• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

Dear friends, My viva elite car has done 30000 km and I'm planning to replace front tyres. I have heard that it can be used tyres with large balloon size. It may increase ground clearance and reduce vibrations running on rural roads. Please share your experience on this matter.

I believe "balloon size" is a local term that refers to the width of the tyre (the width of the surface that comes into contact with the road) and not the height of the sidewall. Therefore, going for a tyre with a larger "balloon size" will not increase ground clearance. Increasing the overall size of the wheel shouldn't be done randomly. There will be side effects starting from your speed o' meter showing an incorrect reading (and thereby the ODO clocking incorrectly) to suspension issues such as the wheel touching the wheel well when the steering is on full lock.

Tread pattern of inner side of tyre is almost gone. I'm second owner and I don't know what was happen before buying.

If one or more of your tyres have uneven wear, that means there is something wrong with your wheels or your car's suspension. For starters, get a wheel alignment and balancing done. Going for new tyres while the car's suspension is out of alignment will cause your new tyres to wear out quickly.

Thanks Davy and udararaj, this is my first car and don't have much knowledge on vehicles. It is somewhat uncomfortable on rural roads when drive. I thought that wearing of tyres is cause for this umcomfort nature or problems with suspensions. I may check wheel alignments and suspensions. Can we use 175/55r14 tyres which same wide and high sidewall height or any other.

Yes, odometer reading will be incorrect with large tyres. Vehicle will faster than odo reading. I think we can't use 175/55r14 which will not be tally with rim size. What about 165/65r14.

If your rim size is 14", then both the tyre sizes you have specified will fit your rim without an issue. It's the overall diameter of the entire wheel that changes and cause the aforementioned side effects.

175/55R 14 means:

1. The width of the tyre is 175mm

2. The height of the sidewall is 55% of the width (175*(55/100)mm)

3. R is for Radial

4. 14 is the compatible rim size in inches, in this case 14 inches

Are your tyres properly inflated and are your shock absorbers and other suspension components in good order? You should first check if your car's suspension has an issue before thinking of changing tyre sizes. If your wheels are out of alignment, they are in constant tension at all times and this is felt, especially when the car travels over rough surfaces.

Thanks Davy and udararaj, this is my first car and don't have much knowledge on vehicles. It is somewhat uncomfortable on rural roads when drive. I thought that wearing of tyres is cause for this umcomfort nature or problems with suspensions. I may check wheel alignments and suspensions. Can we use 175/55r14 tyres which same wide and high sidewall height or any other.

Before you go for wheel alignment, please check the condition of your shock mounts. If they are not in good condition you have to replace shock mounts. (Please check post number 63 in this thread posted by me. ) . Because if your shock mounts need to replace , without replacing them going for wheel alignment is pointless. I replaced shock mounts around 15000km as I remember and had to replace again in last month at 50,000km. This is very common with Viva Elites.

You may take your car to Unit#d Mot#rs - Orugodawatta. Because they always make attention on the condition of shock mounts when you go for wheel alignment. If your shock mounts are not in order, they will tell you before do wheel alignment.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2db58k9.jpg

thnks mate. its a safe vehicle. we didn't get any impact and four people were inside the car. 80+ KMPH :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

80 ??? it was something around 110 maybe 120 , well i actually was in the back seat, you Sir lol never mind , sorry for bouncing an old post

Hi Guys, I recently bought a Viva elite 2010 - Auto.

I have a few issues in the car which I need help from you guys.

1. I was told the car actually does around 12 km/l with A/C in city limits. But as per my calculations, I think it does around 8.5-9 km/l. I am not sure if I did the calculation correct, so I need someone to help me calculate the fuel efficiency the proper way. - This is my first car. :)

2. The front bumper keeps getting loose in the last week or two. the clips keeping it connected to the body keep removing and I replaced the clips from a shop in Delkanda, it doesn't seem to sort the issue. Still the clips keep removing and it is getting removed from the sides too :( - please advice how I can fix this and recommend a place I can get this done for good.

