door, shocking the body, pressing the remote key button etc..

If it is automatically triggering, try to check following things in the order.

1. Check the shock sensor module. It may be too sensitivity. There is a small adjuster on it and try to decrease the sensitivity. Sometimes that module may faulty.
  2. Check all door switches. They may poorly/randomly connect to body (ground) after the doors are closed too.
  3. When last two times it alarm, were you sufficiently nearby to the car with the remote key ? The micro switches in the remote key too can stick randomly when its spring lost the tension. But this occur in lock/open switches mostly.