• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

Ok...if you have not seen the high end cars with buzzers take a look at this video,

I have also seen a lamborghini with buzzer sound.

Still doesnt exactly make the buzzer any less tasteless.

Btw since visibility is the main issue for you why dont you get a string of LEDs and stick them all around the car.

We've also seen cheesy tagline and catch-phrases stuck on the back of BMWs.. it still doesn't make those phrases any cooler than on a three-wheeler.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys

i have some question regarding engine tune-up on viva elite auto.

my car is 20000KM done ane when i call for un#mo they told me, it recomended to do a engine tune up at 20000KM. they also told me that would cost me around 14000 :o :O

1.does engine tune-up is neccessry?

2.if i didnt do it on time, what would be the impact?

3.will it be impact for engine parts and that may lead more costly repairs?

(Actually im bit broke on these days and i would like to do the engine tune-up after another 3 or 4 months.. )

please put your valuble comments....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
need a advice from you guys...plss

i need to buy headlamp for my elite, and un*m* parts are really costly. is there any other shops who import original spareparts for a reasonable price? if so pls do let me know. and is there any place to buy reconditioned parts for elite?

Thai Motors, 395C Highlevel Road, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.

Tel: 011-2823200 , 0777919777

Running with low fuel damage the fuel pump in fuel tank.That pump should be dipped in the liquid fuel in EFIs.If it is not the temperature rises and damages it. Frequent running with low fuel causes replacing this pump AS SAID BY ENG. LAL ALAWATHTHA. So everyone have to maintain average fuel level ( half or at least above quater of tank).You guys don't know this thing....?? :speechless-smiley-006::sad-smiley-058:

Running with low fuel damage the fuel pump in fuel tank.That pump should be dipped in the liquid fuel in EFIs.If it is not the temperature rises and damages it. Frequent running with low fuel causes replacing this pump AS SAID BY ENG. LAL ALAWATHTHA. So everyone have to maintain average fuel level ( half or at least above quater of tank).You guys don't know this thing....?? :speechless-smiley-006::sad-smiley-058:

I don't agree with you.usually there is a sump like area inside a fuel tank where the submersible pump is installed so pump will be submerged in liquid even your fuel level drops.But it is not advisable to use the vehicle continuously when the fuel warning lamp lights up.(In case of the VIVA digital fuel gauge starts to blink)

Just because Lal Alwatte said it, doesn't mean its true...

You're quoting the wrong post S_N.

But I agree with your point, Just because some guy get's on TV (not that the program that features him is credible to begin with), doesn't make every word coming out of his mouth accurate. L@l's advice should always be taken with a pinch of salt. I believe some forum members had some bad experience with his workshop and attitude too some years back.

• Like 1

Just because Lal Alawaththa said it, doesn't make it true... .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a viva Elite and i hv being using 1.5 years now. Recently i noticed this spilling battery problem . What i need to do this for spilling battery.

I have faced the caliper pin problem also and im waiting a time a call from Unimo to get a schedule date. What are problems or issues can cause when driving with the caliper pin matter.

Hi

I have a viva Elite and i hv being using 1.5 years now. Recently i noticed this spilling battery problem . What i need to do this for spilling battery.

I have faced the caliper pin problem also and im waiting a time a call from Unimo to get a schedule date. What are problems or issues can cause when driving with the caliper pin matter.

What on earth is a "spilling battery problem?" At first I thought it might be battery water spilling out, but then he went on to talk about a calliper pin.

Does the Elite have that many inherent design flaws where owners have decided to name these flaws :mellow:

Probably does mean battery water overflowing... And I guess the caliper pin thing is a common issue.. The viva in general is a pretty solid car for the price, way better than the indian offerings overall. I hear that they stand up to rental abuse very well too. But I guess perodua still havent totally mastered the quality issues

Hi

Get your battery checked, any good battery shop should be able to do it.

What on earth is a "spilling battery problem?" At first I thought it might be battery water spilling out, but then he went on to talk about a calliper pin.

