• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Axia is it a good car to Buy ?

spindain

Safety-wise it's a far better option than the competing Indian models. But, I don't think it's worth 32 lakhs as you can easily find better second hand Japanese/Korean models for that price range.

And there's a rather annoying bug in this model where the engine vibrates when it's in idle. In the long term I’m not sure how this type of an issue will impact the car.

A friend of mine who bought one of these was complaining about this and I have seen some guys complaining about this same issue in UNIMO's FB page as well.

I think it's better if you can check with the agent whether they have a permanent fix for this bug before making any decisions.

I know many users who are very happy with the Axia and in fact recommended the car to many others.

Commenting on the price, considering the option level, quality of the overall vehicle and safety aspects in today's context feel the price is reasonable.   

I might be being too judgmental here. Of course the Axia is a reasonably good car. But @Frank; why am I seeing someone who have just joined A/L suddenly started endorsing UNIMO’s products such as the Axia & Attrage? Guerilla Marketing? ;)

Vibration could be due to engine being 3 pot. Axia has 1KR-DE2 which is similar to 1KR-Fe found in Vitz 1000cc which has the same observation.

Edited by hrm

3 hours ago, hrm said:

Vibration could be due to engine being 3 pot. Axia has 1KR-DE2 which is similar to 1KR-Fe found in Vitz 1000cc which has the same observation.

This could well be the reason.

As I know; so far they have not come up with a solution for this and therefore most probably it’s an inherent issue with this model. Although personally I have not experienced it, I’ve heard from my friend that this vibration is rather annoying. Similar comments made by other users can be seen in the internet as well.

16 hours ago, LashNeo said:

This could well be the reason.

As I know; so far they have not come up with a solution for this and therefore most probably it’s an inherent issue with this model. Although personally I have not experienced it, I’ve heard from my friend that this vibration is rather annoying. Similar comments made by other users can be seen in the internet as well.

Issue was there in the Kelisa and to a certain extent in the Viva Elite too. It's in their genes i guess. 

17 hours ago, Frank said:

LashNeo just shared my thoughts ! didn't know that stating the facts was called endorsing :-)

its only my opinion  !!! Chill

Hmmm... is it merely a co-incidence that you have suddenly created a profile and started "endorsing" both the Axia and the Attrage which happen to be sold by the same dealer? 

Edited by matroska
Typo corrected.
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2016 at 0:47 PM, LashNeo said:

I might be being too judgmental here. Of course the Axia is a reasonably good car. But @Frank; why am I seeing someone who have just joined A/L suddenly started endorsing UNIMO’s products such as the Axia & Attrage? Guerilla Marketing? ;)

Been wondering the same thing myself actually.

On 7/20/2016 at 11:48 AM, Frank said:

I know many users who are very happy with the Axia and in fact recommended the car to many others.

Commenting on the price, considering the option level, quality of the overall vehicle and safety aspects in today's context feel the price is reasonable.   

Frank, FYI Guerilla marketing is not tolerated on this forum, so kindly refrain from doing it. It COULD be possible that you're simply a rabid fan of Unit#d Mot#rs' products but your current actions are a bit suspicious. So we'll be keeping an eye on you.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys, I am curious about buying this vehicle. Most of the users were having the vibrating issue and high fuel consumption. Did these get fixed after driving for some time? Hows the vehicle holding up since it's release in 2015? When I inquired the price from Un#mo, they said that a new model (2017 version) is available with a VVT-i engine plus some cosmetic upgrades for 80k more from the base price (31,95k). Have any of you guys experienced the new model? What do you guys recommend out of the two? 

Thanks for reading my long question. :-) 

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of the same car. The agent quotes 3,275,000. This is my first car. I've driven a company maintained Maruti 800 sometime back. 

My budget is around 3-3.3mil max & wouldn't mind a second hand/ reconditioned as long as I'm not sold a piece of junk. I've been suggested to look at the following models as well.

Daihatsu Mira

Celerio

KIA Picanto

Hyundai iGrand

Toyota Aqua 2015 Hybrid (i'm told it's around 3.4 mil).

Fuel consumption, not running to the garage on and off and spare part availability (ideally in the long run) are some of my concerns.

What do you suggest? Tia :)

Edited by Rochelle

12 hours ago, Rochelle said:

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of the same car. The agent quotes 3,275,000. This is my first car. I've driven a company maintained Maruti 800 sometime back. 

My budget is around 3-3.3mil max & wouldn't mind a second hand/ reconditioned as long as I'm not sold a piece of junk. I've been suggested to look at the following models as well.

Daihatsu Mira

Celerio

KIA Picanto

Hyundai iGrand

Toyota Aqua 2015 Hybrid (i'm told it's around 3.4 mil).

Fuel consumption, not running to the garage on and off and spare part availability (ideally in the long run) are some of my concerns.

What do you suggest? Tia :)

I assume this is the newer Mira - it's a decent car but it severly lacks pulling power - you might not notice a big difference if your previous car was a maruti 800.  Overall out of the lot you've mentioned if a Picanto with warranty fits your budget it's a good car to buy - has a  very nice finish to it and Kia's from agents come with solid warranty. I have a friend who uses it and he is very happy with it. The Axia is also a reliable car and again comes with warranty from Agents. I've used a perodua before and the agents are one of the better agents in SL.  I'd avoid the celrio ...and there are too many tampered/dodgy Aquas around these days it's better avoided though it is a larger/overall better car than the others.  I'd go with a Picanto or Axia - down to your preference. Both are ok choices. Fuel wise if it's an auto it will do around 10 kmpl in city. Don't expect it to be very frugal just because it's small. 

in Summary 1. Picanto 2.Axia 3. i10 4. Mira  5. Aqua 6. Celerio

I would throw the i10, Aqua and Celerio straight out of the window.

i10 - not value for money. Too much to spend for an Indian-made car with Indian build quality

Aqua - horror stories of Aquas are just beginning to emerge. The all important 'resale value' will plummet in the future

Celerio - The magnetti marelli gearbox is neither auto nor manual. Its a nightmare to drive. 

That leaves you with Axia and Picanto. Both are great cars. If you are conservative, go for the Axia. If not, go for the Picanto.

To expand on my blatant statement earlier.

Axia (or Picanto or something) is the safer choice (as you can see). You get a brand new car with an agent's warranty. You won't be getting caught to all the lying, cheating, unknowns about used cars and won't be subjecting yourself to below par quality of some of the Indian vehicles.