• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I need to know how I would know that it is time to change ATF in my VIVA elite? It has done 42000 Kms and I am not aware whether it has already been changed or need to change anytime soon ( I bought it at 41000 kms) . I don't feel any running issues, but I am not an 'expert' either :)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

I need to know how I would know that it is time to change ATF in my VIVA elite? It has done 42000 Kms and I am not aware whether it has already been changed or need to change anytime soon ( I bought it at 41000 kms) . I don't feel any running issues, but I am not an 'expert' either :)

Thanks in advance.

You should not wait until the issues prop up in your transmission to change ATF. Then it will be too late. Assuming the previous owner has not changed ATF it is high time you do it immediately. The ATF change interval is 40,000 kms for your car.

You should not wait until the issues prop up in your transmission to change ATF. Then it will be too late. Assuming the previous owner has not changed ATF it is high time you do it immediately. The ATF change interval is 40,000 kms for your car.

Oh ok, thanks. Any idea how much this costs?

• 1 month later...

A/C repair and service done

After running 56,000km within four and half years and my car A/C system was out. I felt cooling was dropping gradually and two days ago suddenly lost the cooling totally. Taken my car to Mr.Mhesh Mudannayaka at Sri105, Peliyagoda. Done a superb job. Had to replace evaporator. Also replaced cabin air filter, all “o” rings and fully serviced the A/C system and now A/C works pretty fine.

1_zpskpxfunel.jpg

2_zpsrn3ik6rb.jpg

3_zpsg54hngly.jpg

5_zpsqzhqpshh.jpg

6_zpskbxrgzeq.jpg

7_zpsdbllqxki.jpg

8_zpsujapxh6a.jpg

9_zpsosrytl30.jpg

10_zpsdh068zfg.jpg

11_zpsvbykbfjh.jpg

Cont.

• Like 3

That seems to be one heck of a clean up / service and repair job Sampath. Do you mind sharing the AC guys charges for the job?

I'm contemplating giving up my present AC guy for this one. Can you share his exact location and any other details about him / his operations?

From what little I know of auto AC, this seems to be an excellent job. And after completion that temperature at the vents, is pretty unbelievable.

I might sound stupid but can anyone tell me, if it's actually possible to get such a low temp reading in a car's airconditioning?

That seems to be one heck of a clean up / service and repair job Sampath. Do you mind sharing the AC guys charges for the job?

I'm contemplating giving up my present AC guy for this one. Can you share his exact location and any other details about him / his operations?

From what little I know of auto AC, this seems to be an excellent job. And after completion that temperature at the vents, is pretty unbelievable.

I might sound stupid but can anyone tell me, if it's actually possible to get such a low temp reading in a car's airconditioning?

Hope mentioning his contact details will not violate any forum rules.

Mr.Mahesh Mudannayaka - Tel: 071-4725522

His work place is situated at the beginning of Colombo-Katunayaka Expressway at Peliyagoda. (SRI105 Auto AC).

He works alone and no golayas. Takes time but ultimately goods job end of the day. (He repaired my previous Jap Alto A/C as well)

Total job was Rs.17,000 including all materials.

I am not an expert on auto A/C subject.

The temperature shown is the lowest inside air vent. It does not mean that cabin temperature will be 9.7 Celsius.

After the job, kept few minutes A/C on and gradually temperature drops and was stable around at 10 -11 Celsius (in side the vent).

I hope there is no issue with instrument calibration. (Correct me if anything has gone wrong)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys ,

First of all i wanna thank you all for sharing you knowledge with others. I got my VIVA ELITE Manual 1000cc car last month with 55000km mileage. I noticed poor feul consumption and decided to do a tune-up at Unimo (Orugodawatta). when i went there i had some other repairs too. Im sharing them for anyone's future reference.

Brake pad : costed 6500 + service charge

Shock Mounts : 10500 +Service charge

Engine tune-up : 12000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday i felt that my clutch is malfunctioning. Vehicle seems running underpowered and clutch pedal seems little bit tight. Also i've been noticing that spring sound in clutch pedal which was told to me that its the noise coming from release bearings. I called Janatha Motors and they said that there is a japan set for 13000 plus they can arrange a garrage to carry out the repair for 3000-4000 .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is, is it ok to run like this for a small period as i need to prepare money for this repair ???

Your answer is much appreciated !!!

Edited by sahanperera90

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bump the thread, but how does fender lining wear out? When I had my Vios, the fender liner fell on the wheel and there was a hole worn into it by the time I stopped, but the one on the opposite wheel was fine, and that was on a 10 year old car.

