• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CJ5" data-cid="239540" data-time="1368106495"><p>

<br />

Sampath,<br />

<br />

Do you have any issues with the interior plastics??? Switches etc??? Any issues in closing all the doors with the shutters fully up?</p></blockquote>

Nothing about interior plastics. A noise comes from the hatch lid and the roof it seems. Closing all doors seems a bit of a problem cos the air get stuck inside

Sampath,

Do you have any issues with the interior plastics??? Switches etc??? Any issues in closing all the doors with the shutters fully up?

Sampath,

Do you have any issues with the interior plastics??? Switches etc??? Any issues in closing all the doors with the shutters fully up?

Nothing wrong with switches. No issues with plastic parts.

Faults found in Viva Elites are,

(1) Spilling batteries

(2) Pre mature of shock absober mounts

(3) Caliper pins

All of them replace by Unit#d Mot#rs under warranty without any hesitation.

We have 3 Viva Elites in my family. (1) & (2) already replaced for two of them under warranty.

Doors can easily close if you touch with the outer door handle. (Otherwise need more pressure , I guess this is because of thick rubber beading they used. This is not a major issue. All those are Elakiri boy's funny ideas, you may find it if you search older post here :sport-smiley-004: )

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

do u actually believe anything in elakiri? anyways whats with your attitude of b*tching anything other than japanese cars?

You have jumped to conclusions. I was merely clearing a "doubt" with members on this forum who were owners of the Elite.about the elakiri post as well as some adverse comments I have heard through others about the Elite.

Just because I make clarifications to clear a doubt, how do you come to a substantiated conclusion that I have an "attitude of b*tching anything other than japanese cars"??????

Edited by CJ5

Now this is not a issue limited to you guys now is it?

Since Viva Elite is very thin bikers and three-wheelers try to over take/ beat most of the time. These fools have hit and just gone like nothing happen more than 5 times while I am in the traffic.

(1) Spilling batteries

(3) Caliper pins

We have 3 Viva Elites in my family. (1) & (2) already replaced for two of them under warranty.

Doors can easily close if you touch with the outer door handle. (Otherwise need more pressure , I guess this is because of thick rubber beading they used. This is not a major issue. All those are Elakiri boy's funny ideas, you may find it if you search older post here :sport-smiley-004: )

Sampath, What is the Caliper pin problem? How to check it?

But at 2.4 mill it is outrageous,
. A noise comes from the hatch lid and the roof it seems. Closing all doors seems a bit of a problem cos the air get stuck inside

(1) Spilling batteries

(3) Caliper pins

Doors can easily close if you touch with the outer door handle. (Otherwise need more pressure , I guess this is because of thick rubber beading they

Absolutely none of the above issues or for that matter any issues so far with wifey's Jap Alto, running perfectly and smoothly at 45000kms now. :). Even the previous Maruti 800 she had did not have any issues except we had to change the cooling fan at 30,000kms from new.

Sampath, What is the Caliper pin problem? How to check it?

In my Viva thudding sound came out . I replaced the caliper bush(Rs 200) and applied some graphite grease that's all.

When you are replacing the front brake pads I would advice to replace the bush because some times old bush tares when reinserting the pin.

(1) Spilling batteries

(3) Caliper pins

Dear Sampath,

Please tell me how to identify above three faults? specialy, how to check shock mount problem?

Thanks

Sampath,

Could the low profile tyres (55s) of the Elite be a reason for the shock mount failure?

Dear Sampath,

Please tell me how to identify above three faults? specialy, how to check shock mount problem?

Thanks

(1) Spilling batteries

Battery acid came out and spilled and damaged to the paint work of metal parts close to the battery.

17662787.jpg

26110477.jpg

New battery replaced under warranty & repainted paint work damaged area at free of cost. (Keep in mind that warranty period for electrical items including battery is one year from the date of purchase your car.)

13614527.jpg

(2) Pre-mature shock absorber mounts

Ride became uncomfortable. However, when you do wheel alignment at Unit#d Mot#rs, they check shock absorber mounts too. If found faulty, replace them under warranty.

44046995.jpg

59069904.jpg

20050463.jpg

73623148.jpg

(3) Caliper pins

Noisy when drive through uneven roads. Not replaced yet.

Special note: l am not attached to Unit#d Mot#rs or not promoting Unit#d Mot#rs. Just to inform Viva Elite owners, if you have these defects, get them repair under warranty at free of cost. It will save your money. :)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

@ Sampath,

Is there any condition that Unimo is not giving warranty if the vehicle is transferred to 2nd owner?

Im driving Viva Elite 2012/May Registered car and I'm the 2nd Owner.( Warranty upto May 2014)

I think i have this Shock issue, so better to check it from them.

Any comment on this ownership issue?

@ Sampath,

Is there any condition that Unimo is not giving warranty if the vehicle is transferred to 2nd owner?

Im driving Viva Elite 2012/May Registered car and I'm the 2nd Owner.( Warranty upto May 2014)

I think i have this Shock issue, so better to check it from them.

Any comment on this ownership issue?

I checked my warranty issued in May 2011 and found no detail on ownership change.

Better to check with Unit#d Mot#rs.

Anyway you ask warranty certificate from previous owner.

Or simply you take your car to Unit#d Mot#rs and try. I think ownership change won't be a problem.

Hi, to all viva owners. I just wanted to let all viva owners that i got a buzzer fixed for my viva elite which makes a sound when you lock & unlock the car. It does not void the warranty as there are no wire cutting involved, its just a plugin device, its been very useful as during the day it helps you to know that your car is locked & unlocked. It cost me only Rs. 2500/- but a pretty useful addition to the viva.

Hi, to all viva owners. I just wanted to let all viva owners that i got a buzzer fixed for my viva elite which makes a sound when you lock & unlock the car. It does not void the warranty as there are no wire cutting involved, its just a plugin device, its been very useful as during the day it helps you to know that your car is locked & unlocked. It cost me only Rs. 2500/- but a pretty useful addition to the viva.

Why cant you see the the turn lights blinking !!when you lock/unlock the vehicle,Usually OEM key less entry systems comes without those stupid buzzers.

Get your point, but how do you see the lights burn during the day,,when its bright & sunny, also could be locked from a distance even if the car cannot be seen & you suddenly remember the car is not locked, since i have it fixed i feel the difference,...

Edited by firaz

By your logic, a car's signal lights are useless if its a bright and sunny day. And would you rely on a buzz to know that the doors of your car locked or would you rather hear the actual latching sound of the locks.

I personally feel the buzzer is overkill and more of a "hey look at me, i have a security system" than something functional.

Well..i never feel this way....even the higher end cars have the buzzer...i guess its just a personal choice.

I agree with you it's your personal choice but what I feel is it is a useless aftermarket add on. By the way please tell me what are the high-end cars comes with buzzers.

• MADZ featured and unfeatured this topic