• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[[[[[[ AutoLanka.com Revamped Website - 2016 ]]]]]]]

MADZ

Hi guys, pls check out our revamped autoLanka.com website and let us know what you think of the new look. If you come across a module that is not built yet, please bear with us..we will fix it in coming days.  We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Enjoy!

-MADZ-

The site looks great MADZ.!

Quick question on the new forum though, i cant see an option to use/edit a signature. Are signatures not allowed in the new forum? Just trying to figure out how to find my signature on the old forum, because my signature was actually built/updated over a number of years. :(

• Like 2

Looks nice MADZ . will take some time getting used to but it looks good :) kudos for having that google custom search bar ... at least now people will use that and not create new threads for each question that pops in their minds.

• Like 1

Sent MADZ a PM about this; the forum link from the homepage, and directly entering the url forum.autolanka.com causes Chrome to throw an error stating there are too many redirects.

16 minutes ago, terrabytetango said:

Sent MADZ a PM about this; the forum link from the homepage, and directly entering the url forum.autolanka.com causes Chrome to throw an error stating there are too many redirects.

@terrabytetango can you try now..i think i managed to fix that

1 hour ago, MrCat said:

The site looks great MADZ.!

Quick question on the new forum though, i cant see an option to use/edit a signature. Are signatures not allowed in the new forum? Just trying to figure out how to find my signature on the old forum, because my signature was actually built/updated over a number of years. :(

@MrCat I'm sorry for that..yep they have taken down all the signatures. Anyway if you can describe how it looks like maybe I can dig up and see if I can find it for you. 

• MADZ pinned and featured this topic

Nice layout...

Just a couple of suggestions

• Lose the welcome message. Welcome messages on websites are so-1998. Instead, have a one-liner below the logo banner that acts as a punchline
  • Isn't there a better place to have "Auto Parts Buy and Sell for Free" link?
  • The logo doesn't really go with the rest of the webpage. While the autoLanka.com logo is an evergreen one, similar to Coke:) Suggest a font change maybe?

On 7/22/2016 at 9:36 AM, Twin Turbo said:

Congrats on the bigger , better new layout.

Cheers!      :action-smiley-033:

Thanks @Twin Turbo 

On 7/22/2016 at 3:28 PM, Crosswind said:

Nice layout...

Just a couple of suggestions

• Lose the welcome message. Welcome messages on websites are so-1998. Instead, have a one-liner below the logo banner that acts as a punchline
  • Isn't there a better place to have "Auto Parts Buy and Sell for Free" link?
  • The logo doesn't really go with the rest of the webpage. While the autoLanka.com logo is an evergreen one, similar to Coke:) Suggest a font change maybe?

Thanks @Crosswind 

I agree with you regarding welcome message. It is there mainly for search engines but it will be replaced with something exciting. 

Point 2 also noted. Will consider.

As for the logo I have already done a small change by removing one of the arrows. It is not possible to do further change to the logo, but we will resize it to match with the rest of the web site.

I really appreciate your feedback.

On 7/21/2016 at 1:15 PM, MADZ said:

@MrCat I'm sorry for that..yep they have taken down all the signatures. Anyway if you can describe how it looks like maybe I can dig up and see if I can find it for you. 

That will be great MADZ. 

My signature basically had a list of cars I`ve owned, with a brief description of each. That bit of text is all i need. :(  If you could access the database direct (dont know whether the forum is still using the old database or whether it`s migrated to a new DB somehow), perhaps it`s still attached to my user record? 

1 hour ago, MrCat said:

That will be great MADZ. 

My signature basically had a list of cars I`ve owned, with a brief description of each. That bit of text is all i need. :(  If you could access the database direct (dont know whether the forum is still using the old database or whether it`s migrated to a new DB somehow), perhaps it`s still attached to my user record? 

Here you go, my good friend :lol:

nxxPFxT.png

• Like 1

On 7/23/2016 at 1:27 AM, kusumsiri said:

Nice site with full screen view. Feel loading quicker than old site. External links (advertisements) are opening in same window. Is that a must ?

@kusumsiri Thanks for your comments. I think it's happening only for text Ads. Will try to fix that out if possible.

1 hour ago, MrCat said:

That will be great MADZ. 

@MrCat All signatures are still intact...

1993 Daihatsu Charade – Gone. Damn, this was one heck of a reliable little car. Changed my perception on Dai`s.
1998 Suzuki Jimny – Gone but never forgotten. Good bang for the buck when it comes to off-the-road fun.
2009 Toyota Corolla – Gone. Just couldn't live with it.
2007 Honda Civic – Gone. Had enough fun with the rev happy 4-banger.

2011 Nissan Tiida - Gone. Cheap A to B runner.
2014 Subaru BRZ - Gone. The most authentic/analog driving experience on offer for the money.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Wagon - Gone. Cheap and practical.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1985 Ford Laser – Still around, potential future project.

2009 Mazda 6 Wagon - Daily hack. Great option for a passionate 'SUV hater'.

1997 Land Rover Discovery - Part time project and weekend runner. Semi-retired.

1996 Mazda MX-5 (JDM - Eunos, VR Limited Edition Combination B) - Track car + weekend runner.

Got a Rover...!! De-greaser is my Friend....!

• Like 1

How to find multiple Make under 'Refine Search' ?

Eg. if I need to find makes Ford or Mazda in same time, what should I do ? Multiple selection under 'Make' drop-down box is not possible. Also 'Keyword' not working when I type 'Ford Mazda'.

(The quick site having 'Check Boxes' under 'Brand' so possible to select many)

Edited by kusumsiri