• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

On 5/27/2019 at 9:53 PM, kusumsiri said:

@Admin shall we merge this thread to following one ?
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/17894-viva-elite-community/

Thanks @kusumsiri. Threads merged.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:36 PM, Devin said:

I got my brothers viva elite 2012 awhile back. He bought it brand new.

There was a sound coming from front left side wheel as we drive. As if something is rubbing against another.

But suddenly the sound stopped, and I feel that brakes are not working well (weak, takes time to stop. Back wheels skid when brake at high speed). My conclusion is front left wheel brakes are gone.

What is the fix for this? Do I need to install new brake pads. How much will it cost? Anyone else had this issue? Car noob btw. Thanks.

@Devin, there is a known issue in the Viva Elite with the front brake calliper pins. Read through this thread and you will find more info. Like Kusumsiri said, I suggest you get the car checked out immediately. Do not drive with malfunctioning brakes. 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2019 at 5:23 PM, kusumsiri said:

Firstly welcome to the forum.

When you hear a new/abnormal sound check it rather using the car and see what happen. That is best practice. Because this is brake related, you will risk your, passengers and pedestrians lives too.

According to your explanation, It is very clear that there is a problem on the front left side wheel.  Visit to a nearest garage safely and ask them to check it if you don't have skill to do so. Guess any garage can find the reason and fix this job.

@Admin shall we merge this thread to following one ?
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/17894-viva-elite-community/

Thanks for welcoming.

We had to keep the car idle for like 5 months. Bad for the car I know. First we thought the noise is from some corrosion and hoped it would reduce as we drive. But with weak brakes we stopped driving. I'll get it repaired and post here what happens.

Thanks for introducing me to the thread.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:53 AM, Davy said:

Thanks @kusumsiri. Threads merged.

@Devin, there is a known issue in the Viva Elite with the front brake calliper pins. Read through this thread and you will find more info. Like Kusumsiri said, I suggest you get the car checked out immediately. Do not drive with malfunctioning brakes. 

Okay Davy, I'll get it repaired and share the results.

5 hours ago, Devin said:

Okay Davy, I'll get it repaired and share the results.

Hope you go to Unimo to fix it. I had bad experience doing brake job for a different car from a brake shop in Panchikawatta though I got recommendation to that place. IMO Unimo is a safe bet for repair.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:25 PM, kmeeg said:

Hope you go to Unimo to fix it. I had bad experience doing brake job for a different car from a brake shop in Panchikawatta though I got recommendation to that place. IMO Unimo is a safe bet for repair.

20 hours ago, peugeot407 said:

Last time when I visited UNIMO repairs were handled by apprentices without any supervision and they are clueless of what they are doing. Unfortunately, this the common practice at most of the agents.

I live in Panadura. I was thinking of going to the nearest place and check it up. You know, a place recommended by villagers ;)

Do you guys know any good place?

Edited by Devin

5 hours ago, Devin said:

I live in Panadura. I was thinking of going to the nearest place and check it up. You know, a place recommended by villagers ;)

Do guys know any good place?

Unit#d Mot#rs Rathmalana can be recommended. I have had problems properly diagnosed and repaired by Unimo Guys in two of my Viva Elites previously. If you do not mind the long distance, Unit#d Mot#rs Orugodawatta can be better recommended. The Service Advisor Randika at Orugodawatta is an expert when it comes to Viva's. 

3 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

Unit#d Mot#rs Rathmalana can be recommended. I have had problems properly diagnosed and repaired by Unimo Guys in two of my Viva Elites previously. If you do not mind the long distance, Unit#d Mot#rs Orugodawatta can be better recommended. The Service Advisor Randika at Orugodawatta is an expert when it comes to Viva's. 

Agree. Might be worth to get in touch with Randika at Unimo Orugodawatta. 

Update - All though I'm sick of all the lies with sales people at Unimo Union place I really like working with Randika. He was very honest and helpful.

Edited by kmeeg

10 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

7 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Agree. Might be worth to get in touch with Randika at Unimo Orugodawatta. 

Update - All though I'm sick of all the lies with sales people at Unimo Union place I really like working with Randika. He was very honest and helpful.

Many thanks for all of your help! I'll see what I can do.

4 hours ago, ajm said:

is this brake problem also affecting the follower model Axia?

My issue is a one off case you don’t have to worry about it.

Btw I got it checked. The brake rotor was pretty badly damaged to the point that contact with brake pad was low. 

Pads were weak too.

Buying a new rotor, pads and few minor related things from Unimo tomorrow. 

Found a place few hundred meters away from my home. A big operation and got recommended by many personal friends. Luckily I live close.

I’ll mention the cost info after the repair for future lads.

Ty.

How's everyone doing.. here's the cost breakdown as promised.

