• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
rangerover

Leather seat restoration

Hi,

could any of you recommend a place to get my leather seats restored. I just purchased a BMW e36 and am almost done with the mechanical restoration. I need to a good place to clean and re dye my seats. I don't feel reupholstering is necessary as there are no rips or tears on any of the seats

magictouch at jubilee post used to do it. But they seem to have run out of stock when I spoke to them

appreciate any input on this matter and a possible cost for such a restoration

as an alternative, are there any good places to get the seats reupholstered if need be?

thanks in advance

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Deans at Colombo 6 is good for re-upholstering !

Edited by Frank

Hey rangerover.. I am searching for a place too.. did you find a place to get the seat restored. 

I think Nawala Cushion Works is one of the better places out there. But I think they are bit pricey.

On 7/25/2016 at 8:40 PM, rangerover said:

Hi,

could any of you recommend a place to get my leather seats restored. I just purchased a BMW e36 and am almost done with the mechanical restoration. I need to a good place to clean and re dye my seats. I don't feel reupholstering is necessary as there are no rips or tears on any of the seats

magictouch at jubilee post used to do it. But they seem to have run out of stock when I spoke to them

appreciate any input on this matter and a possible cost for such a restoration

as an alternative, are there any good places to get the seats reupholstered if need be?

thanks in advance

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back to Bavaria eh? What's the engine on the 36? 

As to your question, Check with Deens on havelock road and perhaps Magic cars in Rajagiriya (contact details are available online).

If you're going to start with a clean up/leather treatment application would recommend Doctor Auto in Kohuwala as they are really good. Don't know if they re-dye though.

Yes. Couldn't keep the bug out for too long. Went for just a weekend runner this time. Its a 318is. Runs a M42.

I checked with Deans and NCW. They both quoted between 240k - 260k for the entire interior. I mainly need to get the two front seats done as the rear set just needs a good clean. Managed to source a brand new set custom tailored from the states for around 50k.

Will try Doctor auto for the clean up.. thanks