• MADZ featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I enjoyed a lube service at free of cost (both labour and material), offered by Unit#d Mot#rs, Orugodawatta. (Under 5 to 1 Lube Service Rewards: After five consecutive lube services, sixth service is totally free of cost)

They offered me a voucher last year and I had five consecutive lube services with the voucher. 45000km,50000km,55000km,60000km & 65000km & today 70000km service (6th service) was totally free of cost which is valued Rs. 7857/=. Also Unit#d Mot#rs issued me a new voucher today. If you do regular service at Unit#d Mot#rs, please obtain your ‘5 to 1 Lube Service Rewards voucher’ from them.

(Disclaimer: This post is just to make aware the members and not for any means of promoting Unit#d Mot#rs. Also please note that there were some terms and conditions.Mods, if this post violate any forum rules , please delete it. )

5 to 1.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Seems Perodua still keep trying to improve caliper pin design .

Replaced caliper pins for the second time at mileage 71,000km.

At the beginning caliper pin design was with 2  ‘O’ rings , then no “O” rings and now with 3 “O” rings.

New caliper pin set cost me Rs.8,300/= . (Unit#d Mot#rs)

However second design (no “O” rings) worked me well for better mileage than 1st design did.  

18102016 Caliper Pins.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

hi fellow viva owners, I have a doubt whether my IAC valve is functioning properly because when I switch on the AC, the idle RPM does not increase straight away, it stays somewhat the same with a small variance back and forth. can someone confirm me that the idle RPM goes straight up when AC is switched on? thanks in advanced

• 3 months later...

Fixing Viva Elite Caliper Pin Noise

The caliper pin of Viva Elite is prone to wear out soon and give the irritating clunking noise when going over pot holes or bumpy roads.

One of the fixes is to replace the caliper pins with new pins which are bigger in diameter. I got an aftermarket caliper pin set from J*n*tha Motors today and got it fixed.

A simple process that takes only about 2 hours.

17861562_10209506256919346_2574746040880

These are the aftermarket caliper pins that are a little bit higher in diameter than the original pins. if the original ones are fixed, the noise will still be there as caliper hub has also worn out and the diameter has increased.

17862329_10209506257559362_8254627346770

The new caliper pin has a rubber cover halfway through the pins so that it will not create the clunking sound.

17862751_10209506258079375_3486900340364

getting the wheel removed from my bass down the road.

17903448_10209506256599338_3124485527896

the caliper pins currently fixed were too tight, had to put a lot effort to take them out.

Notice the lower caliper pin. This mofo gave so much trouble coming out. It was too tight and the thread had become almost round.

17861737_10209506254519286_5247391140602

finally out and fixed. the sound has completely gone now. the caliper don't play songs now when going over bumbers/ pot holes etcetra.17903513_10209506254239279_1073671851915

I also lost the left fog light cover due to a dog attack, probably yesterday when coming home and I noticed it today in the morning.

17862487_10209506310240679_4474883062194

Got one left fog light covers from J*n*tha Motors and put that in place. all good now.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I got my brothers viva elite 2012 awhile back. He bought it brand new.

There was a sound coming from front left side wheel as we drive. As if something is rubbing against another.

But suddenly the sound stopped, and I feel that brakes are not working well (weak, takes time to stop. Back wheels skid when brake at high speed). My conclusion is front left wheel brakes are gone.

What is the fix for this? Do I need to install new brake pads. How much will it cost? Anyone else had this issue? Car noob btw. Thanks.

Edited by Devin

47 minutes ago, Devin said:

I got my brothers viva elite 2012 awhile back. He bought it brand new.

There was a sound coming from front left side wheel as we drive. As if something is rubbing against another.

But suddenly the sound stopped, and I feel that brakes are not working well (weak, takes time to stop. Back wheels skid when brake at high speed). My conclusion is front left wheel brakes are gone.

What is the fix for this? Do I need to install new brake pads. How much will it cost? Anyone else had this issue? Car noob btw. Thanks.

Firstly welcome to the forum.

When you hear a new/abnormal sound check it rather using the car and see what happen. That is best practice. Because this is brake related, you will risk your, passengers and pedestrians lives too.

According to your explanation, It is very clear that there is a problem on the front left side wheel.  Visit to a nearest garage safely and ask them to check it if you don't have skill to do so. Guess any garage can find the reason and fix this job.

@Admin shall we merge this thread to following one ?
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/17894-viva-elite-community/

• Like 1