Thanks

How to calculate fuel consumption:

1. Pump a full tank of fuel.

2. Reset the trip meter to zero.

3. Use the car as you nowmally would till you consume about 3/4 of the tank.

4. Top up fuel to a full tank. Observe the amount of petrol pumed.

5. Observe distance traveled as per trip meter.

Fuel consumption = DistanceTravelled / FuelPumpedTheSecondTime

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

I think watch man gave the correct way doing the calculation.

I have a Viva auto and it does 12-13 in average in the city and 15-18 outstation. All these will depend on your driving style , time you are driving. Road condition etc. Even mine sometimes does 9 in a heavy traffic.

Also you better inspect your car via Unit#d Mot#rs. I believe that's the best thing rather going other places. There are other maintainance activities you need to do for better fuel consumption like engine tune up for every 20000km. Further change the automatic gear oil if your car s auto in 40000km interval. Bumper guard check with unimo they will tell you what you need to do.

since your car s a use in ask unimo to check shock mount caliper pin also. Those are common running repairs come.Further if it is auto car check the breakpad as well. I guess the best thing is take it to unimo and ask technical advisor Randika to do a inspection he will help you what need to be done

I think watch man gave the correct way doing the calculation.

I have a Viva auto and it does 12-13 in average in the city and 15-18 outstation. All these will depend on your driving style , time you are driving. Road condition etc. Even mine sometimes does 9 in a heavy traffic.

Also you better inspect your car via Unit#d Mot#rs. I believe that's the best thing rather going other places. There are other maintainance activities you need to do for better fuel consumption like engine tune up for every 20000km. Further change the automatic gear oil if your car s auto in 40000km interval. Bumper guard check with unimo they will tell you what you need to do.

since your car s a use in ask unimo to check shock mount caliper pin also. Those are common running repairs come.Further if it is auto car check the breakpad as well. I guess the best thing is take it to unimo and ask technical advisor Randika to do a inspection he will help you what need to be done

Thank you.

If on average, if your Auto does 12-13 km/l I think it is very good and that is the range of fuel consumption I am expecting too. Yes, I think I need to go for an engine tune up. Do you have any idea how much Unimo charge for that? Or any other place you've done before/ suggest?

How to calculate fuel consumption:

1. Pump a full tank of fuel.

2. Reset the trip meter to zero.

3. Use the car as you nowmally would till you consume about 3/4 of the tank.

4. Top up fuel to a full tank. Observe the amount of petrol pumed.

5. Observe distance traveled as per trip meter.

Fuel consumption = DistanceTravelled / FuelPumpedTheSecondTime

Thank you, I would calculate another time with the way you have suggested and see how it goes, which makes lot of sense. Thank you very much.

also note that Viva has a notorious fuel tank, sometimes you ca actually fill up to 7 L after fuel pump automatically cuts of (due air trapping inside the tank). best option is to get a monthly average. FYI my manual one does around 12 kmpl in traffic.

Thank you.

When you guys say 'driving style' matters for better efficiency, I am not sure what differences I should be making in my driving style in normal city limits. Can someone tell me what kind of practices while driving decreases fuel efficiency so that I can try and avoid.?

Thank you.

If on average, if your Auto does 12-13 km/l I think it is very good and that is the range of fuel consumption I am expecting too. Yes, I think I need to go for an engine tune up. Do you have any idea how much Unimo charge for that? Or any other place you've done before/ suggest?

"@ Zaffy"
Unimo will charge 10000.00 per engine tune up. I would suggest you to go Unimo for engine or gear box related matters. If you take outside you can find places for cheap prize. But there s a risk and im not sure about the quality. I did two tune ups so far i feel it s worth of going for unimo and doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Today Unimo quoted following prices for Viva,

Pressure plate:Rs 9627

Clutch plate: Rs 9850

Clutch Bearing: Rs 9612

Where as I inquired from Panchikawatte they quoted me both pressure plate and clutch plate Rs 7000 from Valeo . Does any body know what is the OEM brand for perodua?

May I know your mileage and the month & year you purchased the car?

Did you check the parts with Janatha Motors, Panchikawatta( 071-3190234) or with Thai Motors (077-7919777)?

Hi. Did you buy the above mentioned clutch/pressure/bearings? If was it from uni motors or any other brand?

• MADZ featured and unfeatured this topic