Does the Elite have that many inherent design flaws where owners have decided to name these flaws :mellow:

Remembered that Sampath shared some photos on this... here you go, the "spilling battery problem" :D

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13336-viva-elite-community/page-4#entry240061

• Like 1

Probably does mean battery water overflowing... And I guess the caliper pin thing is a common issue.. The viva in general is a pretty solid car for the price, way better than the indian offerings overall. I hear that they stand up to rental abuse very well too. But I guess perodua still havent totally mastered the quality issues

Get your battery checked, any good battery shop should be able to do it.

Remembered that Sampath shared some photos on this... here you go, the "spilling battery problem" :D

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13336-viva-elite-community/page-4#entry240061

Ohh I see.. Well, I guess it's more a problem with the OEM battery than the car itself in this case.

And from Sampath's post I see the calliper issue is something unrelated to the battery.

Btw out of curiosity, all those ordered that were delayed till the latter half of the year, have they been delivered?

• 4 months later...
Hi

After waiting for a long time, improved caliper pin design has been now released. (Today I saw at Unit#d Mot#rs ,Orugodawatta and could not click a photo, but it looks like what is in the photo which I edited). What I heard is, at the moment they have got a limited stock and priority for warranty replacements. Guys, if you have Caliper pin issue, please now check with Unit#d Mot#rs soon.

10xr.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

• 2 weeks later...

Guys need a advice :- Metal vibration noise when accelerating engine in the hill area

Guys i have a viva elite now reached 18000km. Recently i have noticed a metal vibration noise in the Engine. Normally when i drive my car in the hill area like Kandy (Kadugannawa) we need to accelerate more and engine has to give a extra effort. In such situation i can here a metal vibration noise in the engine.. Im using 95 octane petrol.

Guys need a advice :- Metal vibration noise when accelerating engine in the hill area

Guys i have a viva elite now reached 18000km. Recently i have noticed a metal vibration noise in the Engine. Normally when i drive my car in the hill area like Kandy (Kadugannawa) we need to accelerate more and engine has to give a extra effort. In such situation i can here a metal vibration noise in the engine.. Im using 95 octane petrol.

I guess your Elite is with Automatic Transmission. If so,when you climb up hills, lower your speed up to 05km/h and shift the gear from ''D" to "D3" and check. (Also you have to get it done the 1st tuneup at 20,000km.)

I guess your Elite is with Automatic Transmission. If so,when you climb up hills, lower your speed up to 05km/h and shift the gear from ''D" to "D3" and check. (Also you have to get it done the 1st tuneup at 20,000km.)

Thx Sampath..

I just want to know whether this s an issue of the engine.. Also wat s the purpose of shiftin the gear like that.. Ya my car is a automatic transmission car...

Thx Sampath..

I just want to know whether this s an issue of the engine.. Also wat s the purpose of shiftin the gear like that.. Ya my car is a automatic transmission car...

You need to shift gear to D3 when climb up to get more power. Owners manual says not to shift gears when car moves and Unit#d Mot#rs Technical person said to reduce the speed up to 05km/h and shift D to D3. I am sorry I'am not an expert to explain the technical theory behind this. You try my point and still you have the problem check with Unit#d Mot#rs.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

If it's an automatic transmission just keep it in D. The car will choose the most appropriate gear based on your speed and incline.

The technical reasoning is that you need more torque which means it needs to be in a lower gear. And yes, do NOT go down to L (which I presume is your D3) when the car is moving.

If it's an automatic transmission just keep it in D. The car will choose the most appropriate gear based on your speed and incline.

The technical reasoning is that you need more torque which means it needs to be in a lower gear. And yes, do NOT go down to L (which I presume is your D3) when the car is moving.

Guys now i can here a tick tick" sound from the steering wheel when i take bend (not every time). does this because of Shocks mount ? is there any sound coming for that issue?..

now more than 18000kms

Guys now i can here a tick tick" sound from the steering wheel when i take bend (not every time). does this because of Shocks mount ? is there any sound coming for that issue?..

now more than 18000kms

You'll certainly need to give a lot more information for us to help you. Things like 'sounds' cant easily be diagnosed remotely. For starters...

1. Are you sure it's from the steering wheel?

2. Is it only 2 ticks? Or is it continuous?

3. Is it only while the steering is being rotated, or is it as long as the steering is not straight

It has "2, 3 and D"

i think 3 means something like "O/D off"

• MADZ featured and unfeatured this topic