Unimo cost for front left brake rotor (disc), front brake pad set & caliper washers - Rs. 21,745

Repairing cost - Rs. 1,900

Total Rs. 23,645

Next in line for me is doing a full service from autom**aj. After that, smooth cruising. See you fellas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

How's everyone doing.. here's the cost breakdown as promised.

Unimo cost for front left brake rotor (disc), front brake pad set & caliper washers - Rs. 21,745

Repairing cost - Rs. 1,900

Total Rs. 23,645

Next in line for me is doing a full service from autom**aj. After that, smooth cruising. See you fellas.

Any particular reason not to get the full service from UNIMO too?

After the engine wash incident and threatening a customer with violence I thought people would avoid autom**aj like the plague

My brother used the car before and he got the service from autom**aj. I'm new to the driving club but I did researched what you were talking about.

What do others think?

Autom**aj or Unimo?

20 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

After the engine wash incident and threatening a customer with violence I thought people would avoid autom**aj like the plague

Better to avoid automakabaas. I was really happy with Unimo service at orugodawatta. I know you don’t need synthetic oil for Viva but when I requested they were happy to give me what I wanted and even I went inside the stores when they pick them. To me Unimo service dept was very helpful and open. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Better to avoid automakabaas. I was really happy with Unimo service at orugodawatta. I know you don’t need synthetic oil for Viva but when I requested they were happy to give me what I wanted and even I went inside the stores when they pick them. To me Unimo service dept was very helpful and open. 

Hahaa.. that settles it.. ty ?

5 hours ago, kmeeg said:

To me Unimo service dept was very helpful and open. 

To me too... they don't have that attitude most auto-technicians seem to have, the notion that they don't have to listen to the customer or take his concerns seriously because they're the ones who have automotive degrees and overalls and the safety gear and whatnot. They are exceptionally open about what they're doing to our cars (they let you stay next to your car and observe everything) and what they're putting into our cars.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, Hyaenidae said:

exactly. Even if you consider the costs, Unimo costs are fair and the things they do in a Full Service actually makes sense when you compare it with the shitload of BS you see in Autom*r*j service bills which were posted in those wagon r groups on fb. 

• 2 months later...

Hi fellow viva owners,

I bought a 2013 elite which was test drove by a friend because I am new to driving. Now I feel that when I accelerate the car, RPM quickly goes to 3 pass and Speedometer is not catching up the tachometer. sometimes RPM is at 3 when the speed is at 40KmpH. Fuel economy is also not good.

I think this may be slipping transmission issue according to google. I will take the car to a garage within a week. Anyone here do have such a experience or any information is highly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, Dann888 said:

Hi fellow viva owners,

I bought a 2013 elite which was test drove by a friend because I am new to driving. Now I feel that when I accelerate the car, RPM quickly goes to 3 pass and Speedometer is not catching up the tachometer. sometimes RPM is at 3 when the speed is at 40KmpH. Fuel economy is also not good.

I think this may be slipping transmission issue according to google. I will take the car to a garage within a week. Anyone here do have such a experience or any information is highly appreciated.

This might be normal. When accelerate from low speeds engine revs up pretty quickly and speed follows gradually. This depends on load slope...etc. More load the higher it takes to acquire speed.

But again im not an expert on your model. Better drive a similar specimen and check for yourself.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, pantheraleo said:

Hi All, 

I have two spots where the paint is gone and a bit of rust, is there compound that I can apply to make it disappear or should I take to a garage 

62E2F9DE-FDBD-41AC-B79A-134B6D8206DF.jpeg

99E8EB2F-DFEC-4071-8BF2-B42DC89DA080.jpeg

Judging by the size:

Use a bit of vinegar and apply in that spot and wait for maybe 5 minutes.

(clean the area with water afterwards and immediately dry)

Then using touch-up paint with the same color code or a similar silver/grey tone and just apply a tiny bit.

But honestly, I'd wait until it becomes a bit more bigger and then I'd sand it carefully, apply some filler and then touch up.

Edited by □AVANTE□

3 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Judging by the size:

Use a bit of vinegar and apply in that spot and wait for maybe 5 minutes.

(clean the area with water afterwards and immediately dry)

Then using touch-up paint with the same color code or a similar silver/grey tone and just apply a tiny bit.

But honestly, I'd wait until it becomes a bit more bigger and then I'd sand it carefully, apply some filler and then touch up.

Thank you Avante, would a car scratch remover help ?

After using vinegar to remove the rust of course

Edited by pantheraleo

10 minutes ago, pantheraleo said:

Thank you Avante, would a car scratch remover help ?

After using vinegar to remove the rust of course

I use the 'Formula1 Scratch out' paste/compound which is great for removing dried bird poop, gum, tree sap & light scuffs. I think such a remover will help too! 

Edited by □AVANTE□
  • Like 1